Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Thai International Airways

I flew Thai HKG-BKK in February in a 777-200, it didn't seem like 34" but may have been an old short haul bird.

The staff were fantastic, I nodded off after the meal for a few minutes, and when I woke there was another can of beer waiting ;D

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone finds  a good price to fly out London to Bangkok around xmas/newyear on Thai (fly out, fr 3 weeks) can you PLEASE post here with site

Thanks

If anyone finds  a good price to fly out London to Bangkok around xmas/newyear on Thai (fly out, fr 3 weeks) can you PLEASE post here with site

Thanks

IMHO you have absolutely no chance of getting any 'deals' on the major, direct route airlines during the Xmas/New Year period. Your best bet is to look around for the best price now and put a deposit down on the flight, i.e. don't wait hoping for last minute deals.

Tying yourself to Thai won't make it any easier either.

I get around this by buying my ticket in the LOS and making the December flight my return option.

In effect I already have my Christmas ticket. Cost me under £500 return.

Thanks

An alternative may be to fly from Paris, if it's not a problem for you. Looked at dates 19th Dec - 10th Jan 715 euros(£500) with Thai Airways

Good option if flying from a regional airport.

If you need more details let me know.

Captain C

Good luck with te EVA U.G  I work for EVA handling Co

& on first name terms with the staff but did not get u.g on my trip last month, if you stand at either the Thai ( we handle them too) or EVA ticket desk for 10 mins you will get at least 1 reqest for  u.g for various reasons i.e " I have a note from my doctor that  I have d.v.t " Or I got one last time because you were full. The Thai has been going out somedays with 300 empty seats on the 2 flights lately. Not sure about the EVA, but my workmate went out last week and had 3 seats blocked off to himself, pehaps flying to TPE is not in demand due to the SARS caper.  ;)  

Hi Valentinoxxx

I like the sound of flying with Thai via Paris, as the dates 19th Dec to 10th Jan are the dates i've been looking at. cannot find this flight on the net. So please give me more info

Thanks again Gerald

• 2 months later...

Have just got back from Thailand .... had a great flight with lots of leg room and good food. I'll have to put Thai air in the number one spot with Qantas

Gerald,

Hope you had a great time! Did you fly economy class with Thai? also was the aircraft full or plenty of empty seats? I flew HKG-BKK with Thai and I felt the cabin staff were very good.

TIA

i Gus ....

Had a great time in Pattaya, meet up with some of the guys ;D never had a good time in the village as on this trip we stayed in the village for 4 nights. As for the flight, i went economy class; the plane was full in all class on the Bangkok to London and could only see 1 or 2 empity seats going to Bangkok

Blatant Plug here, but sometime in October I should have my ATOL (cross fingers) and will be selling Long Haul Airtickets once again..

I was around in the 80' as Thai Travel but sold the company due to many problems, not the least being that I smashed 3 discs in my back.

People that bought Thai Travel thought they could sit back and wait for the cash to roll in, without working for it. It failed. I'm back and fit again so decided to restart the business, this time with full Bonding.

As before I will be selling Air tickets as cheaply as possible whilst still needing to make a profit. That means I will try to undercut any quoted fare if at all possible, especially for FLB punters. [smiley=angel.gif]

Ill be in Pattaya in September. See you at the Bar. [smiley=hippie.gif] [smiley=hippie.gif]

Crackpot,

All the very best with your new venture, we can save a few quid, you can earn a few quid and theres still a few baht left over for the TGs:biggrin:

• 6 months later...

Just been looking at flights London to Bangkok, as others are telling as, some very good prices... jUNE £420.00 with tax...... BUT ... as i'll be returning with Joy and baby at first it looked a very good price .. But Thai want the full £420.00 for a baby that would be sitting on Joy's lap ..... i think i'll be flying with BA this year as the ticket is more £533.00 with tax and £140.00 for the baby .......  Thai total £1260.00 .. BA total £1206.00

Guest Fatboyfat

Gerald

Have you looked at the EVA prices on OURStravel. According to their ticket rules, infants travel for 10% of the published adult fare. So you might even be able to travel Evergreen Deluxe for the money you could be spending on the "Worlds Favourite"  [smiley=bullshit.gif] [smiley=bullshit.gif] airline. You get the front bulkhead seats with a hook on basinet for the rug-noo too!