Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Good real estate site for searches?

Does anyone know a decent searchable Pattaya (area) real estate site?

I would like it to have the usual search criteria (bdrms, baths, sqm interior, price), but also want it to be selective in detail on location...e.g., North Pattaya, South Pattaya, Central Pattaya, East Pattaya.

I tried one site and it just allowed me to put in Pattaya, and I got 1700+ listings from here to hell and back, mostly East Pattaya.

Also, lots of pictures and the usual checkmarks for security, pool, internet etc.

From what I've seen so far, all of the sites are a rats nest.

Thanks, Steve.

I'll be more specific. I'm looking for houses to rent or buy (most likely rent).

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Why not put a few details here and see if something comes back?

Why not put a few details here and see if something comes back?

It's a general question that would apply to anyone looking for rent/buy, house/condo.

My details are best left between me and the most flexible search engine.

It's a general question that would apply to anyone looking for rent/buy, house/condo.

My details are best left between me and the most flexible search engine.

It is just I know of one large property close to me.

Most of the agent search engines I have tried come up with nothing when I put selective fields in and considering the number of places up for sale these days I can only conclude they don't work very well....

Edited by jacko

So what was your problem ....

Read the first sentence in my OP.

There is a business opportunity there.

Getting quality input could be a challenge.

Some of the hotel booking sites for Pattaya and so forth can break it down by area so it cannot be that difficult technically.

I did go to some of the links and it was, as MM stated, a rat's nest. I did not look at if the listings were current or not, another potential issue I'm sure.

There is a business opportunity there.

Getting quality input could be a challenge.

I got as far as design specs for a website and online database back in about 2007/8 which would not only include the usual bedrooms, price, area etc.but also other useful criteria like private pool, high/medium/low floors for condos, distance from an input location etc.

In the end the available talent in Pattaya couldn't come up with a technical solution to a relatively simple SQL database (or alternative) requirement and after months of frustration I dropped the project.

To date, nearly a decade later, there is still not a completely useful site with even half the options required. However, I don't think the money which certainly would have been there in the past is there today but if you knew how to do it yourself, you could find a market because all of the major players plus single owners could use your portal and even drop their own bespoke websites, instead either whitelabeling this one or simply having their site show their properties hosted on the portal database.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Im using Hipflat when in Bangkok ,but they have a Chonburi seach also. Multiple agencies with map or list views. In Bangkok they also list the # of meters to the nearest BTS .

In checking Pattaya it seems you guys have lot more choices than the View Talays of old.. I haven't been back in a few years, thinking I need to plan another visit.

• Upvote 1

Ahh - virus - thanks - and thanks to martin too :-)

In the case of the removed link, it wasn't a virus. The domain was inactive and had gone back to the domain reseller.

• Upvote 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Stop into a realtors office in Pattaya, explain that you won't be ready to buy for a year+ and you want to poke around on your own. Ask them about the MLS service they use. To get their attention tell them that you'll provide them with some of the paid transaction work(provided it's a fair price) IF a deal goes through. Typically, use of the MLS in the U.S. is a paid subscription but, maybe, they can point you to a webpage(or have their own) that can break it down with your parameters in mind. Realtors, like car salesmen, are scum. If they can make 10Bt two years down the road they'll listen.