Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Just booked for 2 weeks in November.

Last time I was there the Haven hotel next to the Sandy Spring was knocked down to make way for a new wing of the Sandy.

Can anyone tell me what's happening there?

I don't want to book the Sandy to find I'm getting woken up by construction noise.

Cheers

Just booked for 2 weeks in November.

Last time I was there the Haven hotel next to the Sandy Spring was knocked down to make way for a new wing of the Sandy.

Can anyone tell me what's happening there?

I don't want to book the Sandy to find I'm getting woken up by construction noise.

Cheers

What soi is it on?

I walked bloody miles checking out hotels for my sons' visit in April and can empathise with your concern over construction noise..

Let me know and I'll walk the walk for you...

It's about half way on Soi 13. I like it because it's a reasonable hotel in great location.

Thanks Bullfrog

No probs.

It gives me an excuse to spend an afternoon in Bodega bar 13/2....whoops...I meant check my PO Box...

Glad to help you out ^_^

OK Here we go..

Everything was quiet walking down the soi from second road. I stopped outside the entrance to Sandy Spring and noticed a "Bite Me" girl working at King's table so I chatted to her for a bit.

- There was construction noise from building work behind King's Table but nothing serious.

- The plot next to Sandy Spring was still demolished with bugger all activity going on. Either they are turning it into a flora, fauna or bird sanctuary and your stay at Sandy Spring will be delighful or it will be a construction site with all the noise and inconvenience you are worried about.... My advice..Book elsewhere...

I then took a stroll to Beer garden where they kindly started serving me Long Island Iced Teas at 09:30...

Edited by Bullfrog

The first stage of construction is usually to sink the piles in, starting at 0700 and finishing around 1800, a constant "thud thud thud" ruins a holiday. I had that a couple of years ago staying at the Sabai on Soi 1, they were putting a new construction up opposite, luckily I was in low season and managed to relocate to another part of the hotel.

The first stage of construction is usually to sink the piles in, starting at 0700 and finishing around 1800, a constant "thud thud thud" ruins a holiday.

Wonder if this is also Jacko's untold ladyboy story....????

• Upvote 1

Wonder if this is also Jacko's untold ladyboy story....????

And untold it shall remain.... as I remain inviolate. :D

In Violet?

Yes, on Thursdays, Friday in the pink and Saturday rosy, Sunday peachy, Monday feeling blue and Tuesday ruby, Wednesday i see red.

Thanks for checking that out Bullfrog.

I rang the Sandy Spring and they assured me there will be no construction in November, so I went ahead and booked.

If that turns out to be not true, I'll move.

I like the Deluxe sea view rooms at 1700bht, been staying in them for many years.

Cheers

I stayed at The Haven back in 2002, the first pilings for The Sandy Spring went in right outside my window. I had to move to soi 8 for quiet...lol. Nicely run hotel though.

I stayed at The Haven back in 2002, the first pilings for The Sandy Spring went in right outside my window. I had to move to soi 8 for quiet...lol. Nicely run hotel though.

Yep, I was there as well, Feb-March 2002. But I think they were just clearing the land at that time and hadn't reached the pile driving stage.

• 2 weeks later...

I moved out of the Haven to sandy spring just after it opened,I was having breakfast outside in the Haven when the chambermaid shoved a bloodstained bedsheet under my nose and screamed at me that I had to pay 200 baht or something.i just packed and moved next-door.

• 3 weeks later...

I stayed there in June in deluxe seaview room. Nightmare to be honest. Drilling from 9am in the morning. They are building a new Sandy Spring hotel. You can stay in rooms on other side but then no seaview. The noise from Hooters is also deafening until about 130am. They told me there would be no noise too! Looks like it is off the menu.