Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Are you flying LHR/BKK with EVA?

If so, you might like to go to EVA's website and request your seat. A whole lot of seats appear to have been released going right into next year, including ones which are usually kept back until the last minute.

I've also noticed that a few of my flights are with the new 3-4-3 seat configuration. I was expecting less width to the seat but I see that they have also squeezed in more rows, so there will be less leg space as well. Two of the toilets at the back of the 'plane have been forsaken for this as well.

Thanks

I have just checked my 2 flights in Prem Econ.

BKK>LHR now has row 27 added in whereas before it was removed so I changed to row 27 as I want to be at the back.

LHR>BKK still only has 26 rows..........

I think I shall call customer service this morning...(It's 0530 now)

Edited by Bullfrog

I thought they were only running the 3-4-3 on the USA / local SEA routes. They are reconfiguring each plane as it goes into D check by the looks of things.

Anyway here's a link to the EVA seat map;

http://www.evaair.com/en-global/flying-with-eva/fleet-facts/passenger/777-300er.html?filter=&fleet=777-300ER

Thanks.

Do you happen to know if there is a way of finding out what the seat configuration is going to be BEFORE you do the booking?

I'm going to have to re-think my allegiance to EVA as reducing the number of toilets in cattle class by a third and, at the same time, adding c.40 extra seats is going to be a deal breaker.

Hi Bazle

Don't think so mate, it's almost impossible to work out what is going to be on what service on any given date without having the rotation info that EVA has. A call to EVA prior to booking might be worth a stab, but not sure if they'll be able to tell you.

I'm in total agreement with yourself, +40 pax and taking out a set of toilets is not going to be a great idea on a full flight. Even if it means paying more and going Thai or possibly exploring the ME Carriers might have to be an option, but I prefer direct. They've also changed the seat pitch from 32 to 31 pn the 3-4-3 planes. Failing that it's Deluxe on EVA. Thai still run 3-3-3 on their 777's from what I can see.

Let us know how you get on, will be interested to hear.

Cheers

Butch

Hi Bazle

Don't think so mate, it's almost impossible to work out what is going to be on what service on any given date without having the rotation info that EVA has. A call to EVA prior to booking might be worth a stab, but not sure if they'll be able to tell you.

I'm in total agreement with yourself, +40 pax and taking out a set of toilets is not going to be a great idea on a full flight. Even if it means paying more and going Thai or possibly exploring the ME Carriers might have to be an option, but I prefer direct. They've also changed the seat pitch from 32 to 31 pn the 3-4-3 planes. Failing that it's Deluxe on EVA. Thai still run 3-3-3 on their 777's from what I can see.

Let us know how you get on, will be interested to hear.

Cheers

Butch

Thanks.

I'll have my first experience of 3-4-3 in about 5 weeks' time. Will report back whether it is as bad as I fear.

This thread has got me a bit jittery because the seating plan doesn't show a row 27 in Prem.

So I went to "seat change" , checked again for the flight BKK>LHR next Thursday and not only is row 27 there but 2 other people have booked that row too.......

This thread has got me a bit jittery because the seating plan doesn't show a row 27 in Prem.

So I went to "seat change" , checked again for the flight BKK>LHR next Thursday and not only is row 27 there but 2 other people have booked that row too.......

Let us home none of them are gamy!

Let us home none of them are gamy!

I have to admit that on one occasion flying from Athens to BKK I was asked to put my shoes back on by those around me. I had done a night shift, then flown down from Saloniki without taking a shower....

I have to admit that on one occasion flying from Athens to BKK I was asked to put my shoes back on by those around me. I had done a night shift, then flown down from Saloniki without taking a shower....

I got a Korean next to me in First Class once who was turning the air blue around him!

Bloody hell Bullfrog, no excuse mate! .But It's an occupational hazard when flying these days it seems. It's not as if Boots don't sell deodorant in the Departure hall.

My biggest problem though is stifling farts. For some reason when we hit 30k feet guts just fill up with air, recently when we landed in BKK I continuously farted between stepping off the plane to the VIP meet and greet at the end of the corridor. Every step I took I let one out, all silent and non smelly (to me) though.

It's not as if Boots don't sell deodorant in the Departure hall.

My biggest problem though is stifling farts. For some reason when we hit 30k feet guts just fill up with air, recently when we landed in BKK I continuously farted between stepping off the plane to the VIP meet and greet at the end of the corridor. Every step I took I let one out, all silent and non smelly (to me) though.

At that time transit from Saloniki through Athens had bugger all in it..!!

Drinking bubbly on a plane always makes me fart. Mine are silent though because of my noise cancelling headphones...

At that time transit from Saloniki through Athens had bugger all in it..!!

Drinking bubbly on a plane always makes me fart. Mine are silent though because of my noise cancelling headphones...

The silent ones are the deadly ones.

"A passenger on an airliner was arrested today after landing. He was booked on terrorism charges for releasing deadly gas on his flight. The arrested individual claimed it was farts caused by drinking champagne. He is being held without bond pending arraignment."

• Upvote 2

The silent ones are the deadly ones.

"A passenger on an airliner was arrested today after landing. He was booked on terrorism charges for releasing deadly gas on his flight. The arrested individual claimed it was farts caused by drinking champagne. He is being held without bond pending arraignment."

I thought that I had blanket coverage .........

• Upvote 1

Bloody hell Bullfrog, no excuse mate! .But It's an occupational hazard when flying these days it seems. It's not as if Boots don't sell deodorant in the Departure hall.

Not everyone carries a spare pair of socks, and I remember my father's feet after a shift at work were horrific. He would slip his shoes off and place them up on the hearth where the heat would stew them, and we as kids would suffer in fearful silence, hoping mother would come in from the kitchen and order him to put his slippers on! I start my journeys out barefooted at the Bangkok end, clean socks come out an hour or two from UK landing.

Airline food and sitting does seem to cause belly churns, as you say, you were leaving the malodorous effects behind. My problem is I usually haven't had the option of blue-cheese for a while and cannot refuse!

Edited by jacko