Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Premier League 2017-18

Premier League winners  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi,

Rinus Michels and Alex Ferguson probably got lots of Dutch and Scottish managers of mediocre quality jobs in the top leagues. Owners think " is this guy the next Michels or Ferguson " ? Usually they are not. Bilic is a dead man walking IMO.

Bilic and WH got a big win at home so a reprieve for now.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi,   Arsenal usually lose the first game and fail to impress in victory over Leicester. At least they won and we were dancing like maniacs on the Holloway Road.

What's wrong with Spurs?

Hi,   I don't think many of the young players have improved much under Wenger. Maybe that is why OX has gone to Liverpool, he feels Klopp will improve his game. Pochettino seems to have done a good

Hi,

Chelsea v Arsenal is the game of the weekend. Chelsea have done well since their first day defeat and look likely winners. Man Utd are hot favs to beat Everton who seem out of sorts. West Ham might be worth a little bet on the AH after winning last week against a West Brom side who lost last week. Watford have started well but have a tough game v City. I'll be interested to see how Huddersfield do against Leicester.

Hi,

Chelsea v Arsenal is the game of the weekend. Chelsea have done well since their first day defeat and look likely winners. Man Utd are hot favs to beat Everton who seem out of sorts. West Ham might be worth a little bet on the AH after winning last week against a West Brom side who lost last week. Watford have started well but have a tough game v City. I'll be interested to see how Huddersfield do against Leicester.

Um, what is your record on what will be the game of the weekend? We should keep score. I have it as 0-1 but may have missed previous prognostications prior to last week.

Um, what is your record on what will be the game of the weekend? We should keep score. I have it as 0-1 but may have missed previous prognostications prior to last week.

Hi,

I feel these are games which will have an impact on winners/demoted of the League rather than being the most entertaining.

Hi,

Arsenal get a deserved point at Chelsea. City and United get large wins. Huddersfield are unlucky not to beat Leicester and look to have a great chance to still be in the Premier League next year.

Hi,

Arsenal get a deserved point at Chelsea. City and United get large wins. Huddersfield are unlucky not to beat Leicester and look to have a great chance to still be in the Premier League next year.

Didn't get the Chelsea/Arsenal match here in the States which was disappointing. Manchester United must get better ratings.

Hi,

I feel these are games which will have an impact on winners/demoted of the League rather than being the most entertaining.

A good point. There are some real head scratchers.

Crystal Palace has not even scored a goal. Right now 8 teams at or within a point of the bottom 3.

Huddersfield, Burnley and Newcastle doing better than I expected but it's early. Just the first month.

Didn't get the Chelsea/Arsenal match here in the States which was disappointing. Manchester United must get better ratings.

Hi,

Man Utd have massive support all over the World. I feel they get a little help from their friends in times of crisis. It's in no ones interest financially that they are not in the shake up. Money talks.

A good point. There are some real head scratchers.

Crystal Palace has not even scored a goal. Right now 8 teams at or within a point of the bottom 3.

Huddersfield, Burnley and Newcastle doing better than I expected but it's early. Just the first month.

Hi,

Palace must have been a massive price to have no points/goals at this stage. Roy Hodgson is not popular in the media after Englands defeat to Iceland. They could struggle. Brighton are even money to stay up(not for me) Huddersfield are 8/15 to stay up. Thats tempting even though you get little value in stay up/relegation markets.

Hi,

Palace must have been a massive price to have no points/goals at this stage. Roy Hodgson is not popular in the media after Englands defeat to Iceland. They could struggle. Brighton are even money to stay up(not for me) Huddersfield are 8/15 to stay up. Thats tempting even though you get little value in stay up/relegation markets.

Did not know that regarding Hodgson's popularity. The odds you shared are interesting as I forgot about sports betting in the UK. Here you have to basically go to Vegas, Reno, Tahoe, etc. I am not sure if it is allowed in Atlantic City.

"In the United States of America, it is illegal to operate a betting scheme, except in Nevada, Oregon, Delaware, and Montana. In many European nations, bookmaking (the profession of accepting sports wagers) is regulated but not criminalized."

Did not know that regarding Hodgson's popularity. The odds you shared are interesting as I forgot about sports betting in the UK. Here you have to basically go to Vegas, Reno, Tahoe, etc. I am not sure if it is allowed in Atlantic City.

"In the United States of America, it is illegal to operate a betting scheme, except in Nevada, Oregon, Delaware, and Montana. In many European nations, bookmaking (the profession of accepting sports wagers) is regulated but not criminalized."

Hi,

Betting is legal in UK. Most people have no problems but a minority get addicted to what are called "FOBT's" and sometimes wreck the machines.One can see people(mainly Chinese) with thousands of pounds credit on a machine and a few minutes later they have lost the lot !

Hi,

I backed West Ham for the first time last week and they won me a little money. I'm going to have another go this week as they play hot favs Spurs. They are around evens with a goal on the AH and 1/2 with a 1.5 start. Not a great round of games otherwise.

Hi,

Champions Chelsea are the team of the weekend with a big win at a ground where Arsenal lost and Man Utd drew. Man Utd get a good away win at Southampton while City slam Palace. West Ham bring home the bacon for wac despite losing 3-2 to Spurs. Gareth Barry makes his record appearance at the suitably grand Emirates Stadium tonight. He surpasses Ryan Giggs, who was a much better player, but Barry is a great pro. :clap2

Hi,

Chelsea play Man City in the game of the round. City have Kun and Mendy out for a while so things aint going great for Pep.Still he has a strong squad and this should be a good game. The men from Huddersfield take on Spurs and the bookies expect it to be a win for Spurs. I might have a little bet on the AH on Huddersfield. :D

Hi,

Man City are the team of the weekend with a convincing win against champions Chelsea. Spurs, and Harry Kane in particular, impress in the north, in what could have been a difficult fixture. Arsenal move up the table as Liverpool draw at the Toon. It looks like the Manchester teams will fight it out as there are rumours of unrest at Chelsea.

It looks like the Manchester teams will fight it out as there are rumours of unrest at Chelsea.

Agree – but we have seen before a lot can change doing the season. Lets see ...

Agree – but we have seen before a lot can change doing the season. Lets see ...

Hi,

City imploded last year. Maybe Pep has learned a lesson ?

Spurs are playing much better. Just need success at (home).

Hi,

Just cant see Spurs winning the League. Maybe a cup ?

Hi,

Just cant see Spurs winning the League. Maybe a cup ?

I am thinking City for the league. ManU is playing so much better than last season. Spurs should be in the top four. I have not been impressed with Chelsea so far and Arsenal has played better.

Who else? Burnley, Watford, Liverpool? I don't see them in the top four. I am not an expert on the various cups except I follow the Champions League. There are a lot of interesting teams and leagues in Europe. Of course, we don't get many of those matches here and essentially none of other cup matches.

I am thinking City for the league. ManU is playing so much better than last season. Spurs should be in the top four. I have not been impressed with Chelsea so far and Arsenal has played better.

Who else? Burnley, Watford, Liverpool? I don't see them in the top four. I am not an expert on the various cups except I follow the Champions League. There are a lot of interesting teams and leagues in Europe. Of course, we don't get many of those matches here and essentially none of other cup matches.

Hi,

The English teams have struggled in the Champions League lately. Various excuses are tendered, but I feel the best teams in some countries are better, technically, than the PL teams. It can be argued that the PL is more competitive than the other leagues. However, Liverpool dominated years ago and Man Utd and Chelsea have won it recently and the PL was just as competitive then.

Hi,

Lots of Londoners support either Liverpool or Man Utd so it will be a busy lunchtime tomorrow as supporters flock to the bars to neck it down for the weekend :party and watch the game. Liverpool will be going for victory as the fans are revolting.United will be happy with a draw. Interesting game.

Edited by wacmedia