Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Gentlemen....some of your thoughts please....

I am looking at renting a condo in the Avenue Residence on soi 15 between 2nd road and soi buckhou.

I have narrowed my choice to 2, both with pros and cons, and would like some thoughts in case I have forgotten anything.

One is in building b, on the 1st floor, that is one above the ground floor. It overlooks the small soi that links soi 15 to buckhou, and the small area of scrubland when the motorbike taxis reside. Advantages, few stairs when the lifts are out, disadvantage, security...easy for people to break in from outside??, no natural breeze

The other is on a high floor in building a, at the back. It overlooks the corner of the new hotel that is there, but also that 2 floor bar complex that is almost devoid of life on buckhou. Ok, so lots of stairs if needed, but my main concern is the possible noise from those bars on buckhou. I went for a wander about 11.30pm, and could hear nothing.

Would welcome any other thoughts you may have. I'm staying for 6 months and don't want to get it wrong! The last thing I want is a booming bass interrupting my beauty sleep...

Thanks

For peace of mind, re safety, i'd go witht he higher one.

Worst case scenario, just use ear plugs.

Worst case scenario with the other, you could get robbed by what you've said.

Just my opinion.

I stay in Soi 15 and can remember only once hearing the music from Action Street. Even then I was outside and doubt it would have been heard inside.

I think your main concerns about noise should be from Soi 15 itself - occasional noisy motorbike, occasional pissed pedestrians going home etc - and from that small bar on Soi 15 right beside your condo development.

For peace of mind, re safety, i'd go witht he higher one.

Worst case scenario, just use ear plugs.

Worst case scenario with the other, you could get robbed by what you've said.

Just my opinion.

Same as my thoughts...thanks!

Maybe book for a week initially with the 6 months as an option if it is as good as you hope.

Sendt fra min ALE-L21 med Tapatalk

Unfortunately not an option....there are signs all round the place saying it is a residence not a hotel and stays of less than a month are illegal. As my contract will be with a "reputable" agent I doubt they will condone this.

I stay in Soi 15 and can remember only once hearing the music from Action Street. Even then I was outside and doubt it would have been heard inside.

I think your main concerns about noise should be from Soi 15 itself - occasional noisy motorbike, occasional pissed pedestrians going home etc - and from that small bar on Soi 15 right beside your condo development.

Useful info...thanks. the bar next to the development won't be an issue as both condos are in the opposite corner of the development from the bar. Action street is actually hidden behind ok me of the hotels there, and isn't too much of a concern. It the two level bar complex that now has the grand total of 3 open bars in it that is worrying me slightly, although it was all quiet last night. Is this likely to fill up and become noisy over the next 6 months? As it hasn't in the past 5? years I doubt it will now....

Thanks gents

Unless you are aware of some initiative to revitalise that bar complex in the next few months I wouldn't worry about it. I bet a lot of customers on Soi Buakhau don't even know it is there. At one stage they were renting the upper units out at 100 baht per day and had filled most of them. However, after high season they were all vacant again.

• Upvote 1

Just to round this off....the top floor apartment had issues with the drains in the bathroom, and whilst it was a nice, light and airy condo, the smell and the fact that is was HOT (top floor and sun morning and afternoon on the walls) meant it was a no go.

The lower floor would have worked, until I got talking to the juristic people there who showned me a 3rd floor, one bed condo at the same price. Done. Move in on friday.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...