Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Singapore Air - Premium Economy

For their nonstop flight (SFO - SIN) on the A350-900 aircraft, I see that Singapore offers premium economy class which is way less than business class. No more first class though (not that I would ever pay for it).

Premium economy offers 1 more of seat width (18), and 6 more leg room (38). although there are only 24 PE seats on board.

Has anyone tried this class on SQ, and if so please give your assessment.

I know B-class is great, but it comes with a hefty price tag.

If it's anything like the Premium Economy seats Thai Air used to have on the A340-500 (I think that's what it was), then they're nice. At least I thought it was worth the extra cost.

I used to use EVA's premium a lot...for me the 38inch leg room was good, but the selling point was there were two arm rests between seats, so you weren't constantly fighting for it with the oversized bloke next to you...

Not sure if this helps with Singapore's premium though...!

• Upvote 1

We've flown Cathay PE and we did consider Singapore PE at the time, there doesn't seem to be too much difference price wise (from the UK at least) but if the Cathay product is anything to go by, for a long haul flight it is definitely worth the extra. Ours worked out at roughly £300 per person on the return LHR-HKG-LHR legs (HKG to MNL wasn't worth it for 2 1/2 hours in the air).

Here's a comparison between the two done last year:

http://www.godsavethepoints.com/2017/08/11/sleep-plane-airlines-offer-best-premium-economy-seats/

*Edit in

Looking at the flight time SFO-SIN of nearly 17 hours, to be honest it's a no brainer. I'd book the Premium economy without a second thought.

Edited by Butch