Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

The Imperial Hotel / ? new shopping mall

The Imperial (previously Montien) Hotel was a hotel set in grounds occupying an extensive plot of land bordered on the west side by Beach Road, on the north by the Hard Rock Hotel, on the east by Second Road, and on the south by Sea Terrace restaurant, and several other businesses.

View from the south1.JPG

It is now boarded up on the Beach Road and Second Road sides, and its sign on Beach Road covered over.

2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG5.JPG

The website for the hotel says:

6.jpg

Here is a review on Trip Adviser from March 2018:

7.jpg

The comments there seem to be confirmed by a recent item in Pattaya News Flash (http://www.pattayanewsflash.com) which says:

Another shopping centre is being built behind these barriers.

Beerli-Jucker, the current owner of BigC and Makro, is building a Mall and Hotel on a plot located between Pattaya Beach Road and 2nd Road.

There's no sign of building work commencing at this point. It will be an enormous project if it ever gets off the ground.

I recall staying there while I was working in Laem Chabang, this must have been around late 1990s. I had to move out for a spell as it was fully booked and I ended up in the Dusit. Two hotels that have been around a long time. It was a bit strict to bring girls back if I recall, although doable. To be honest there was nothing special about the rooms back then. Extensive space around the place, the pool area at the Beach side and gardens, parking and tennis courts at the rear. 

Will this become another of those places where rooms are around 5000 baht as Pattaya slides away from the mongers?

Terminal 21 can’t fill its car park higher than the 2nd level and although there are plenty of tourists wandering around one wonders if the town can cope with another mall in that vicinity!!