Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rawhide2

Checked out of Eastiny Place Soi 8

Friend had recommended the pricing of the Eastiny Group of hotels and on that front he was perfectly correct. If you book use Hotels own website and prices are very cheap to say the least.

There are 4 types of room and even the 76 SM Suites only run around 950 a night and I had the deluxe room which was the next highest price at 628 Baht a night if you book in multiples of 3 nights. We were paying these sort of rates 20 years ago plus.

There the recommendation ends though. There are so many niggles that with a bit of effort could be sorted. Bizarrely Indians who I thought would be an issue were not. Didnt see any at all which was suprising

No wifi around Pool area. Broken tiles. What I assumed was the pool pump/filtration was quite loud to say the least...No Room service or coffee shop... Surly staff males who you'd cross the road to avoid. No room safes in fact the 1st night I couldnt even have a box at reception as all full. The place is "grubby" the bathroom is pretty shocking and yet couple bottles of bleach would rectify it. The shower curtain is filthy to say the least. No Bum guns.... Whilst it cant be blamed on the hotel the most miserable guests are here. Little bit of bar noise but it wouldnt annoy 99%

Location wise obviously 9/10 with all facilities from Laundry 7/11 Exchange booths literally within metres. Would I stay again. Probably not but wouldnt rule it out entirely. The standard rooms frankly dont look much different to mine (slightly smaller) but at 490 Baht a night a real bargain

If you looking at longer term stays I'd actually go over to Bellavista in the cut thro between 7 and 8 (same group) where superior rooms are around 380 Baht a night. A full service hotel for less than 12,000 a month is a pretty good result

However you get what you pay for and it was pretty damning when the cleaner said "you change hotel"....clearly it must happen quite often. Shame because bit of effort could upgrade the place at little cost

Edited by Rawhide2

I should have said in OP you need to register on their website because it gives an additional 10% off using hotels own website on top of the 3 nights for 2 offers

If you register you'll see the additional black rectangular box with "member promotion"

Screenshot is todays price for 3 nights in Deluxe so 638 Baht a night

Screenshot_2020-02-03 Book now, best price guaranteed (1).png

I used to stay on the Eastiny 10, it was a great place, nice pool, rake of bars opposite, good staff and clean. That was until the Indians started to stay there, spittle on the floor around the pool, they would be smoking in the lifts and the place went downhill very fast.

We moved to the Eastiny on 8 and as you say, it hadn't been there long when we stayed and it was awesome, but again, on the return trip it had gone downhill. I stopped staying on the Soi 8 area due to the noise. Those prices are really good for a well located hotel with a pool though, I guess if you could put up with the niggles it offers good value.

1 hour ago, Butch said:

I used to stay on the Eastiny 10, it was a great place, nice pool, rake of bars opposite, good staff and clean. That was until the Indians started to stay there, spittle on the floor around the pool, they would be smoking in the lifts and the place went downhill very fast.

We moved to the Eastiny on 8 and as you say, it hadn't been there long when we stayed and it was awesome, but again, on the return trip it had gone downhill. I stopped staying on the Soi 8 area due to the noise. Those prices are really good for a well located hotel with a pool though, I guess if you could put up with the niggles it offers good value.

Without doubt Butch tremendous value. As per post couple bottles of bleach would sort the bathroom. Install a router for Wifi around pool. Mend the broken tiles. Ask the male staff to at least smile on occasions lol.  4 massive improvements there for absolutely pennies

The standard rooms are a massive result at around 490 Baht make no mistake

The location alone is worth couple hundred baht I'd say

Edited by Rawhide2

Eastiny have dropped the 3 nights for 2 promotion if anyone is getting room rates nowhere near what I stated !