Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Used auto purchase from Thai

I have come across a good deal on an auto purchase from a local Pattaya Thai.

I have my Thai drivers license, residence certificate and retirement visa.

They have the paperwork for the vehicle.

I’m curious if there’s a link for the buying procedure.  My first auto purchase in Pattaya.

Or is there any third party agencies to bring all requirements and have them complete the transfer and ensure everything in accordance to Thai law.  I’ll pay the fee to avoid dealing with DLT office.

Thanks

3 hours ago, typhoon42 said:

I have come across a good deal on an auto purchase from a local Pattaya Thai.

I have my Thai drivers license, residence certificate and retirement visa.

They have the paperwork for the vehicle.

I’m curious if there’s a link for the buying procedure.  My first auto purchase in Pattaya.

Or is there any third party agencies to bring all requirements and have them complete the transfer and ensure everything in accordance to Thai law.  I’ll pay the fee to avoid dealing with DLT office.

Thanks

I was waiting to see if anybody replied before offering my input...

I have seen a sign in an office window somewhere on Pattaya Tai / LK Pavillion. Either a lawyers, an insurance agent (on Tai) or a driving school (LK Pavilion)  saying "transfer of car ownership" or something similar. I will be heading up that way next week and will try and get you a phone number or something ...In the meantime ignore me and listen to whatever anybody else says ...

As an afterthought hows about that shop on New Plaza that does licenses....??

• Thanks 1

Here is an archived thread on Thai Visa on this topic...

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1003931-used-car-transfer-registration/

Beware, it is a few years old and I believe that you can have out of province plates now. It is over a decade since I bought a car, and then I did have to transfer it from Bangkok plates to Chonburi plates, which required trips to Chonburi City. I suspect it can all be done in Pattaya now... if it is open currently.

• Thanks 1

I don't know where you live but how about the shop opposite Mr DIY on Khao Talo ....????

Or the office between Walkabout Creek and Coffee Beer Bar ...On Pattaya Tai...near Friendship .....forgotten the name ......

Edited by Bullfrog

The office between Walkabout Creek and Coffee Beer Bar is called J and E concierge service and they definitely do transfer of car ownership. It costs 5,000 baht ex tax for the service. I think this price should be used as a benchmark because when I had been in there previously I found their services to be the most expensive in Pattaya..

Anyway, I picked up a card today when I asked the price ...Tel O818658910 ..

Good Luck!!  

• Thanks 1