Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

EASTINY PLACE HOTEL PAYMENT!

Can any of you guys who have stayed at Eastiny Place Hotel! tell me if you are asked to make payment at the start of your stay! or do you make the payment at the end of your stay! with your mini bar, telephone calls bills etc... and can you pay by credit cart? if so, is there any sur charge of any sort!

Cheers in advance!!!

Arriving on the 8th April :lol: :lol: :o

Stiffler.

This might be outdated information as I stayed there 3 times in 2002 but haven't stayed since because they wanted more than what they charged me in the past. The price you pay for giving them good reviews and making the place popular. When I stayed I gave them my credit card upon arrival and they took the info, when I checked out is when I paid the bill which include mini bar and restaurant and at that time they charged me an additional 3% for using a credit card.

Emil

I have stayed at the Eastiny Inn on the last 5 or 6 trips. They have the same owner as the Eastiny Place. They take the credit card information when you check in, and ask for no deposit or to prepay the room. When I checked out I have them run the credit card for the room and any extras. I have never been charged a fee to use my credit card there. In fact I have never been asked or charged a fee to use my credit card for hotels in Thailand. After receiving my credit card statement for one of my trips last year, the charged was a few dollars less because of the exchange rate. They will always run the card using 'baht' and not dollars.

LeoTex

This is illegal and all the legit hotels will never ask or chrg

extra 3% when using cc.    :rolleyes:  Tell them to buzz off!

pttyabri

This might be the case where you win the battle but lose the war. I agree with you if I where paying the published price and all the room were the same, but in Pattaya the room rates will vary between customers at the same time of the year. When I stayed at the Eastiny Place I always stayed on one of the upper floors facing the pool and not the back of the Sunshine hotel. Also I was only paying 650 a night when others were paying 800 so I didn't mind paying the additional 20 baht a night. I find that if you maintain a good relationship with management they will look after you, as an example this past September I was paying 600 a night at another hotel but when a fellow board member inquired about a room they quoted him 800 and this past December when I was staying at the same hotel again paying only 600 a night a friend of mine came into town and asked about a room and they quoted him 1100 a night.

Emil

Emil,

Please tell us how you were able to get such a great rate at the Eastiny. I assume it was a walk in rate, and you charmed them with a big smile. Seriously though, did you bargain for the rate, or were you lucky enough to just receive it unrequested. Thanks.

SoCalGuy

yeah Emil I would like to know too.

Am off to Pattaya from April 14th till May 12 04.

that length of stay means small savivings can add up.

Would really appreciate ant tips or info friend

thanks in advance

jack.

SoCal and Jack,

I hope you guys didn't get confussed by my post. I paid 650 on my 3 stays in 2002 when the Eastiny was about a year old. All 3 times I sent them an email, the first time asking for a quote and they responded with 650. The next 2 times I asked for the same rate and they agreed. My stays are for 30 days and I was there Feb, August and November that year. When I couldn't get that rate in 2003 I looked elsewhere and found what I consider better rooms for an even lower rate.

Emil

Cheers Guys,

Cheers guys for info regarding when to make payment and about credit card sur charges! I think I will ask them if they do charge a sur charge before I hand my credit card over! that way if they do decide to charge! I'll pay by cash!

By the way! I am paying 750 baht a night! and have personaly been told by Mark that he has reserved three rooms poolside for me and the boys! so I'll soon find out if Mark is a man of his word or not :D

Take it easy guys!

Stiffler.

This is illegal and all the legit hotels will never ask or chrg

extra 3% when using cc. :D Tell them to buzz off!

pttyabri

It isnt illegal at all

It may be in the US but its quite legal in Thailand to charge for using a credit card

Its also legal in the UK and many, if not most parts of the EU

Not illegal, simply in most cases against the contractual agreement between the business and credit card company. The surcharging business is getting over on you and the CC company, in Thailand or anywhere else.

As Soi 7 so helpfully pointed out on another thread, a call to the credit card company will usually sort things. Even if you paid surchage (sometimes easier) and can document it, CC company will refund the surcharge to you.

I've stayed at the Eastinny Place several times, when they try this they write it out at the end of the printed out bill - ask for this and not just your CC receipt. Paying cash for one night and having the room rate documented on a separate receipt does not hurt either.

Maybe they might refund you in the US but not in the UK and EU where surcharges are an accepted way of life, standard practice for some companies and not against any contractual agreement.

I dont know about Thailand but if you asked in the UK for a refund for surcharges paid in Thailand they would laugh at you

No longer illegal in Australia either. Since Jan 1st (or maybe last year, can't remember - change of Government Financial Regulations) providers MAY charge a fee, but the fee charged must be on display before purchase to give you the option of purchase or not with the Card.

Crackpot is correct, it is illegal in the USA, but not in many other parts of the world... It's done at all the Gold Shops in Thailand and they do tell you upfront...

I did have it tried on me , when I bought something on E-Bay and I REFUSED to pay the surcharge.