Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

hi there myself and three others will be staying in the dusit resort in pattaya at the end of july for 2 weeks. i was just wanting to know if anyone as stayed there before and could give comments about how your stay was. eg/ food, service, watersports. thankyou.

I've stayed there a few times and have always been happy with the food and the service. I don't know of any watersports facilities, though there are plenty close by. They're not guest friendly like they used to be, but I never found this to be any more than a minor irritation. I think you'll enjoy your stay.

be seeing you

monkeyman

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply. I have stayed in the Dusit many times. You should be aware that they are doing up the rooms and also working on one of the pools this year. They have more then one pool so it may not impact you.

Food is average. Chines on teh top floor is good but expensive. Italian by the pool I find not very exciting, same menu year after year.

The best part is the Saturday night buffet. I is not cheap but if you can eat you will certainly get your monies worth.

I tend to eat out except for Saturdays. the coffe shop is ok for a quick meal, does European and Thai food and some evenings they have buffets.

On guest friendly I have always found no problem. But have not tested it for a few years as I now have a Thai wife.

aarmitage9

If you go to Hotels, then reviews, then Pattaya, then over 2,000baht you will find 6 more reviews about the Dusit.

Have a great trip.

Sitting writing this at Dusit now. They started the work yesterday so I hardly heard any noise yet. The balcony doors are great but don't know how bad it will get. I'm out of here soon anyway.

It's not the pool this time, it's extension of the gym.

They also do some work at the 7th floor rooms but it doesn't bother us at the 6th floor. As mentioned, food is average cept for the Saturday night buffet. It's huge. Even better than most Bangkok buffets. It's 9xx B ++ but it's worth it once.

Think Dusit is the best deal downtown Pattaya, all in all, if you want to pay a bit extra. I've tried them all now except for Amari and Dusit works for me. You don't even need to talk to the Baht Bus drivers :rolleyes:

SoCalGuy,

I meant that Dusit is on the baht bus route so you just jump on the bus wherever you're going, with the exception of Jomtien. No need to discuss the fare. This has always been half the vacation for me. Out of 10 days now I've only been unlucky once with the baht bus going up Central/Klang instead of straight over the lights. The colour system is working just like everything in Thailand, not (green/yellow/red). Think it means something with Jomtien and Naklua rather than up central or not.

The free bus is also working it seems. They have people on board but don't have a clue where it stops on the round. The only stop I've seen is outside Mike's.

Just had two hours by the pool next to the ongoing work. At the moment they remove grass from behind the wall they put up.

Got some photos but no way to put them out before Tuesday.

Hmm, and it seems like I got roasted today, hmm

On the Baht buses outside Dusit. As recmmended just wave down one of the passing ones. Do not use the ones parkud up opposit the Hotel. Those will want to over charge you.

I usually atrt walking towards the sea and wait for th next paasing Baht bus.

hi stoped there last year really good hotel food pretty good i was going to stop there in june this year but i was told about the work that is going to take place which is new bathrooms for 6th and 7th floor :banghead also doing the bar area in the main pool which is the best pool from the two they have :banghead so decided to try the amari orchard in stead hope this one is ok 1luv

anyway have great time :beer

cheers jeff :beer :beer :beer :beer :lol:

On the Baht buses outside Dusit. As recmmended just wave down one of the passing ones. Do not use the ones parkud up opposit the Hotel. Those will want to over charge you.

I usually atrt walking towards the sea and wait for th next paasing Baht bus.

The best way to catch a baht bus from the Dusit is to go out through the small gate by the swimming pool which brings you out onto Beach Road where it turns left next to the beach.

You'll always pick up a baht bus in a matter of seconds from there. :beer

be seeing you

monkeyman

Monkeyman's spot on there. That's what I used to do when I stayed there. That gate is, however, locked at around 10.00/11.00 so when you return in the evening you have to enter by the main entrance

Alan

I have not ruled out staying at Dusit Resort on my next visit to Pattaya, however I was worried about joiner fees.

I e-mailed Dusit Pattaya asking about fees and this is their reply.

"Thank you for your kind support us at Dusit Resort Pattaya regarding to joiner fees. We would please to inform you that we will charge THB 1,000 net per person per night.(double occupancy surcharge) In this case, if you booked the room with travel agency we recommend you to book a double room then we can waive surcharge."

So it seems as long as you book a double you should not have to pay a joiners fee!

This didn't work for me with Montien so I may just clarify it with the hotel, once I have it in black and white they will be unable to try and charge a joiner fee. One or two of the UK travel agents use the Dusit and offer a good inclusive price.

Rgds

Gus

Check out the prices of single and double occupancy before you decide. It can work out cheaper to go for the single and pay the joiner fee.

be seeing you

monkeyman