Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

'05 airfares

got back recently and started to look for airfares for my next trip.

was surprised not to find anything for jan,feb,mar for less than $1kusd from minneapolis, mn usa to bkk.

normally can find a fare at this time of year for winter fares in the 700-900 range, been looking and everything is $1400usd range.

Northwest is the only 1 stop option out of msp-nrt-bkk, but now that they are using A330 from bkk-nrt instead of 747 almost half the seats and increaced demand = increaded prices.

everything else is 2 stops.

just wondering if anyone else is having problems finding airfares for '05

With the high price of gas, I don't see any bargains in the near future. Best price from Philly to BKK is a little over 1K for January departures. Last year I was paying $700-750.

I fly out of MSP also and lucked out one night while checking on NWA's website. Got a flight leaving in Jan roundtrip to BKK for less than $400. It may have been a mistake on their part I don't know but it is mine now. It was a promo fare MSP-Portland-Nrta-BKK. Return is BKK-Nrt-MSP. The flight from Portland to NRT is also on the new A330. Keep checking they may some promo fares pop up. I did not have to use any frequent flyer miles but I also do not accrue any for this. Your correct though in that the only thing I have seen lately it around $1400. Don't give up as they should be posting some winter specials soon. Good luck.

I see the european flights to LOS coming around the usual price mark, give or take an increase for fuel surcharges over the last 6 months.

Then again, a lot of the US airlines are pretty well fucked bankruptcy way so they may have pulled planes to reduce costs.

Yea, the airlines buy and store fuel ahead like the national oil reserve does, and given the current state of fucked up american airlines and price of oil futures. I will be lucky to get a roundtrip flight for 1200Us $ in January via NWA through MSP

Airlines don't store excessive fuel as the inventory cost is too high. What some, but not all, do is hedge against the future fuel price fluctuations using commodity and financial derivatives.

Simply, if oil is USD30 per barrel and rising, the airline may buy an option to purchase XYZ amount of oil at USD 35 in 6 months time. The cost for that "insurance" may be USD 2 per barrel. So if the price goes up to USD 40 per barrel, the airline is financially compensated above USD 35 per barrel for XYZ number of barrels.

Much more complex structures are used but let us say that you cannot hedge out further than about 2 years accurately and some airlines believe that the cost of hedging is too high.

I audited several of the oil companies. In Northern Ca United owns a major4 tank farm at one of the refineries. Each Tank holding something like 200,000 barrel of jet fuel. But they use alot every day. ch) <grin

The bankruptcy of the airlines is affecting flights from 2nd tier cities. i.e. minneapolis. the airlines are cutting out alot of their feeder flights and no longer subsidizing the cost of the the flights on their feeder airlines. This mean less competition for Northwest ergo higher fares. ch) <grin

I was checking some flights today and found $440 total cost to tokyo, $400 total cost to London, $700 total cost to singapore. All on United from SFO. So it depends alot on your departure city. <grin <grin

got back recently and started to look for airfares for my next trip. was surprised not to find anything for jan,feb,mar for less than $1kusd from minneapolis, mn usa to bkk. normally can find a fare at this time of year for winter fares in the 700-900 range, been looking and everything is $1400usd range.

Well, here are a couple reasons:

1) It's still kinda early. The airlines will gladly accept $1400 for the seat now but will reduce prices later on if they're not selling.

2) It's cold as hell in Minnesota January-March. You know it and the airlines know it. Folks up north probably want to haul ass in the winter for a bit to warm up.

I recommend emailing a consolidator for prices. A decent one out of Chicago is Angel Travel

hi im up in canada and its always hard for me to find a deal to bangkok. But here is what i use online. These sights will quotte you in canadian dollars which is a better deal for the americans since it only costs you 83.5 cents to but 1 canadian dollar .

they have avaialability right now chicago to bangkok and back stopping in tokyo with united for 1289 total inc taxes which is approximately is about $1074 us dollars . If your flying from some other cities than get a quote form them and see.

these are the sights www.flyforless.ca run by a travel agent in alberta

www.tripcentral.ca run by a travel agent in hamilton, ontario

go to the section that states cheap negotiated international fares on trip central and on fly for less i believe its under imternation fares . You can book an eticket or have tickets mailed to you depending on the airline. i hope this helps yes ive heard of people in the USA getting it for 700-900 US i guess you have to catch a seat sale with one of the airlines like . ive seen those seat sales in the past advertised on websites from northwest airlines, united , korean ,american ,japan airlines but they only offer those deals to people in the us so ive never tried to get one.

so far ive been 2 times to thailand

1st year paid a total of 1220 CAD to fly toronto-detroit-LA-tokyo-bangkok and return with northwest airlines

2nd year paid a total of 1475 to fly with air canada toronto-tokyo-bangkok and return

This will be my 3rd and o paid a total of 1320 to fly with united toronto-chicago-bangkok and return leaving march 28,2005

the other 2 trips left in april 2003 and april 2004

hope that helps somebody

I can fly Philly to BKK on Air Canada for $915USD return. This includes all taxes. I got this price off of Travelocity less then 5 minutes ago.

Just noticed that NWA has dropped the prices on some of their flights from Minnepaolis in Jan/Feb. They were running around $1400 and they now can be had for around $960.00. Not real low but a little bit better. Use the NWA website as they seem to be cheaper than the other travel sites.

Just noticed that NWA has dropped the prices on some of their flights from Minnepaolis in Jan/Feb. They were running around $1400 and they now can be had for around $960.00. Not real low but a little bit better. Use the NWA website as they seem to be cheaper than the other travel sites.

thanks,

i seen that and it's 19-27; 28-20 which makes it nice, looked at the seat availablity and it;s wide open, even 27-28 which is now an A330 instead of 747-400, should book right now and be happy but i'll probably wait till after thanksgiving and see if they get back to the $700-850 range

cheers

I just bought my tickets on EVA Evergreen Deluxe, SEA-BKK. Best price I could get was $1060 ($1200 after all the airport taxes). Up a little from last year when I paid just over $960 ($1050 after after taxes).

i'll probably wait till after thanksgiving and see if they get back to the $700-850 range

cheers

That’s probably a good Idea. I'm a newbie and am in the beginning stages of planning my first trip up to LOS. If anything is keeping me from making an official date now is the air ticket price. the cheapest I was able to find right now was a 1377 from Houston to Chicago, then finally to bkk.

I was fooling around with a new feature on uniteds webpage and selected flexible dates. It came back with a fare of $296 including taxes for a SFO to sinapore flight in January. From sin to bkk is a quick trip for about 2k or 3k baht each way. So there are still some deals out there. Locked in a good ff milage trip at the last moment so I am wheels up in 24 hrs. :lol: :D

:eyecrazy Bought my ticket for January at Unique Travel in Sacramento for $703 Sacramento to Bangkok on EVA .Bought another ticket for a friend a couple of days ago for $930 same flight .Arranged another friend and his wife plus his sister from Sacto to Phuket at $850 for 2 and another for $950 (all tikets include taxes).Cathay Pacific priced themselves way to high this season- $1400 :D .

The Dude. :unsure: