Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I have decided rightly or wrongly to cancel my booking at the sandy spring in January due to cocerns about noisy construction work on soi 13.

Now I am booked into the RG, just would like a little advice regarding this hotel from my fellow boardies, firstly, how much of a inconvenience is it that this place is a little bit out of town? do the baht buses that pass the door go directly along second road? I understand that there are signs in the room saying that no guest after 11pm, is that enforced? and is there a problem getting back from say soi 8 because most of the buses do the beach rd second rd circle?

Absolutely no guest problems at residence garden.

Baht buses go all the way to 2nd road and then either to Naklua or turn around and go South on Beach Road.

About out of town: Really depends how you see it. FLB is nearer (walking distance) to Residence Garden than to Soi 13, I will say.

Only slight problem is that you might have to change baht buses on the way back from Beach Road Sois 2-13, as most of them go Beach Road South, and then 2nd Road North. You will probably have to change Buses (and pay again) at the South Pattaya Road / 2nd Road Crossing.

Hope that helps!

Sunny

Guest Winston_Churchill

late night i always cut through from walking st to the v.c hotel get a moving baht bus no plomplem.ive had 4 all night in the room no plomplem,

RG isn't far. We're talking a couple of hunders yards to a side enterence to Walking Street. You'll be amazed at how close it is and how quiet it is and there are constant baht busses. I was concerned with that when I booked it but it turned out to be really convenient. I walked as often as I took a B-Bus.

I never say a 'no visitirs' sign in the room and can't imagine it happening there. The suites are nice.

While I like the RG, the location is inconvenient, especially if you prefer to walk. Baht buses frequently pass by the hotel's entrance. It's a snap catching a baht bus to Jomtien, but, as panasonic noted, sometimes the buses en route from Jomtien to 2d Road are full. Also, you may have to wait several minutes at 2d Road for a Jomtien-bound bus to fill up with passengers before it departs.

If you're annoyed by noise, be advised that the RG's main pool is adjacent to the busy Jomtien road and there's plenty of noise from traffic. There's another pool behind one of RG's two buildings, but Mermaid Divers frequently uses it for training new scuba divers.

RG's written rules are contained in a book present in every suite. The rules state: "Guests: Are not allowed in the suites after 11 PM. Joiner fee: Your 1-bedroom suite is good for 2 persons, and 2-bedroom suites are good for 4 persons. Unless otherwise agreed with management." These rules are apparently not enforced as no RG employee ever checked any of my TGs' ID, let alone objected to them going to my room.

even though I never use them there are motor bike taxis across the street from the RG is an alternative if the baht busses are full but durring peak hours they go by almost every minute.The RG is very girl friendly you can bring 2-3 girls up to your room with out any extra charge . but if you have a steady girl watch out for house keeping ,they will talk to your girl and try to get you in trouble( the house keeper asked my girl if she was the same 1 from this morning) :cussing

I stayed in the Residence Garden last May and enjoyed it. No problem with 2 girls - we even hung out at the pool all afternoon a couple of times and never got an evil look or comment - just good service.

November I decided to try 'the other end of town' and stayed at the Intown Holiday and while it is less then half the price and in walking distance of damn near everything, it was pretty sparce and barren and threadbare in comparison to the RG!

I've booked a room in the RG for two weeks in January. The luxury and service are to my mind, well worth the price.

I found the Baht Bus system to be a little annoying, but no a major problem. It was the assignment of the TG I was with to get us a Baht Bus and she never had any big problems doing that. So it really isn't anything to worry about...

If I was at Soi 8 {I hung out at Soi 9}, I would go down Beach Road to Walking St and cut through at the Diamond Beach Hotel to get a Baht Bus back to the RG

As far as noise, I'd say "what noise"..? Close the sliding glass doors and I slept like a baby. I would also turn the AC on, in the other room and leave the bedroom AC off. Most TG's don't like it blowing on them anyway and by doing this I was very comfortable, myself.

Pools are very nice, rooms are very clean, service is very good and the buffett at Captians Corner is unbelievable.

Regarding the RG, I always think about the sofa in the living room that is dipicted in so many of the photos. I picture myself with a handi-wipe and cleaner scrubbing it down before I use it. I suspect that the maids rarely clean it after some of the interesting activities that take place there over the years with all the TGs.

Regards

I've just come back from a stay at the RG and couldn't fault the place. Good service, friendly staff and the girls really like the rooms. Didn't really have any problems with transport to or from there other than the initial taxi from the airport when I arrived, getting from U-Tapao to the RG took over 2 hours by the time the driver found the place but at least I got a tour of Pattaya out of it :eyecrazy

I have decided rightly or wrongly to cancel my booking at the sandy spring in January due to cocerns about noisy construction work on soi 13.

Now I am booked into the RG, just would like a little advice regarding this hotel from my fellow boardies, firstly, how much of a inconvenience is it that this place is a little bit out of town? do the baht buses that pass the door go directly along second road? I understand that there are signs in the room saying that no guest after 11pm, is that enforced? and is there a problem getting back from say soi 8 because most of the buses do the beach rd second rd circle?

I tried to book 2 suites for January the 7th but recieved an e mail telling me that it's fully booked.

I am one of the big Residence Garden fans on here, and would definitely recommend it. The fact is that RG is not WAY too far from Walking Street at all, and IF it isn't oppressively humid, then the walk isn't too bad. Otherwise, you can easily get a baht bus, but at night it may be just as easy to get a motorbike driver to run you back for 20 baht per... I have done that on many occasions and never had much of a problem.

Am I right in thinking that the TV and bed are in different rooms (thus preventing my TG from watching it from bed), that could prove troublesome considering most of them love their telly, don`t want to be laid in bed with a hard on while she is in a different room watching it

Last year, there was only a TV in the living room. Now, there are two TVs in each suite, one in the living room and one in the bedroom. Unfortunately, both times I stayed at the RG, the refrigerator was only a standard minibar, not the larger version shown in their ad.

Last year, there was only a TV in the living room. Now, there are two TVs in each suite, one in the living room and one in the bedroom. Unfortunately, both times I stayed at the RG, the refrigerator was only a standard minibar, not the larger version shown in their ad.

I have stayed on both the 2nd and 6th floors, and both times had 2 TVs and a full-size refrigerator... might be luck of the draw though?

Originally posted by randolpho2:

I have stayed on both the 2nd and 6th floors, and both times had 2 TVs and a full-size refrigerator... might be luck of the draw though?

Congratulations on your good fortune. I stayed on the 5th floor last December (with one TV) and in suite #204 last month (with two TVs). Both suites had a regular size minibar, not a full-size refrigerator or the three-quarter size one pictured in RG's ad. I specifically asked for a larger refrigerator when I made my reservation. When I inquired at the front desk why there was only a minibar vs. the larger refrigerator in their ad, I might as well have been speaking Martian.

When I checked in, the tiny freezer compartment was a solid block of ice with no ice tray. I pointed this out to the maid and tipped her to take care of the problem. Returning a few hours later, I discovered she simply unplugged the minibar. Since I was unwilling to go without a refrigerator for a couple days, I boiled water and used it to thaw out the compartment in a few minutes.

I generally like the RG, but I want prospective guests to be aware of what they might encounter.

Originally posted by randolpho2:

Congratulations on your good fortune. I stayed on the 5th floor last December (with one TV) and in suite #204 last month (with two TVs). Both suites had a regular size minibar, not a full-size refrigerator or the three-quarter size one pictured in RG's ad. I specifically asked for a larger refrigerator when I made my reservation. When I inquired at the front desk why there was only a minibar vs. the larger refrigerator in their ad, I might as well have been speaking Martian.

When I checked in, the tiny freezer compartment was a solid block of ice with no ice tray. I pointed this out to the maid and tipped her to take care of the problem. Returning a few hours later, I discovered she simply unplugged the minibar. Since I was unwilling to go without a refrigerator for a couple days, I boiled water and used it to thaw out the compartment in a few minutes.

I generally like the RG, but I want prospective guests to be aware of what they might encounter.

I guess it was good luck, but I should be more specific... it was a 3/4 size refrigerator... not your typical full-size home refrigerator. I was thinking full-size in relation to a normal minibar. And you were one room away, I was in #203, where my 3/4 was... I'd have let you borrow part of it!

I'm another RG fan. Both of my Pattaya trips this year were spent at the RG and I don't forsee myself changing. Absolutely no problem with guests, provided you don't make a spectacle of yourself, I imagine. My very regular guest and I have breakfast by the front pool each morning, and she's treated every bit as well as I am. Better, maybe, since she speaks Thai and I know about 6 words at best!

The only downside I've ever experienced is that the AC can be a bit noisy if you're running it at night. However, foam earplugs and a tab of Tylenol PM solves that problem. :(