Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Hi.. I will soon be arriving in Bangkok

Usually I come alone... so no problem picking a hotel.

However, this time I will be meeting a GF who is NOT into the bar scene.

Any recommended hotels on Sukomvitt (to be near sky train). It seems most places are very expensive or not very nice. I searched the reviews but that did not help.

For budget.. how about 2000 - 3000 thb range. Something nice but not too expensive. I dont care about pool or other things. Just one nice double bed!

Any thoughts?

thanks

soon? Low season, high season or "peak season". (makes a difference..up to triple)! From what little crap i know from reading these boards, I suggest majestic suites. if price is of little concern, check this out...http://www.ghotw.com/hotel/rates/mandarin-oriental.htm

i think the price is somewhere around $500 USD per night.

Hi

Grand Inn is near Nana skytrain. Small hotel, big rooms good A/C etc and when I stayed there the only Thai lady residents I saw was the ones with me. That's why I like Nana Hotel. B) but think Grand Inn more suitable to your situation. On Soi 3 North Nana Tel: 254- 9021-7 costs around 1500 bath.

The Grand inn or the Majestic ,

As your GF is not into the bar scene ,

why do you need to stay on the Sukomvit ?

there are hotels in all areas that are in close proximity to the sky train ,

the Siam area springs to mind ,

Joe

For your budget and your requirement, a suite/room in a service apartment in Sukumvit is your best bet.

Comparing to a hotel, a service apartment has relatively lower number of staff and less amenites, however there is a trade off that there is a lot more space inside the suite/room and may include a little cooking facilities ( useful for your tilac to pamper you to the max ), i.e you get a bigger room.

Yoiu can check out these websites for Royal President on Sukhumvit soi 15 and Grand President on Sukhumvit soi 11.

www.royalpresident.com

www.grandpresident.com

I stayed in both before. Both are within walking distance to the skytrain. And yes, the bed is fine in both palces. Even though they allow overnight guests, they don't project an image of sanuker residence like Nana Hotel or Dynasty Inn.

In my opinion, Royal President is marginally better. Some people have an issue about extra charge in credit card payment . Well, just pay cash and no more fuss.

If you want to keep her away from the P4P scene but still be close to MBK and the Sky-Train then you want to stay at the Twin Towers Hotel. Excellent hotel with pool, shopping arcade and restaurants. I've stayed there three times, once with my family and I highly recommend it.

Suites in Grand President or the Novotel Lotus are ok for your purpose and within your budget. Maybe you also might want to consider Swiss Grottino (do a search on this forum and/or look it up in the Hotel reviews.) Great small hotel with excellent rooms for 1700 a night.

Sunny

Hi..

thanks for the ideas... I will look into some of those hotels.

I guess I do not need to stay near sukhumvit... just that I am used to that area! But.. I do want to stay away from the P4P areas.

Thanks again!

I stayed at the Tia Pan Soi 23 (Soi Cowboy) a few weewks ago

about 100m from Asok station & subway, nice hotel, pool & jym on 5th floor nice rooms very clean great location