Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Although ive used the foodcarts the Tg I was with always ordered the food. Although I obviously paid, I cant remember how much. Can anyone tell me how much the food is? Do they charge per skewer. How much is the rice and the salad. And what is the powder they sprinkle over them while they cook. I nearly choked on one that was too hot. The Tg I was with couldnt speak much english so couldnt explain what was so spicy, but another one I told about it the next day, said it was probably the green veg type thing on the skewer and not the powder that was so hot.

I think the price was per skewer=20b each.

Also, Most street food stalls I went to at nite for plate of rice or bowl of noodles were anywhere from 20-40b (but never over 40b unless you wanted something extra on the plate) from what I remember last year.

PT

last time i was there in nov last year i didnt pay more than 40bt and i usually had about 5 sticks of pork or chicken and a couple of bags of sticky rice. that was around soi 7 area. gotta say it was really good and never had a dicky stomach afterwards.

The best places to buy the snap from is the carts that are NOT on the main runway of falangs the ones down a side street are often the best and cheapest. Buy on Walking Street and you will be charged four times what you will get charged in one of the sois' just off WSt :cry1

Just another bit if you want the food NON spicy ask for "my pet kap" it means "spicy not politely"

Edited by mgc
You guys are really getting taken. Moo ping (roast pork on a stick) is 5B per stick on

Soi Post office .Sticky rice is another 5B.

poskat is right, 5 baht for everything.

mai peht (my pet) > not hot

prik mai tongkarn > I dont want pepper

ting_tong

poskat is right, 5 baht for everything.

Apart from those big sausage about 6" long and 1" wide they are 10baht and bloody nice with a bit of spicy sweet and sour sauce :cry1

I don't know, it may follow the high season low season. When I was there in Jan-Feb Chicken on a stick was 10 B but I may have gotten ripped off. Oh well, can you really be upset over a possible 5 B rip off? :ang2

Ive always been charged 10 baht for chicken, beef or pork on a skewer and 5 baht for rice. I think this is the going rate.

BTW wannabeexpat!!!!!!!!

Those green veggie things that you mentioned that are on one end of the skewer are called CHILLIS......!!! :rolleyes:

:clueless

And the powder they sprinkle on is called PEPPER!!

:lol:

Yeah Farman a paintbrush of 'butter' on the sticky rice and dash of pepper,awesome,licking my lips at the thought of it!!!Must say i'm partial to those Hotdogs on a stick too(especially when bladdered on the way back to the room with the Tilac!).There's always an old boy outside my hotel with a cart so i don't have to stagger too far lol!!!

Hi All I was in Pattaya this February and I generally paid 10bht a stick,except once on Walking Street 20bht! thanks for the price indicators and thanks also to mgc and tingtong for mai peht(not spicy).Should save me burning my mouth on next trip!

Cheers

Those green veggie things that you mentioned that are on one end of the skewer are called CHILLIS......!!! :

Didnt look like a chilli or I wouldnt have eaten it. It was more white with a hint of green. Never mind , I wont risk eating 1 again.

Thanks everyone for the info.

Didnt look like a chilli or I wouldnt have eaten it. It was more white with a hint of green. Never mind , I wont risk eating 1 again.

Thanks everyone for the info.

That sounds like not quite a fully ripe chillie and its the little black seeds that are the worst part of the chillie :chogdee2

I actually tried a bag of fried grasshoppers (well, BG had the bag and fed me some). Really had little taste as I recall. But, I remember seeing the occasional food cart with BUGS or INSECTS being cooked/sold. Does anyone actually order this stuff? :chogdee2

I think the price was per skewer=20b each.

Also, Most street food stalls I went to at nite for plate of rice or bowl of noodles were anywhere from 20-40b (but never over 40b unless you wanted something extra on the plate) from what I remember last year.

PT

Sorry, correction.

10b/stick was the price as I now remember I had ordered 2 sticks and not 1. And it was during high season in Nov 2005

PT

I actually tried a bag of fried grasshoppers (well, BG had the bag and fed me some). Really had little taste as I recall. But, I remember seeing the occasional food cart with BUGS or INSECTS being cooked/sold. Does anyone actually order this stuff? :D

Before Nui 2 closed down the side street off Walking St I used to have a regular order of food off the vendors just outside200 baht for a right mixture for the girls in Nui whenever I went there. I dont know what the local price paid is by the girls is but I do know they get one hell of a lot for 200 baht plenty for about fifteen people. therte used to be barbq everything, bugs, sticky rice and kanom. Since Nui closed that gogo the vendors have moved on, shame.

If you don't want your food hot and spicey ask for it "mai pet" (Not spicey). :chogdee2  :thumbup  :grin-jump  :grin-jump

I dont mind food "pet " that's "pet aroy" but the food that the girls had was "pet mar" :rolleyes:

Edited by mgc