Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Just wanted to share my experience with RB. bought a 3 month ticket for $807 return, inc taxes. Had to change flight to one week later, no problem. flight left BKk on time, arrived Brunei 25 mins early. Cabin attendents were great, service really good. two hour stop-over in bruni and left on time again. Only about 25% full so plenty of room to stretch out. once again, cabin service first class, meals good and in-flight screens on seats were terrific. Seen some negative stuff on RB on a couple of boards to wanted to post my positive experience. will use them again.

Sorry, forgot to say that the flight was to Brisbane, Queensland

whats to do at brunei airport for a couple of hours?

Absolutely Sweet F*ck All. Brunei's airport has almost no amenities. I suggest bringing a book, video game or Valium.

Come to mention it I'm flying to Bangkok in Dec on Royal Brunei!!! Never been to the airport but are you guys telling me no bar at the airport?????

If so I suppose me and the mrs will have to entertain ourselves in the loos.

Mate of mine told me you could take your own alcohol with you but they just won't serve it to U, sounds fair too me.

Kev

Wombat: being the experienced person you are, what no bar at airport???????

Edited by Kev

Kev,

There is no bar at the airport. Brunei is a Muslim country. Drinking alcohol in public should be avoided. If you have a container other than the bottle or can your alcohol came in, I would suggest you use it. Can buy any type of mixer, water, Coke, Sprite, 100 Plus etc. Mix yourself a drink discreetly. Same on the airplanes. Don't be overt about it and it can be an enjoyable trip. I made about 65 trips through the Bandar Seri Begawan Airport over a 2.5 year period.

Edited by Sammy

Hey Biggles!!!! I live in Brisbane too!!!!

always wondered about RB, good to hear its good for you.... sounds really cheap, I have lots free Thai flyer points, but wanna try RB sooner or later, when do you go back to Patts next???????

regards, Charlie Foreest Lake, Brissie

no bar at airport?

being a muslim country and owned/ruled by the one family i would have to hazzard a guess that she would be a dry old watering hole.

how many hours bris...brunei,

how many hours brunei...bkk?

is there any surf in brunei?

Cheers Sammy thanks for the tip, will make sure I have discreet bottle handy.

Decided to use RB because at xmas time Thai wanted about $1600 return, whereas RB were only $770 return. Bargin just for 1hr50mins in Brunei.

Hey Wombat don't know how far Bris to Brunei (I come from the better side of OZ) :unsure: is but the secong leg of the trip is only 1hr 50 mins as well.

Kev

Cheers Sammy thanks for the tip, will make sure I have discreet bottle handy.

Decided to use RB because at xmas time Thai wanted about $1600 return, whereas RB were only $770 return. Bargin just for 1hr50mins in Brunei.

Hey Wombat don't know how far Bris to Brunei (I come from the better side of OZ) :beer is but the secong leg of the trip is only 1hr 50 mins as well.

Kev

Good question wombat any surf in brunei.my brother came his 1 st trip by RB and said it was great for the price.