Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Stereo Lounge Anyone tried this place?

Incase Mark doesn't see this......

You might PM OnMyWay about his experiences there. Don't recall they were real positive. Or do a search better yet of Stereo...in the last six months or so..?

~Sa-teef

• 1 year later...

Here is that review:

Hi guys.

The Stereo is sited at Soi Buakhao/Lk metro.

It´s own by two great guys from England, named Andy and Keith.

The bar is great with free pool,and a set of lovley girls( witch i never tryed btw)

The room i stayed in was there biggest one (exept for the suite that cost about 22000 thb/Mounth)

My room was 42 m2,with fridge,micro,waterboiler ,tv with dvd and inroom safe.

The bed was great,that i know about 15 girls/lb who can garanti smile.gif

The balcony by my room had a wiew towards Lk Metro.

I payd 13 000 thb/Mounth, and then the electric was on top of that.

I can only say one downside about my stay there,and that was that the guys had trubble with the wifi,but that is sorted by now:)

So,i will most probably book my next stay at the same place.

The Email to Stereo is: www.stereopattaya@gmail.com

Keep up the good work,Andy and Keith.

Regards:Matrix

Hi, after reading the review by matrix on addicts i quite fancied staying there also, i sent a booking request through their website and got no reply, i then gave them a PM as they are members of addicts, also no reply, i was very disappointed but as i like the think the best of people i'm hoping it's just a technical problem, coupled with the fact he doesn't read his PMs. Anyway i pressed on looking for an alternative and tried the Jasmine Hotel Soi BJ off Walking Street, they have an automated booking system and you get an immediate reply, very professional i thought, so i'm now fixed up and we'll see how it goes.

Hi, after reading the review by matrix on addicts i quite fancied staying there also, i sent a booking request through their website and got no reply, i then gave them a PM as they are members of addicts, also no reply, i was very disappointed but as i like the think the best of people i'm hoping it's just a technical problem, coupled with the fact he doesn't read his PMs. Anyway i pressed on looking for an alternative and tried the Jasmine Hotel Soi BJ off Walking Street, they have an automated booking system and you get an immediate reply, very professional i thought, so i'm now fixed up and we'll see how it goes.

I am quite sure that it most be some technical problems, becourse these guys are very nice,and when i was staying there they where very helpful in all ways.

Try the e-mail adresse from matrix post...I used it and keith replied pretty fast.

Jesper.

Try the e-mail adresse from matrix post...I used it and keith replied pretty fast.

Jesper.

Thanks jesper i'll bear that in mind for another time but i'm fixed up now at jasmine, maybe i'll pop over during my trip and check the place out.

Not actually stayed there, but have been in for a drink on a couple of occasions. Once on barcrawl and once to the co-owners girlfriends birthday (a friend of my live-in). Have to say that on both occasions I wasn't particularly impressed.

Service was slow and the girls indifferent, not a place I would think of returning to.

As mentioned above, you have the Jasmine ... by all reports a 'decent' place. I know a couple of people who have stayed here and all recommended it. Only negative is that some of the rooms are pretty small.

But you also have, just around the corner on Soi LK Metro, The Metro Apartments. An excellent place, in my opinion and many others that I know have stayed there, owned by Dennis.

Rooms are pretty big at a reasonable cost. There's free Wifi, 3 well kept pool tables (again free) and full air con in the large bar area. The girls are friendly and fun too.

You've also got the Rockhouse a little further into LK Metro too.

All three are better alternatives i'd say.

Not actually stayed there, but have been in for a drink on a couple of occasions. Once on barcrawl and once to the co-owners girlfriends birthday (a friend of my live-in). Have to say that on both occasions I wasn't particularly impressed.

Service was slow and the girls indifferent, not a place I would think of returning to.

As mentioned above, you have the Jasmine ... by all reports a 'decent' place. I know a couple of people who have stayed here and all recommended it. Only negative is that some of the rooms are pretty small.

But you also have, just around the corner on Soi LK Metro, The Metro Apartments. An excellent place, in my opinion and many others that I know have stayed there, owned by Dennis.

Rooms are pretty big at a reasonable cost. There's free Wifi, 3 well kept pool tables (again free) and full air con in the large bar area. The girls are friendly and fun too.

You've also got the Rockhouse a little further into LK Metro too.

All three are better alternatives i'd say.

I guess we all have different opinions on the places we stay..I have stayed at Jasmine mansion and was not impressed....Agree metro-Apartments is a top place to stay.

Jesper

I'm thinking of staying here too. I did a search and didn't find anything. Anybody stayed here?

I guess I had the wrong forum, sorry.

And I'm not about to do a direct link to another forum> :rolleyes:

But OnMyWay had rented a room there for two months in the fall of 2006 and left early.

His review is posted on that other forum that begins with the letter "S".

~Sa-teef