Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Metro Apartments

No exp.of the guest house itself,but as the site says its a newish Soi.

Lots of new bars and guest houses,its very close to Soi Diana and Soi Buakhao,where you can get a Bhat bus to Walking st easily.

My favorite eating hole 1 min.away...Robins nest who also has new rooms above.

Let me know if you have any specific Q's about the area.

Sateeeeb :beer

Thanks guys. I'm just trying to find a place to stay for a month or so until I can look around and figure out something more long term. Of course, I'm still looking at Phuket, but most of the places I've contacted there aren't too good at answering their emails.

Rex

I stayed there in May/June and had no problems at all.

It is in a newer building, clean and well looked after. Housekeeping service daily. Clean sheets and towels. Minibar. In room safe. TV and DVD player in room. Large wardrobe. Kettle for making coffee or tea. The corner room that I stayed in on the top floor (Rm #10) had a good sized wraparound balcony as well. In room WIFI for those that bring their laptops.

In the lobby they have a decent bar (w/BGs), a large screen TV and 4 well looked after pool tables. There is also a free internet computer in the lobby that guests can use. There are frequently a few FLs hanging around as well.

The location is fine just around the corner is Lolita's, Champagne AGG and Lloydies bar. There are plenty of cheap places to eat nearby and many beer bars on Soi Buakhaow and Soi Diana. Most services are also available within a couple of minutes walk and it only takes about 10-15 minutes to walk to Soi 8 depending on how quickly you walk. On Soi Buakhaow you can also catch a baht bus going in either direction and you will end up on either end of 2nd road.

Since I left there they have changed ownership and Ian & Aor no longer run the place, Dennis the new owner seems to be an OK guy and I have chatted briefly with him on another board. As far as I know he is not planning any major changes but he is willing to listen to his customers.

The one drawback that many people have with the apartments is that the electricity goes out when you remove the key card from the plate and then you are unable to charge phones or laptop batteries and you cannot leave the AC on when you go out. The old policy was that if you cut the card off of the keychain then you forfeited your 1000 bt damage deposit. I do not know if Dennis still has this policy in effect or not.

I'll take a look through my pics and post some for you. :D

Edited by Braveheart

take a look at F&B hotel, its quiet, and in the center of town, right next to tops.

I also did many 1 month to 3 month stays at baybreeze.

if you are doing a long stay, check out srithong place on central road, opposite restaurant Lengkee, its new, clean and was only 8000 baht for a 4 month contract.

I am lucky now, my shack in issan is only 3000 baht a month, but it has the squat toilet and cold water

I'll second what braveheart wrote and say i stayed there in june for 2 weeks (450 baht a night) and love it so much booked up again for xmas (700 baht a night

) for 2 weeks.As for the key issue yes it's a bit of a pain but then your getting a room in my opinion cheap plus i drop the key once and broke the plate thought i was going to lose my 1000 baht deposit,but NO,explain what happen and they just put another plate on.WELL WORTH IT

Edited by weldermike

Thakns again everyone. I suppose the main thing I was worried about was whether there were places to eat in the immediate vicinity, whether there were laundries nearby, and whether I could easily get a baht bus.

Rex

There are several other similar guest houses on the same soi. All only a couple years old and they look very similar from the outside. I walked around the area this May and picked up business cards from a few of the spots, but of course I can't find them now.

700 baht sounds like a very good price for the high season. How does staying in one of these newer guest houses compare with staying at, well say the Areca Lodge that is around the corner?

No pool. No breeakfast. No elevator (lift).

Any other negatives? The guest house price is lower, but are there any other advantages over a hotel?

Soi LK Metro is basicly a long two blocks long with a 90 degree turn in the middle. It runs between Soi Diana Inn and Soi Bhuakow. You are surrounded by good, reasonably priced restaurants on adjoining streets and there must be 3-4 places on that street as well that serve food. Bars are everywhere, with two ago-gos and lolitas also on the street.

I stayed at Keerati Home Stay at the Soi Diana Inn end of the street for the month of June:

G0338.JPG

I never had any issues with noice to be honest with you?

I stopped several times at Metro the last ten days of April when I was in town and tried to look at a room, but they were always booked solid. I guess that might say something about the place as well?

~Sa-teef

I also stayed at Keerati Home Stay opposite Chamagne agogo took a lady from there after seeing a recommendation for her on another forum number 72 her names is Ja. Had the best night of my trip unfortunately it was my last night or I would have kept her for a while still she stayed with me till my taxi came and made sure I went home happy in fact the taxi had to wait she sure loves sex cant seem to get enough

Does the Keerati Home Stay have a website so that I can check them out? It is located in the general area that I plan on staying on my next trip to Pattaya. :D I plan on trying the LK Metro but if it is booked I'd like to have other place as backups. :D

I originally posted this on another site. Here it is for you to take a lok at here:

These apartments are on Soi LK Metro and just a stones throw from Lolitas. Transportation is at the corner, 7-11, family mart, internet cafes, laundry, etc surround the apartments. I really like the location and have stayed in Soi Baukhow quite a bit on my last visits.

I chose Metro Apartments when the owner, Ian, did a post on here saying he now has WIFI in the rooms. Well, he sure does and I'm using it to write this review. Nice bar on the bottom level with free pool tables and the rooms/hallways are all clean. Room rate is 12,000B monthly and includes daily cleaning and utilities. I think the weekly room rate is 550B a night, daily is 600B. Rooms have a 19" TV, DVD player and a fridge. For long stays a 19" TV is just too small for my personal taste.

Here's some pics of the Metro Room I have (#3) which is front of building on the 2nd level:

May_06_010_Small_.jpg

May_06_011_Small_.jpg

May_06_012_Small_.jpg

The Hog Nam: (there is no electrical plug for shaver's etc.)

May_06_015_Small_.jpg

Bar Downstairs:

May_06_029_Small_.jpg

May_06_033_Small_.jpg

May_06_037_Small_.jpg

Safe boxes are next to the bar and uses the typical "two key" type of system. They are housed in this box and there's safe box for each individual guest room.

May_06_031_Small_.jpg

Seating outside the bar is comfortable and WIFI is in the bar area also. If you don't have a laptop, the bar has a computer for customers use.

May_06_036_Small_.jpg

Overall I like the hotel and seems a good place to stay. BUT, and this is a big BUT for me. Maybe it's of no importance to you. The electrical is on a key controlled system and it shuts off everything in the room. If you are not in your room, you can't charge electrical appliances. Example: I leave my laptop on because the room has WIFI, you leave the room, remove the key and all electrical goes off. Battery on your laptop goes dead and when you want to log back on you have to imput the code for the secured network, etc. A pain IMHO.

Also, if you have spare batteries for your camera you'll need to be in the room while those are charging. Need to charge your shaver, again....stay in the room because when you remove the key the electric is off. For me, it's a deal breaker. I know it's a cost cutting measure but it just doesn't work for me. Hopefully for you, it's a nill issue because the rooms really are a decent value.

The owner knows it's an issue and has gone through the efforts to remind people about the policy.

May_06_028_Small_.jpg

May_06_027_Small_.jpg

Street scene and contact info:

May_06_034_Small_.jpg

Cheers,

Mark

My understanding is that since I did that review 2 months ago each room has a safe and the electrical outlets now stay on even whenthe key tag is taken out. Also, It's been sold and under new ownership.

Does the Keerati Home Stay have a website so that I can check them out? :D From the picture it seems like a very nice place. :rolleyes: It is located in the general area that I plan on staying on my next trip to Pattaya. :clap2 I plan on trying the LK Metro but if it is booked I'd like to have other place as backups. :unsure:

I have the Keerati Home Stay business card here.

It's from July 2005. There's no website on it but they may well have one now.

Drop them a line keerati_home@hotmail.com or give them a call +66 3841 6234

I took some photos of the room I stayed in if you want I'll post them here.

Very nice room. Would recommend it.

PM me if you want the pics posted.

Please post the pics. What was the room rate there?

Mark,

For awhile there I thought you had moved. Regarding the electrical shut off when key is removed don't the hotels that have this system have refrigerators that stay on when the key is removed. If so couldn't you purchase an extension cord with outlets to plug in your laptop and rechargers?

Regarding the Keerati, when we checked out this place awhile back we were told that if you stay there you have access to the nearby LK Metrople's pool and gym as they were owned by the same family.

Thanks Papillion! :bhappy I've noted that information on Keerati Home Stay and will try e-mailing them to see if they have a website. :bhappy

I took a look at this place the other day and it really was nice. The rooms are large, the internet is a great option and the people seem nice enough. At the time I stopped by there was a party down the street so the noise level was very high, but I've driven by before and it's normally pretty quiet. The only complaint that I've gotten from my Buddys is the location, it's too close to Lolitas. They don't want to be found out by their regulars!

• 3 weeks later...
its at the noisy soi lk metro, the place is 1 1/2 years old.

tile steps to go upstairs, so you will hear highheels on tiles all night. I looked and it was not too bad for the price.

I was thinking of booking this place for my next visit.

Can somebody tell me if noise is a problem in the rooms, especially if you get a room on a lower floor?

I was thinking of booking this place for my next visit.

Can somebody tell me if noise is a problem in the rooms, especially if you get a room on a lower floor?

Welcome to the board. I can't say what the noise levels are like on the lower floors but I had no problems on the top floor when I stayed there for 2 weeks in May/Jun. Mind you I did most of my sleeping between 5AM and 2PM and don't know what the evening noise levels are like because I was never around. :eyecrazy

Welcome to the board. I can't say what the noise levels are like on the lower floors but I had no problems on the top floor when I stayed there for 2 weeks in May/Jun. Mind you I did most of my sleeping between 5AM and 2PM and don't know what the evening noise levels are like because I was never around. :D

Thanks Braveheart for the Welcome

• 3 weeks later...

There are some nice places on Sok LK Metro, but remember that Soi Diana must be traversed to get there from 2nd road. It is one of the narrowest Sois in town and allows 2-way traffic. If you have a bike, no problem, but if you like to walk and catch the baht bus on 2nd road, it is like walking thru a motocross derby! The fumes from all the motorcycles can be a bit much too.