Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Who Would Win in a Fight

Whos Tougher  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My vote goes to an Australian Football Player,they look like very tough allround sportsmen to me.

Yes, great all round sportsman, but they fight like windmills.

I have played both games.

sabang

If the question was who is tougher, I'd have to vote for the rugby players hands-down. But if it's who would win in a fight I have to go with American pro football players. They are so big, so strong and so fast that it's hard to imagine them losing a fight with anyone but a pro boxer or exceptional martial artist. I've stood next to some of these guys and even in their street clothes they're mountains. Even today's running backs are as big the linemen were 20 years ago. And the linebackers today? Forget it. Six-foot five, 260+ pounds, run the 40 in 4.4 and bench press as much as 500 pounds.

Not Aussie Rules as unfortuantley our game has gone from a game played by men to a game played by

extremely fast boys and dictated by the wowsers who want someone hanged anytime anything remotley physical happens.

I voted for rugby as some of the big boys playing that still let a few haymakers go although some of those

150kg blockers in Gridiron would take a bit of knocking out.

If you look at Pride fighting, UFC, and the other mixed martial arts fighting bodies, they are full of ex-footbal (American) players. Please name one top fighter that is an ex rugby or Aussie rules player that is actually fighting... ...and making a living from it.

:D

I guess it depend on the individual? There background in fighting, but just bye looks, I'd have to say American football player. Offensive & Defensive Lineman can weigh around 330lbs. & height 6 feet 7 inches. that to me would be more intimidating? How about Ultimate Fighting individuals?

"THE GAME"

Rugby League = Hard Bastards

Rugby Union =Tough as nails Gentlemen

Aussie Rules = Very super fit athelete's some can rough it,

NFL footballer = Big but only fit for WWF wrestling.

so the rugger buggers win it.

monsterman

Edited by monsterman
I guess it depend on the individual? There background in fighting, but just bye looks, I'd have to say American football player. Offensive & Defensive Lineman can weigh around 330lbs. & height 6 feet 7 inches. that to me would be more intimidating? How about Ultimate Fighting individuals?

"THE GAME"

I would not question the physical prowess of these athlete's.

But we are talking about tough, and fighting.

My best refernce is the State of Origin series, if you can get it you should see it.

The plain fact is that this poll will reflect the nationality of the majority of voters, unless we are more international than I realise.

The Fridge (Perry) would not have mixed it with a top grade League forward.

Different skills.

Please name one top fighter that is an ex rugby or Aussie rules player that is actually fighting... ...and making a living from it.

:banghead

I'm not a fan of the guy but to answer your question, Anthony Mundine. A little past it now but still fighting.

mmmm...

rugby player are bricks with ears.. tough though!

aussie rules players have become overpaid prima donnas who care more about their hair than anything else and the violence has been umpired out of the game anyway. ( i come from an aussie rules state)

i'd back the americans because they probably have guns and have lawyers to run to if they were to lose!

Yep, the lawyers would win every time.

BTW I voted for Rugby players in the poll. I played both and though Union is the game I love I think I'd vote for the League players if it came down to a head to head.

Soccer players just make me laugh.

Yep, Rugby for me too.

Even though I was brought up in Wales (where soccer doesn't exist) and was fortunate enough to play Union to a fairly decent standard, my time in the North West of England (Wigan, St Helens, etc, etc) has taught me that League players really are the toughest ......... and i've still got the scars to prove it!

That said, there used to be some pretty 'nasty' Union players around South Africa!

provided that both are around the same weight.

i think that is the main qualifier...

jonathan ogden, baltimore ravens, 6' 9", 345 lbs.

vs.

darren sproles, san diego chargers, 5' 6", 181 lbs... then there are always the punters, kickers and long snappers...

besides:

i saw bob sapp (former nfl) get knocked the fuck out by crocop in k-1 2003.

while crocop was a few inches shorter and weighed more than 100 lb less than sapp, he was by far the superior fighter. granted, crocop probably plays neither rugby nor australian rules anything...

Height and weight are an advantage.

Speed and skill are an advantage.

When strong bloke's fight, look at the big game, boxing.

It's to do with being able to take punishment, and react.

It's hard to define tough, but look at a top Rugby League Forwards face.

Then walk away.

• 3 weeks later...

The winner of the first series of TV 'wire octagon arena' fight contests I saw, 3-4 years ago, was a slimly-built tallish Judo (or Jujitsu) guy, not the thickset muscle-bound types. He often won by getting a leg-grip round the other guy's waist and squeezing him into submission. Skill not brawn, but there are a lot of moves ruled out by these contests which might be used in street fighting and make the difference.

I'd put money on the All Black or South African packs against any other 8-man group.