Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

i've just returned from nearly 4 weeks in Pattaya, staying as usual at the Sabai Lodge. i first stayed there about 4 years ago, moving on from the Diana Inn when that started to get a bit worn round the edges and Soi Diana Inn got noisier etc.

i booked around late December last year and got a Large Pool Deluxe A room for 1450 bhat a night. The Sabai Lodge was never the cheapest in Pattaya but i believe that its location on Soi 2 and all round feel made it worth while. Before i went over the prices increased and this room now costs 1850. Neither price includes breakfast.

Whilst the room itself is fine, i will not be returning again. The periferals have all gone downhill. Very rarely were there pool towels available without having to ask at the bar for them. The vast majority were threadbare and patched up.

Some [ not all ] of the room maids only did a mediocre job in cleaning the rooms.

The buffet breakfast was fine [ only ate it once ] but at 180 bhat was way overpriced. The restaurant/pool service was good but again the food was overpriced in my opinion. Still the same miserable Pool cashier, never smiles.

Next trip will probably be at the Residence, although i was told by a bar owner [ Easy Rider Bar ] that the Lek Villa on the way to Nakua is good value.

Forget this place now, usual Thai mentality applies = lots of guests = increse prices + reduce quality.

sad but there we are :allright

Sabai Lodge is still good value for the money, but I haven't used it for 2 years. Yes some maids are not cleaning to well or almost zero, but the main reason for me to use an other hotel is that they have too many package tour groups staying there. Sometimes it's fully booked and can't fix a room for an old customer.

Still if my new favourite hotel is full I could very well book in Sabai Lodge.

Have to Agree ! the Sabai Lodge has gone down hill & not in a small way , we stayed 1 week in Jan as the RG was full, year earlier everything was fine, cleaning food & prices, this time as the post stated .

Bad bad Bad, shame really as the area is good with Big C , soapies etc......

Needs an Overhaul, premises & Staff !

L & C

i can only agree with all of the above, the first time i stayed in the sabai wing (same hotel) the rooms were 1450 baht and now they are 1850 baht i have just returned from a week in pattaya and stayed in the sabai spa resort i booked the hotel through hotelthailand.com and got the room for 1450 baht a night including breakfast i booked for 5 nights i then wanted to extend my stay for another 2 nights and approached the hotel directly they were not helpful at all they would not budge on their 1450 excluding breakfast rate they said just extend your booking through hotel thailand which i did :rolleyes: i also found you have to watch your mini bar as they have a habbit of charging you for things you haven't drunk and most of the staff are now so fucking rude i do often wonder why i stay at any of the sabai hotels oh yeah location

sorry i meant sabai resort (formerly weekender hotel)

Edited by fi33er

Sabai Resort is the old Weekender Hotel, Sabai Spa is the small building beside the hotel with a spa inside.

I asked TGF to book a room there a year ago, she got a good price and was asked to come there and pay a deposit of 1,000 baht. The female manager of the hotel said that the price agreed was too low and she couldn't accept it and that the agreement was not valid.

Weekender had a reputation that things disappeared from the rooms by thieving employees, Sabai Resort has inherited that reputation. True or not, never had anything disappearing there, not even from the mini bar.

I liked the place better when you could get a room for 850 baht (rooms by the large pool). Stayed there in December and paid 1650 for the same room. I can't say I noticed a decline in the place, though.

Still, for that kind of money there are better options.

Rex

:bigsmile:

Why not stay over the road in Sabai Inn, 1150 for superior room in high season, 850 in low.

Great staff,good rooms and you use Sabai Lodge swimming pool.

Don,t get the Standard Room there very Dark,and the noise from the corridors is fucking awful.

I have never stayed there before but I have booked up Sabai Wing for 3 weeks in April at 1350 Baht per room ( I have booked 3 rooms). My 'normal" hotel at Sunshine vista only has a small rooftop swimming pool and this is a big family holiday of 5 adults and 3 children so it is more important than usual.

But after reading this thread I now have severe reservations about whether I have done the right thing :banghead :( :D

I have never stayed there before but I have booked up Sabai Wing for 3 weeks in April at 1350 Baht per room ( I have booked 3 rooms). My 'normal" hotel at Sunshine vista only has a small rooftop swimming pool and this is a big family holiday of 5 adults and 3 children so it is more important than usual.

But after reading this thread I now have severe reservations about whether I have done the right thing :bigsmile: :banghead :nod

you have got these rooms at a very good price i was quoted 1850 baht per night (excluding breakfast) for 7 nights in march this year the rooms are of a high standard for the money you are paying only downside if you want to get picky only the bottom end of the pool(there are 3 others to choose from) gets the sun and you can't turn the air conditioning temperature down in the rooms you can only adjust the fan speed.

i have had problems in the past with the sabai wing due to mini bar items going missing overcharging on my room bill, the room bill thing was partly my fault as i never noticed until i got back to the uk i should have checked my bill thoroughly before leaving the hotel. i complained via email when i got back to the uk but i was told that the hotel does not make mistakes and the staff are all honest and trustworthy as they are vetted before the sabai empire employs anyone, after this incident the manager no longer responds to my personal emails i have to book through an agent oh well never mind i get it cheaper anyway :moon thats for you sabai empire

you have got these rooms at a very good price i was quoted 1850 baht per night (excluding breakfast) for 7 nights in march this year

I had spent some time looking around the Sabai Resort with the Manager there... I really liked the bungalows right at the back of the resort but they couldn't provide a guarentee that they would be open in April. I followed this up with mails which was when they offered me this deal..I think it is also a good deal because I have booked 3 rooms over a 3 week period...

I had spent some time looking around the Sabai Resort with the Manager there... I really liked the bungalows right at the back of the resort but they couldn't provide a guarentee that they would be open in April. I followed this up with mails which was when they offered me this deal..I think it is also a good deal because I have booked 3 rooms over a 3 week period...

the bungalows do look nice at the back of the sabai resort i would wager the swimming pool would be quieter there also, they also have an area in the sabai resort i think the rooms are 501-512 or something like that and they have use of their own pool,jacuzzi and only guests staying in those rooms can use the pool and jacuzzi i think the rooms were about 3000 baht per night.

I've stayed at the Sabai Lodge 3 or 4 times now and have also seen the increase in price. I usually take a Dolphin Pool cottage, now 1850 baht. But my room was always well cleaned, room service fast, location for me perfect. In that 1800 to 2400 a night range, what else would you recomend in that area?? I tried the Hard Rock once and thought the price was ludicrus for the size of the room. The pool is important for me as I do laps everyday. Also, I like getting a Thai massage in my room every afternoon, and the Sabai Lodge has always been good at suppling that service.

Still, I would like to know if there is something better in the area. Would like to find something along the line of the Majestic Grande in Bangkok, only in Pattaya.

Edited by fopa

I like the Sabai Lodge and have stayed there many times. The last time was in Oct 06. I tried to book my usual room type, the Deluxe A at the large pool for my trip next week but it was fully booked and that was in Dec!! There only are 5, I think, of this room type. I was paying 1150Tbt per night. We like the small veranda outside each room. I know the cottages have this aswell but they cost a lot more. As already said avoid the standard rooms.

I like the attitude in the hotel, very relaxed, never had any probs. However I do feel that the rooms have become a bit tired and they could do with refurbishment. I hate that fucking fixed control console for the air con, lights & TV. Also hate the way the "double" bed is actually 2 single beds pushed together!! Also have had probs with air con leaking.

So I'm now booked into the Areca Lodge. Have I made the right decision?? Time will tell.

Regards to all.