Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I have recently booked to fly with qatar in july and I am really just looking some info about the flight. Is it free drink on the flight? What is the in-flight entertainment like? Is the food edible? I normally fly with Thai airways but they are just too expensive this year. Another point I would like to make is that when I arrive in Doha my next flight to Bangkok leaves 55 minutes later. Is this enough time to get checked in and onto the next flight?

Thanks in advance

Meatball :clap1

I have recently booked to fly with qatar in july and I am really just looking some info about the flight. Is it free drink on the flight? What is the in-flight entertainment like? Is the food edible? I normally fly with Thai airways but they are just too expensive this year. Another point I would like to make is that when I arrive in Doha my next flight to Bangkok leaves 55 minutes later. Is this enough time to get checked in and onto the next flight?

Thanks in advance

Meatball :clueless

Yes free drinks. Not sure about IFE and food. If you fly in and out of Doha with Qatar, you will have been checked in for both flights in the UK. Delays leaving the UK are a more likely concern! Edited by jacko

Qatar are good. Free drink, Seatback IFE, good food (normally), and as Jacko points out, your departure time from UK is critical to ensure you make the connection, although I have experienced the flight from Doha being held around an hour for late arriving passengers from another flight. Beware of overweight. They charge 35GBP per kilo UK to BKK.

I mostly use Qatar airways from manchester because of the cost and normally find them really good. The booze is all free but on my last flight i found that they were a tad shy dishing it out. Food is generally good and so is the IFE. As they are a relatively new airline the planes are mostly new, with the exception of a few A330's. Doha airport is crap, but the fags are dirt cheap ( approx £6 for 200 ).

Something to watch out for when booking in the future with Qatar is the flight schedules. They are expanding at an incredible rate and lauching new routes almost weekly , therefore the established routes e.g Manchester, tend to get their departure times changed to accomodate the new routes, therefore giving you a long transfer in Doha.

No problem with the free drinks...just keep asking.

I have flown with most of the Middle Eastern airlines and I find Qatar to be as good as Emirates and on a par with Etihad...although business class in Qatar is better than the rest in my opinion.

In economy the airbus is comfortable with plenty of legroom and good entertainment...the food is also quite good.

The airport at Doha is improving all the time and now is much better that it was a few years ago when a major development program was started and you battled in order to find a seat.

Most of the transfer times at Doha are pretty quick but they always seem to get the bags on the plane ok for the next leg. :D

Some good deals on at the moment from Manchester I just picked up a return economy ticket for April with good and quick connection times for £475.00. The business class prices seem to be going through the roof at the moment but I am happy with economy.

Enjoy your flight :drunk

• 2 weeks later...

i had the same connection time a year or so ago and posed a similar question. If your flight arrives into Doha on time you will be ok My flight took off 40 minutes late but arrived on schedule so either there was a strong wind assisting us or aq fair degree of flexability built into the the flight schedule.

Judging from the private mails i received it appears to be a bit hit and miss. An hour or more and you will make it but others faced an overnight in a doha hotel.

Sometimes they will hold connecting flights although i guess this depends on the number of passengers involved.

I have to say that the short connection time does make it more difficult to relax on the outward leg

Neil

i had the same connection time a year or so ago and posed a similar question. If your flight arrives into Doha on time you will be ok My flight took off 40 minutes late but arrived on schedule so either there was a strong wind assisting us or aq fair degree of flexability built into the the flight schedule.

Judging from the private mails i received it appears to be a bit hit and miss. An hour or more and you will make it but others faced an overnight in a doha hotel.

Sometimes they will hold connecting flights although i guess this depends on the number of passengers involved.

I have to say that the short connection time does make it more difficult to relax on the outward leg

Neil

Am flying with them in October. got roughly a 2 hour change outbound and a horrible 8 hour inbound changeover. :bigsmile:

on the other hand

I doubt i will ever be relaxed on the outbound leg as i am way to excited. :poke

• 2 weeks later...

They are great to fly with, Free drinks and they have loads of movies on the interactive TV system. New stuff like Hitman, and Bee Movie. And some old westerns also. which is good if you can only sleep for a few hours.

IMPORTANT! make sure you Join their privlege frequent flyer club online before you go and by printing off a temporary card,which you show at check in you will be allowed an extra 10 kg in your suitcase. ie 30kg plus 7kg carry on :chogdee

IMPORTANT! make sure you Join their privlege frequent flyer club online before you go and by printing off a temporary card,which you show at check in you will be allowed an extra 10 kg in your suitcase. ie 30kg plus 7kg carry on Hmmm... I thought I read somewhere that you had to have accrued some mileage in your account before you got the extra 10KG.....?(Edit in.. and I see Cheshire Tom, who previously posted that fact, was right behind me! :D )
Edited by jacko
IMPORTANT! make sure you Join their privlege frequent flyer club online before you go and by printing off a temporary card,which you show at check in you will be allowed an extra 10 kg in your suitcase. ie 30kg plus 7kg carry on

IMPORTANT! Not true. You are only allowed 10 kg extra baggage allowance once you have attained burgundy membership.