Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

£400 Flight from manchester

Got a flight for £400 from manchester on airline netwrk, had to travel mid-week to get it cheap... fly on 3rd sept (wednesday) return 18th sept (thursday)

other flights i looked at went up £100 day after i first looked for flights... normaly fly with Emirates but not this time.

The flight is with Finair

If you can be flexible with your travel dates, you will get a better deal.

Goes to show, if you see a deal dont leave it too long before you book or "the deal" may go up and up and up in price!!

Got a flight for £400 from manchester on airline netwrk, had to travel mid-week to get it cheap... fly on 3rd sept (wednesday) return 18th sept (thursday)

other flights i looked at went up £100 day after i first looked for flights... normaly fly with Emirates but not this time.

Goes to show, if you see a deal dont leave it too long before you book or "the deal" may go up and up and up in price!!

I have often felt suspicious that the very act of making an enquiry may bump the price!
I have also always had that feeling. Can anyone shed any light on this? Come on Cheshire Tom, what's your opinion?

Because a flight is cheap does not necessarily make it a good deal, only a cheap deal. :bigsmile:

Shitty aircraft, 5 hour layover in Helsinki, cramped seating and no IFE ........... just the way to get your trip off to a good start. :allright

I never use the inflight entertainment so that dont bother me in the slightest, i sleep most of the way, pay an extra £100 for a screen that has a load of crap on it, i dont watch television at home either. 5 hour stop over doesnt bother me either, did emirates and had an 8hour stop over one time, just how it fell. help yaself to the BIG screen entertainment and extra extra extra room lol, i wouldnt pay for business class either, ya get loads more room but suppose its what your prepaired to pay, im not much into throwing money in the bin, as i said i will be sleeping most of the trip so dont bother me the inflight entertainment, im not a lard arse so the room dont bother me either :)

I only start my holiday off when i wake up from my flight :)

hope that does`nt sounbd like im kicking off, cos im not, just my way of doing things.... this is "airline deals" section?, good luck to others who wish to fly as cheap as possible

• 2 weeks later...

Have to agree that if you can save £100 or £200 on your flight by dropping the IFE then well done. Lets face it when was the last time any of you paid £200 to rent a few movies?

Same with the business class thing. While i am healthy enough to be able to fit into an economy chair i will forego the £400 it will cost me for the extra 5" leg room or whatever.

That £200 or £400 quid can make a big difference to the length of my stay or at least the quality of the hotel i stay in whilst i am there.

Dunno whats happening to emirates of late. All their prices have sky-rocketed. I think they are trying to fund all the 100's of new planes they have ordered (just in time for the down-turn in aviation travel).

Im on my annual 3 week holiday in UK just now and normally fly from glasgow....the price this time £1200 return....forget it.....sneakily i checked online prices every day and booked a emirates £600 from newcastle (with good connection ) so sorted. But the strange thing was that 2 days later the same emirates newcastle flight had jumped up to £960. Glad i jumped at the right time.

Time to use up my emirates airpoints next time and change to a heathrow departure on a cheaper airline methinks.

Dunno whats happening to emirates of late. All their prices have sky-rocketed.

Hi,

Whats happened is Emirates is now one of the major long haul airlines with a modern fleet. There are advertising in all the major sporting areas like football and cricket. They want to sell higher prices tickets and are not in the monger market anymore. Maybe that will change again if the recession bites as hard as I expect.

Hi,

Whats happened is Emirates is now one of the major long haul airlines with a modern fleet. There are advertising in all the major sporting areas like football and cricket. They want to sell higher prices tickets and are not in the monger market anymore. Maybe that will change again if the recession bites as hard as I expect.

The big advantage that Emirates has at the moment is that it has a pretty varied fleet that it can, and does, interchange on its routes according to demand.

I am an Emirates/ Skywards gold member and fly with them approx 8 or 9 time per year Glasgow to BKK and have to agree their prices have went up slightly.

Like always it is about time your tickets right. I am in the fortunate position of being able to by 3 or 4 flights in advance and am still paying on average 550 per flight with the good connection times.

Emirates seem to strickly stick to the block release system wherby they do not release all seats for all classes at the same time. This means that one week your ticket may be 700 return but if you check on a regular basis they usually release the next block and the same class ticket falls by say £100.

Maybe i am just lucky but i always book via their website and have never paid more than £700 and that was during Xmas time.

Do have to add though that their service and time keeping have ce3rtainly got worse over the last year, and you just about always have to circle in the multi storey plane park before landing in Dubai which is a pain in the ass.

I am an Emirates/ Skywards gold member and fly with them approx 8 or 9 time per year Glasgow to BKK and have to agree their prices have went up slightly.

Like always it is about time your tickets right. I am in the fortunate position of being able to by 3 or 4 flights in advance and am still paying on average 550 per flight with the good connection times.

Emirates seem to strickly stick to the block release system wherby they do not release all seats for all classes at the same time. This means that one week your ticket may be 700 return but if you check on a regular basis they usually release the next block and the same class ticket falls by say £100.

Maybe i am just lucky but i always book via their website and have never paid more than £700 and that was during Xmas time.

Do have to add though that their service and time keeping have ce3rtainly got worse over the last year, and you just about always have to circle in the multi storey plane park before landing in Dubai which is a pain in the ass.

the building of the new terminal is causing delays,my last trip the bus driver could not find the plane for about,made the journey from the terminal to getting of the bus 20-25 mins,another thing that seems to be happening alot is passengers checked in not getting to the gate,then removig their bags,this happened on 3 of the 4 legs my last journey,1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hour delays,not good for such a good airline.
the building of the new terminal is causing delays,my last trip the bus driver could not find the plane for about,made the journey from the terminal to getting of the bus 20-25 mins,another thing that seems to be happening alot is passengers checked in not getting to the gate,then removig their bags,this happened on 3 of the 4 legs my last journey,1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hour delays,not good for such a good airline.
Yes, it makes one wonder what qualifies them to be a 'good airline'. I hope the busses are well air-conditioned, I seem to recall Dubai as being 'warm at times'. :poke

My last Emirates trip was great 'on the plane' and fine leaving Bangkok, as you say, things were not so good when Dubai airport and the connection came into the picture. Back to KLM....

Edited by jacko

On my last trip back to Scotland, I flew with Emirates and had to be bussed to and from where the plane was parked 3 times out of 4. It took an average of 25 minutes from actually landing to get to the terminal. In fact, on the outward flight, they had actually started boarding my onward flight by the time I got to the gate - and that was with a 2 hour transit time!

I think I'll be avoiding Emirates until the construction work has been completed. Also, on the Dubai - Bangkok leg, the seat in front of me in Business Class was almost resting on my legs. It made getting up to go to the toilet very difficult - especially if my seat was reclined. :D Emirates are investigating my comments so it'll be intersting to see what they have to say.

Alan

On my last trip back to Scotland, I flew with Emirates and had to be bussed to and from where the plane was parked 3 times out of 4. It took an average of 25 minutes from actually landing to get to the terminal. In fact, on the outward flight, they had actually started boarding my onward flight by the time I got to the gate - and that was with a 2 hour transit time!

I think I'll be avoiding Emirates until the construction work has been completed. Also, on the Dubai - Bangkok leg, the seat in front of me in Business Class was almost resting on my legs. It made getting up to go to the toilet very difficult - especially if my seat was reclined. :D Emirates are investigating my comments so it'll be intersting to see what they have to say.

Alan

Is biz class on EK not "Pod"-type, lie-flat or flatbed seating? It makes Etihad, and to a lesser extent Qatar, seem like a bit of a bargain.

Is biz class on EK not "Pod"-type, lie-flat or flatbed seating? It makes Etihad, and to a lesser extent Qatar, seem like a bit of a bargain.

No - though I think their 1st class is. They do go quite a bit back though.

From Bangkok to Dubai, I was in the same seat and didn't have a problem thought that flight had all 3 classes and may have been refurbished recently. From Dubai, the flight only had Business Class and Economy.

Alan

On my Emirates Biz Class flights, the electric seats were failing all over the place. I did enjoy the IFE, listening to golden oldies from my teens!

i had a look at emerites from glasgow but it had a 9 or 12 hour wait in dubia, i got a price with china that was cheaper flys from edinburgh and gets me in toi bkk about 12 hours earlier.

i had a look at emerites from glasgow but it had a 9 or 12 hour wait in dubia, i got a price with china that was cheaper flys from edinburgh and gets me in toi bkk about 12 hours earlier.

I flew from Glasgow to Bangkok earlier this month with Emirates. I only had a 3 hour wait in Dubai.

Edit in

I've just looked at Emirates web-site and for a flight in July, the connection time in Dubai is still just under 3 hours from Glasgow.

Alan

Edited by Eneukman

That was going through the Flight Centre, when i went on the internet i found a china airlines flight that was cheaper and i can fly from edinburgh, so i never had a look at their web site.

gogs007 wrote

i had a look at emerites from glasgow but it had a 9 or 12 hour wait in dubia,

Try searching their website using the schedule function, it will bring up a wait of about three hours approximately. Of course the price then increases slightly.

Best Regards

Fireman Sam

Only flown with Emirates twice and both times they lost my luggage,first time never saw it again second time it arrived at my home 4 days after me. Don't think I will fly with them again although the new wardrobe is OK.

sounds like a good price but what are the transfer delays for connecting flights to Bangkok, when I have looked before at Finnair the connecting flights are always long time will wait maximam 3hrs cosidering the time spent traveling overall <grin

I am also a gold card member but have just redeemed my airmiles for a free econmy flight, last time I bought a free flight with airmiles I paid 68,000 miles this time 130,000 which now means every 8 flights return Thailand 1 free flight before every 4 times, goodbye Emirates, Eithad nearly as good and much cheaper :drunk

Good to hear!!!!

We are flying with Emirates for the second time in October with a 2 hr stop over in Dubai.

Choose them over Qatar and Etihad due to previous experiences.

Starting to worry me now with these comments...

Good to hear!!!!

We are flying with Emirates for the second time in October with a 2 hr stop over in Dubai.

Choose them over Qatar and Etihad due to previous experiences.

Starting to worry me now with these comments...

Construction work is taking place at Dubai Airport as a result of which some flights are parked at a stand miles from the terminal building. From touch down to reaching the terminal took me 25 minutes earlier this year. Because of this, they had started transferring passengers on my onward flight, which was also parked miles away, a full hour before the sceduled departure time. The first final call was made 10 minutes later.

Work is expected to be completed by October this year but there could well be technical hitches for the first week or so.

Alan