Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

New Pizzas at the Pattaya Beer Garden

I have heard many good comments about the food we serve at The Pattaya Beer Garden. The quality is good and the prices very reasonable. Unfortunately our Pizzas have not received universal acclaim.

At first I thought it was just different opinions about how a Pizza should be cooked. New York style, Chicago style , European style or even Pizza Hut style. However it became obvious that PBG style was not a style favoured by most.

Some research lead me to Slices Pizzas, a franchise Pizza operation in Pattaya that has been getting very good reviews. I had a chat with Bobby the boss there and we have come to an arrangement. From now on the Beer Garden will be serving original "Slices" pizzas. They are made at the Slices factory and delivered fresh but uncooked to us each day. We'll be cooking them on premises, much as the Slices franchises do.

We will be offering generous sized slices for 50 baht or the full Pizza for 250 baht. This is a little bit more expensive than our own made varieties but they are much bigger and much tastier as well. For the record they are "New York" style and we have Bolognese, Pepperoni, Ham & Pineapple and Seafood flavours available.

We have added a few more items to the menu as well. Most notably Eggs Benedict on the Breakfast menu and Whole Steamed Snapper with Lemon Sauce to the Thai menu.

I tried the pepperoni pizza yesterday and I would consider it mediocre at best. First the pizza was overcooked. The bottom of the pizza was stiff as a board. Lack of pizza sauce and the quality of the cheese leaves a lot to be desired. Pepperoni was fine.

Two spices that add to the culinary experience, oregano and red pepper should be served along side the pizza.

I like the pizza at Slices when it's cooked properly. I've had experiences like Big D's, where it was left in the over too long. The bottom should be crisp, but not overly so. When it's cooked right, it's one of the better pizzas in town. I particularly like the bolognese with an ample helping of red pepper.

When "Slices" 1st opened it's Soi Dianna outlet the product was good,large fairly priced and reliable.However now IMO it's just luke warm, mediocre, overpriced soggy crap, and the only redeeming feature is that the "Slices" have shrunk so not so much to force down when pissed and starving hungry!

I ordered a pepperoni "slices" pizza at PBG last night, two things:

1. The pizza is more like a 2 person meal. I ate half of it (not a complaint, just info).

2. It was not cooked like it should. It was soft, not crispy as it should be.

It would also be nice not to have to ask for a plate to eat it on.

I ate a slice this afternoon and it was cooked properly but the slice lacked sauce and it beats the hell out of me what type of cheese was on the pizza

I also had a pepperoni pizza yesterday afternoon. I aked for suk suk, and that was acknowledged, but when it came it was soft soft. Still, it tasted good and went down well the draught Heineken. Recommendation...ask barstaff to convey cooking instructions to kitchen please.

Last night, I ate dinner at the PB with a Thai women. She ordered the snapper soup that was superb. I'm not a snapper fan but even I enjoyed it. I ordered my old standby, fish & chip. Fish was well prepared and not over cooked. BTW the beer was cold and my date enjoyed the red wine.

Last night, I ate dinner at the PB with a Thai women. She ordered the snapper soup that was superb. I'm not a snapper fan but even I enjoyed it. I ordered my old standby, fish & chip. Fish was well prepared and not over cooked. BTW the beer was cold and my date enjoyed the red wine.
Plenty of Snapper to go round these days....

http://www.pattayamail.com/current/news.shtml#hd13

Where are these when I go out fishing?

Pete,

may I ask for another addition to the menu?

Fried vegetable with chicken or beef and steam rice (Thai style). Alternatively just fried vegetable with steam rice. This is something I like for lunch a lot. Don't make the servings too big, though, at least not for lunch.

I'd like to try a 'Bug Feast' pizza with extra topping of grasshoppers :D

Pap

While that is usually not an option on our menu, if you order one while I am in the bar I'll get the cooks to do a special for you. I'll eat one piece and if you finish the rest then there will be no charge.

Are you man enough

Pap

While that is usually not an option on our menu, if you order one while I am in the bar I'll get the cooks to do a special for you. I'll eat one piece and if you finish the rest then there will be no charge.

Are you man enough :llaugh

Is that offer good for my TG also?

• 9 months later...
I ordered a pepperoni "slices" pizza at PBG last night, two things:

1. The pizza is more like a 2 person meal. I ate half of it (not a complaint, just info).

2. It was not cooked like it should. It was soft, not crispy as it should be.

It would also be nice not to have to ask for a plate to eat it on.

OK, I had two slices of pizza last night, 1 pepperoni and 1 bolognese. And now it was excellent, much better than the one I had at Slices in soi 7 the night before. Good that you listen to customer feedback.