Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 330 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

sending stuff home

We have done it a few times to Australia. As long as there is nothing not permitted and you don't bullshit on customs declaration then it should be fine. We send our shopping back -stuff like thai books etc that would mean excess baggage on the plane.

Just make shore they are not Copys , DHL and most other post offices will insist that they open them before they post them for you .. If they are copys then they will refuse to send them , Try the post office in soy 13/2, Think if you have them already wrapt they cannot be arsed to open them..

Just make shore they are not Copys , DHL and most other post offices will insist that they open them before they post them for you .. If they are copys then they will refuse to send them , Try the post office in soy 13/2, Think if you have them already wrapt they cannot be arsed to open them..
Yas I have sent quite a few packages international from there and never been asked to open them.

I know none of us would infringe copyright laws with DVD copies etc and the post office/DHL may not open them but the package will be x-rayed at the country of destination and so prompt investigation by Customs if anything of interest shows up . Also one must be careful of what could be interpreted as "commercial quanities" too as duties may be levied.

My wife also sends medicines esp Thai traditional medicines. I have found that if it is declared the Customs will open the box, have a look and then send it on. If it is bona-fide then there are no problems

My wife also sends medicines esp Thai traditional medicines. I have found that if it is declared the Customs will open the box, have a look and then send it on. If it is bona-fide then there are no problems

xen,

Just on the Thai traditional meds. Last trip the missus forgot to buy some of the Easse Tea (laxative tea), do you think there will be any prob if we get her sister to buy some and post it back?

Cheers,

Kev

posted a few parcels home to the uk..only ever had trouble when sent by dhl

the last 2 parcels, i was given both ,then 3 weeks later i got a customs bill for them 1 £89....the 2nd one was £16.told them to float for it...just be carefull

drdod

Unless you like paying duty......dont use DHL etc

They are hand in glove with customs, in Thailand they pre inspect for 'copy' etc. At destination they pay customs the duty....then pursue the recipient (often well after delivery) for the duty plus thier 'handling fees'.

If you must go with them use a ficticious name c/o the address youre sending to. Then when the tardy duty invoice comes tell them Pietro Papagopolous bugged out as soon as he got his parcel...and say when they do catch up with him youd like your wallet back too ;-)

Post Office everytime. Check out the rates here:

http://www.thailandpost.com/search_ems_en.asp

Under 2Kg no customs declarations

EMS pricey and often as not , not so quick

Registered Air Mail (some destinations can be expressed) 10days ish

SAL if your in no hurry