Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Pattaya Beer Garden Update - High Season arrives

Just to update you on the BLT "crispy bacon" issue, I went to PBG tonight and ordered the BLT "well done". The bacon arrived crispy (as it should for a BLT). Pete even ordered one to try.

It was a truly delicious BLT!

Is PBG using those little bittie Thai tomatoes or nice big juicy western tomatoes on the BLTs?

Is PBG using those little bittie Thai tomatoes or nice big juicy western tomatoes on the BLTs?

They BLT has sliced tomatoes. How do you think that would work with those "ittie bittie Thai tomatoes"? :tits:

Seriously, in answer to your question, they have decent sized tomatoes sliced for the BLT. I doubt they would qualify as "nice big juicy western tomatoes".

On further thought, your question just seems to insinuate "western", i.e. "western USA"=good...Thai "ittie bittie"=bad. Fruits and vegatables can be grown in many different countries to many different requirements. They are much more international and less chauvinistic than some people.

Edited to add sarcasm.

I had a problem there yesterday. I only went in for a meal, but couldn't get my arse off of the seat for about 3 hours. :bigsmile: It was a really mellow way to start the afternoon; cool breeze, quiet recognizable music, good food, cheap beer. Worked for me. Nice.

I looked around at one point and the place looked empty, then I started counting fallangs. 30 Where else in town would 30 customers make the place look empty? For that matter, where else would have 30 paying customers (I'm not counting TGs) at 4 in the afternoon? I will be back in later on today.

This place is shaping up to be one of the stable landmarks of the future.

I was lucky enough to spend the Loy Kraythong eveniong at the PBG and it was really a great evening. The views of the harbour with its tens of thousands of Loys, the fireworks and great companymay be the highlight of my trip. In addition to this I have the feeling that I did a great thing by taking a bar lady out of the bar for a night. She was so excited to be part of the festivities rather than being stuck behind a bar that I was quite mellowed by the experience.

The lovely AE looked after us and there was a great successesion of management, including Pete, popping by to say hi and 'Happy Loy Krathong".

All in all a really good experience.

I am in town for several weeks and have already been to the PBG twice for an afternoon meal. The weather and setting this time of year make it an excellent place to hang out. Great music too.

The first trip the food did take a while to get there(30 min). I don't think it was because they were busy, but maybe because it was from the western menu (burger). The second trip the food came much faster, but we ordered Thai.

As for quality, the fries were crisp& hot (great to see), the burger was just a burger(nothing special), and the pad thai tasted great, but the noodles were undercooked(chewy). It wasn't worth complaining about, and I did finish it all. It was funny how the Thai food was the one that had issues with it and the western one was fine. I guess on any given day - anything can happen.

In any case, I will be back to try some of their other offerings.

Zeus

Hey Pete,

Spring here....glad all is well at my #1 watering hole :D

And I would like to add besides the excellent staff attitude,bar location and prices....Pattaya beer garden has the cleanest

ice of many of the joints I've drank in :clap1

I've decided to weigh in now because I've just been advised/instructed to take leave in the LOS by my chief officer since they know they can depend on me not getting into any trouble there and making it back on time to my ship in Subic

Looking firward to seeing you and your lovely staff in the first week of December until sometime after New years eve :cry2

All the best , spring

Edited by SPRING
Just to update you on the BLT "crispy bacon" issue, I went to PBG tonight and ordered the BLT "well done". The bacon arrived crispy (as it should for a BLT). Pete even ordered one to try.

It was a truly delicious BLT!

Yeah, a real BLT! Great to hear!...

Hey Mikey! long time no see...

Gosh, I wish I was there...

Cheers...

At last. Back to Pattaya. I am at PBG. This is my third Month long trip tp Pattaya this year (Don't ask just be envious). Its about 3pm. Just had a great afternoon meal. Served up quick and hot. Standards as usual high. Great place. Just wish more freelancers. Will come here often.

Great pictures Pete,

I now have 408 hours (about) until wheels up from Subic :clap2

I just hope you guys have room for me at the bar in my favorite seat

Seems like your business has really taken off Pete and pretty soon I might need a reservation

later spring

Edited by SPRING

Went in yesterday, ordered a beer and asked for the menu, waitress told me "one hour cooking". Apparently the chef was ill. Fair enough, I chose to leave but I've absolutely no problem with that - almost all venues over here would just have taken the order and had me sitting fuming. IMO telling me up front was the right thing to do.

Had I been in company I would have stayed, but an hour on my own wasn't what I had in mind.

Note to any Thai owners reading; honesty works, I'll be back with no hesitation. The normal Thai "ignore a problem and leave the customer in the dark" approach would have had me boycotting the place and slagging it off on the forums.

Hi All thank you so much for all the input. The Beer Garden will just keep getting better over time. I will respond to all your IM's as fast as I can. As for the tomatoes go the Vegie Man is working on it.

Thanks Again Mikey

Went in yesterday, ordered a beer and asked for the menu, waitress told me "one hour cooking". Apparently the chef was ill. Fair enough, I chose to leave but I've absolutely no problem with that - almost all venues over here would just have taken the order and had me sitting fuming. IMO telling me up front was the right thing to do.

Had I been in company I would have stayed, but an hour on my own wasn't what I had in mind.

Note to any Thai owners reading; honesty works, I'll be back with no hesitation. The normal Thai "ignore a problem and leave the customer in the dark" approach would have had me boycotting the place and slagging it off on the forums.

Have to agree with you Brian. If the staff is too ill to deliver please let me know rather than stringing me own. I say this in references to events here in states when restaurnants were "under the weather". Problems happen. Just let me know.

"almost all venues over here would just have taken the order and had me sitting fuming."

Reminds me of the "No Hab' thread, where after having waited for ages, enquired as to how the chef was getting on, was told, "No Hab" the waiting staff just carried on with their job of taking orders, regardless of the fact that there was no chef !

I was inthe PBG yesterday for dinner. The staff are geting very aware of keeping the customers notified of when the food will be in. I think I was told 3 times that my food would be ready in 5 min, only 10 min after placing the order. Much better than no one saying anything. In reality it came about 20 min after I ordered it, and that wasn't too bad. Particularly with the nice view, ocean breeze and music to sit and relax the time away. Or as Pete says "just chillin".

I'll be back.

Zeus

Edited by Zeus

Sorry about the post being entered three times but this goverment PC is going crazy right now.

I will attempt to delete the other two again.

Anyway, hope everybody is having a good time.

spring

Edited by SPRING

Alright , I have attempted to delete the post a few times..but am unable to, so I'll just have to replace it with something else... :bigsmile:

Are there more freelancers then in May, any younger?

spring

Edited by SPRING

Maybe I have just been at sea too long..but I am unable to get rid of the posts unless I edit them completely

out by making a new post :allright

Or I guess I could have just let Martin do it later....

You all can bust my balls about it when I arrive in December :bigsmile:

spring

Edited by SPRING

Well, after checking after checking out the latest photos of some of the free lancers, I see the selection has gotten better or maybe I've been at sea too long

I really should make an effort to meet a few instead of getting lost in my bottle of bacardi all the time

I will sure have enough time with arriving about December 3rd and not departing until sometime after New Years eve....you know best laid plans and all..just have to wait and see if I stick to them this time. :bigsmile:

spring

Was in there last night with my No. 1. Was a Friday night and it was the largest crowd I have seen in there. Usually the place looks half empty as it is so large. Not last night. LOTS of business!

My lady likes the place so much she keeps ordering beer for me so I will be willing to stay longer. Can honestly say I consume more beer at the PBG than anywhere in Pattaya. But it's not my fault! And my lady doesn't drink at all.

Little Roy :allright