Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

http://www.pattayatalk.com/forums/index.ph...;hl=haven+hotel

Here is a link to a review I did recently and we will be there for Xmas.

Read all comments and as the Thai's Say " Up To You "

P.S there is a search function in with the Blue writing at the top of this page.

Honestly, I'd avoid the place, rooms are getting old, way too much noise at the family breakfast

Love the pool, location is good, but I'd look to Soi Metro as a better area

• 3 weeks later...
I think your comments have alot to with your personality's

So after pretty much universally negative reviews, do you still think it's a personality issue?

I could be Mother Teresa, but that wouldn't change the stained carpets, paper thin walls and doors, kids screaming in the pool every morning, arsehole golfers ( I am a golfer BTW), and surly owner.

One positive - cheap breakfast. But it is a dice roll the staff gets it right.

• 1 month later...
So after pretty much universally negative reviews, do you still think it's a personality issue?

I could be Mother Teresa, but that wouldn't change the stained carpets, paper thin walls and doors, kids screaming in the pool every morning, arsehole golfers ( I am a golfer BTW), and surly owner.

One positive - cheap breakfast. But it is a dice roll the staff gets it right.

Well there is no carpet, the walls are made of thick concrete, don't know of any problems with the doors.

Only every seen kids in the pool once which was at Xmas time when the owner Steve and his staff put on a party for the kids from the orphanage (very surly owner). Never met any arsehole golfers, a few English gentlemen and one rude American.

Breakfast is cheap depending what you eat, most of the time we only make it to lunch and so far the staff have been excellent.

Had 2 friends join us at xmas and they both enjoyed the place no complains.

Stayed for 3 nights.

Had room on the ground floor which was a bit worn and old but bathroom was new, also was noisy especially in the morning when the kids started playing, saw them the afternoon before and they are nice kids, not sure if they are the staffs or were staying with there parents but at 8am you just want the little buggers to shut up, so I asked if I could be moved upstairs and was.

The next 2 nights I was on the 3rd floor, lovely room and views over the bay, the stairs to the 2nd floor are not too bad but to the 3rd a bit hairy after a few beers so if you don’t like stairs this aint the place for you.

Didn’t meet any dickhead golfers either, although plenty of golfers about, all I met and spoke with were decent blokes, not many Europeans here either seems mainly Brits, Yanks and Aussies...

Restaurant is great both in value for money and quality and the staff are amongst the friendliest and helpful ive had in all my stays in LOS.

Not a luxury place by any means but clean, comfortable and a great location, Highly recommended although maybe avoid the ground floor rooms.

Well there is no carpet, the walls are made of thick concrete, don't know of any problems with the doors.

Only every seen kids in the pool once which was at Xmas time when the owner Steve and his staff put on a party for the kids from the orphanage (very surly owner). Never met any arsehole golfers, a few English gentlemen and one rude American.

Breakfast is cheap depending what you eat, most of the time we only make it to lunch and so far the staff have been excellent.

Had 2 friends join us at xmas and they both enjoyed the place no complains.

AC:

If it was just me about the owner, I would think it was a one-off and forget it. However, based on this thread and other people I have discussed this with, it is ongoing problem experience by many. Sincerely glad you didnt experience it.

It's been cited numerous times - the rooms are worn. The screaming kids in the morning also.

Breakfast is cheap. I agree.

To each his own, but for 850-1200 baht/night I have found much better accomodations. Places I would give a look at include the flippers on soi7/8, the eastinny place soi 8, bella prima villa on soi 4, seaside soi 3.

Hub

Edited by Hub
  • 3 months later...

Just returned home after a 2 week stay at The Haven Hotel.

Yes the rooms are abit tired but plenty of space, big comfy double bed, decent bathroom with powerful shower, ok aircon and 3 speed fan too which gave you the option of best temperature for me and TGF.

Sink in bathroom was blocked on my arrival but within 30 mins of reporting it it was sorted.

Never had any problems with noise from kids or other guests who were mainly guys like me in their 50-60's.

As far as I'm aware never met the owner but had emails b4 arriving, I think I met the owners wife, or at least classy thai lady with authority and she seemed pleasant enough.

Only had breakfast farang food but good grub and cheap prices.

Nice little swimming pool and setting.

Location excellent near beach road, and also 2nd road, close to avenue shopping complex with cinema and bowling, and kiss food which I've always liked going to, not far from walking street.

Cost me 900 baht per night and all in all I'd say value for money.

Economies forced me to go lower market this time so if my finances recover may mean I don't return, but I'd recommend it to anyone wanting hotel in the 800 - 1000 baht range.

Al

:chogdee