Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I just did an overnight flight from KL to gold coast in australia with Air Asia. Flown AA many times before and no problems, however this time it wasnt that good. The A330 seats are really narrow and you dont have much leg room. to make it worse, the seat back doesnt recline, instead the seat squab moves forward, further reducing the leg room. I am only a short person and not very big build but I was not at all comfortable. anyone of a larger size would be very uncomfortable in fact all the people around me were complaining. A330 might be good for shorter flights but for an overnighter where you want to sleep, its not very pleasant.

I just did an overnight flight from KL to gold coast in australia with Air Asia. Flown AA many times before and no problems, however this time it wasnt that good. The A330 seats are really narrow and you dont have much leg room. to make it worse, the seat back doesnt recline, instead the seat squab moves forward, further reducing the leg room. I am only a short person and not very big build but I was not at all comfortable. anyone of a larger size would be very uncomfortable in fact all the people around me were complaining. A330 might be good for shorter flights but for an overnighter where you want to sleep, its not very pleasant.

I don't think you can blame AirBus for the seats you just experienced on the A330. Air Asia ordered the plane this way. I have been on several A330 with Northwest Airlines where the seats were fine with leg room and the seats would recline, also with individual entertainment with movies on demand at each seat.

LeoTex

I don't think you can blame AirBus for the seats you just experienced on the A330. Air Asia ordered the plane this way.

Took the words out of my fingertips. Nothing to do with the airplane. Any airliner these days is big enough for a gym and a king-sized bed, certainly including the really excellent Airbus models. It's up to the airline what to do with the space.

I don't think you can blame AirBus for the seats you just experienced on the A330. Air Asia ordered the plane this way. I have been on several A330 with Northwest Airlines where the seats were fine with leg room and the seats would recline, also with individual entertainment with movies on demand at each seat.

LeoTex

Exactly, AirAsia config their A330 planes 9 across 3-3-3. Most of the major airlines like Singaporeair etc config theirs 8 across 2-4-2, one less seat so a bit more room overall. Each airline chooses their own seats and set out.

onelilley.

Yes, i didnt realise that was the case until I got a couple of responses. Unfortunately AA is the most cost effective and convenient way to get me to BKK (via Clarke in AC) so it looks like I am stuck. Might just have to pay for the seats in the exit row.

Or a few bucks less the aisle seats and then stick your legs out there!

• 3 weeks later...
Aisle seats are the way to go

Much more freedom to do what YOU want...

Totally agree and also right at the very back.If there are any spare seats on the motor invariably they will be middle seats at the rear of the aircraft giving you extra room to sprawl out.