Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Ricky Hatton V Manny Pacquiao - 2 May 2009

I watched his last fight in the Pig and Whistle Soi 8 at around 11 in the monring.

I'd be surprised if Gullivers on Soi 2 did not show it.

I'm pretty sure you will get to see the fight.

Hi everyone

I shall be in Patts on 2 May and would very much like to watch the fight between Hatton and Pacquiao. Can anyone tell me which bar(s) are likely to be showing this event?

Thanks

Just remember the fight's on the 3rd in Thailand.

Thank you for that. Hopefully the fight will be on at a reasonable time in Patts.

It should be on between 11 am and, say .............................................. 11:10 am. 2guns

Captain's Bar & GH soi Honey Inn about 100 yards down from soi Buakhow on the south side.

Gerry aka The Captain is a premier fight fan, former resident of Vegas and Detroit where he was a regular at Emanuel Steward's resto.

The bar is festooned with pix of Gerry w/Ali, Steward, DeLaHoya, Hit Man Hearns, Jerry Quarry, Azumah Nelson, Michael Katsidis and many more.

Its the best place to watch for real fight fans.

Proper beer prices, full English plus Shepherd's Pie, Bangers & Mash, Pork chops etc etc.

Edited by JohnnyK
Captain's Bar & GH soi Honey Inn about 100 yards down from soi Buakhow on the south side.

Gerry aka The Captain is a premier fight fan, former resident of Vegas and Detroit where he was a regular at Emanuel Steward's resto.

The bar is festooned with pix of Gerry w/Ali, Steward, DeLaHoya, Hit Man Hearns, Jerry Quarry, Azumah Nelson, Michael Katsidis and many more.

Its the best place to watch for real fight fans.

Proper beer prices, full English plus Shepherd's Pie, Bangers & Mash, Pork chops etc etc.

Wow sounds great. I will seek the place out.

Thank you.

I would imagine the fight being sometime between 4am-6am unless they delay it in the UK for the USA market?

Isn't the US market the reason the fight is taking place there? :bigsmile:

Pattaya is 14 hours ahead of LV so a 4 a.m. - 6 a.m. start in LOS would be 2 p.m. - 4 p.m. in Las vegas.

Edited by CheshireTom

Would not fancy being in Phil if Pacquiao loses. He is a National hero there(rightfully so IMHO) and I reckon there will riots in the street again if he gets done over and the FLB band will probably have a few nights off in mourning. :thumbup

Sorry cannt help OP with the time of the fight.

:bigsmile:

Isn't the US market the reason the fight is taking place there? <huh

Pattaya is 14 hours ahead of LV so a 4 a.m. - 6 a.m. start in LOS would be 2 p.m. - 4 p.m. in Las vegas.

Hey my bad, someone mentioned to me that it was being fought in Manchester?

Fooked if I know when its on then <huh

Theres normally an under card which has four or five fights on it.

U.K time start is around 4-5 am in the morning.

I have made the mistake of staying up all night with Hammer thinking the fight started at 8 am sharp Thai time ...the fight did not start untill 12 ...and Ricky got put on his arse.

This should be a good fight if your up and about for 10 am Thai time you will 100% see the fight.

So that'll be a 10am start in LOS? :beer
As someone else said there will be some B matches that probably drag on an hour or six. But to watch the whole programme, Las Vegas is GMT -8, Thailand you should know, how to add together, well you should know that too. If you come up with -1 hour difference, ask some of your mates to help you, if you can get them to stop giggling at the lonesome guys wearing wigs!. :clap1 Edited by jacko

I watched PacMan-DLH and Moseley-Margarito at The Captain's and the telecast began at 10am wth 2 or 3 prelims then the nain event around 11am.

Wow sounds great. I will seek the place out.

Thank you.

You're welcome, its always a pleasure to share good places. If you go tell The Captain John from Canada tipped you off. Enjoy the fight.

Sheanagins on Second Road, the Avenues Mall is a great venue to watch sports, including Boxing.

There isn't a huge boxing fan base but with Hatton, will be a good crowd.

He does his best to get it. Good breakfast and nice place. One Hatton fight was a problem but something out of his control, computers etc.. Pay per View never been a problem!

Regarding the time, I will go look now for the odds, but check with the bookies. The way it usually works, they have a fixed time for the main event. Then have the undercard and depending how it goes, fill in later or lead up to the main event.

I will be out of town, on a bus to Issan, but hope you enjoy the fight. A great match up.

Nok

LIGHT WELTERWEIGHT FIGHT - 12 ROUNDS

LAS VEGAS, NEVADA - PPV

BOXING- May-2

RICKY HATTON + 195

MANNY PACQUIAO -255

It indicates 10pm, but not clear if EST or Vegas time. Who do you like?

Edited by NokTang
Sheanagins on Second Road, the Avenues Mall is a great venue to watch sports, including Boxing.

There isn't a huge boxing fan base but with Hatton, will be a good crowd.

He does his best to get it. Good breakfast and nice place. One Hatton fight was a problem but something out of his control, computers etc.. Pay per View never been a problem!

Regarding the time, I will go look now for the odds, but check with the bookies. The way it usually works, they have a fixed time for the main event. Then have the undercard and depending how it goes, fill in later or lead up to the main event.

I will be out of town, on a bus to Issan, but hope you enjoy the fight. A great match up.

Nok

LIGHT WELTERWEIGHT FIGHT - 12 ROUNDS

LAS VEGAS, NEVADA - PPV

BOXING- May-2

RICKY HATTON + 195

MANNY PACQUIAO -255

It indicates 10pm, but not clear if EST or Vegas time. Who do you like?

Thanks. What does the +195 and -255 mean?

geoff

I watched Ricky batter Mayweather :bigsmile: in the Rising sun on soi 13/1 Yamato, they also do a decent brekkie. That fight started about 11 am, but I am not sure if the BST/GMT makes any difference with thai-USA times, best get to the bar at 10 am and have a good fry up.

Just make sure that you don't have to kick a hottie out of bed just to watch some boxing :bow

It will be in the am in Thailand. Telecast at 10, main event about 11 depending on how far the prelims go.

geoff

I watched Ricky batter Mayweather :rotflmao in the Rising sun on soi 13/1 Yamato, they also do a decent brekkie. That fight started about 11 am, but I am not sure if the BST/GMT makes any difference with thai-USA times, best get to the bar at 10 am and have a good fry up.

Just make sure that you don't have to kick a hottie out of bed just to watch some boxing

Yes PBF had to retire after that thrashin'

geoff

I watched Ricky batter Mayweather :bigsmile: in the Rising sun on soi 13/1 Yamato, they also do a decent brekkie. That fight started about 11 am, but I am not sure if the BST/GMT makes any difference with thai-USA times, best get to the bar at 10 am and have a good fry up.

Just make sure that you don't have to kick a hottie out of bed just to watch some boxing :bigsmile:

Yes Hatton had a bit of bad luck in that fight - Mayweather turned up :bigsmile:

Manny is a 255 to 100 favorite. You put down 255 to win 100. (get back 355 if he wins)

Ricky is a 100 to 195 underdog. You put down 100 and win 195. (get back 295 if he wins)

The spread is how the bookie makes his/her money in the big picture.

There are many more lines to bet and enjoy. Search the web sites, easy to do. Cheers. Nok

Manny is a 255 to 100 favorite. You put down 255 to win 100. (get back 355 if he wins)

Ricky is a 100 to 195 underdog. You put down 100 and win 195. (get back 295 if he wins)

The spread is how the bookie makes his/her money in the big picture.

There are many more lines to bet and enjoy. Search the web sites, easy to do. Cheers. Nok

Thanks.