Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

And do it all again on the way back. Sounds great. :unsure:
I am surprised at the £30 return on the train.

Paid over $60 to get to Newcastle from Manchester and that was a limited ticket.

Ah yes, dragging suitcases up and down the London Underground escalators, happy days from my past, emphasis on past.

Edited by jacko
I am surprised at the £30 return on the train.

Paid over $60 to get to Newcastle from Manchester and that was a limited ticket.

Ah yes, dragging suitcases up and down the London Underground escalators, happy days from my past, emphasis on past.

that is a different route and train company.no cheap tickets on that route.

Advance tickets with East Coast ?

If you plan 12 weeks ahead you can get them at that price easily.

Well, 3 months in advance is a bit of a stretch for me, I normally don't book flights that far in advance. A trip to visit a pal in Newcastle shouldn't take a year of planning.......

Price does it for me. Was looking on their website comparing prices a few months back for economy flights. Thought they had a competitive price. Then realized the price was just one way, double it for a return trip. Errr no thanks. About £250 more than Eva Air. I'm only 10/15 minutes from Heathrow so it's very convenient for me.

Price does it for me. Was looking on their website comparing prices a few months back for economy flights. Thought they had a competitive price. Then realized the price was just one way, double it for a return trip. Errr no thanks. About £250 more than Eva Air. I'm only 10/15 minutes from Heathrow so it's very convenient for me.

So we have people saying BA prices are well over what the competition are charging and then we have BA cabin crew trying to maintain their £35,000PA (average) - I think a reality check is required !

Maybe by trying to get a pay rise now, the BA staff are hoping to get a higher percentage of salary payout if BA fold?

Which ironically could be because of staff greed?

Staff demand more money.

Airline has to raise fares to maintain margins.

Customers dont use airline because of stupid prices.

Smaller profits so airline cuts services and staff.

Staff demand large separation packages.

Management have to quit because of unhappy shareholders but they get ridiculous payouts and live happily ever after.

Yep, this is a good business model!

I have flown with BA for the last few times from Australia. They were the cheapest and were the same price as QANTAS and I think QUANTAS is shit and will only fly with them as a last resort. I found BA not bad and the cabin staff must have a lot of experience and must be close to retirement.

Tom, next time I would really, really suggest using Singapore Airlines instead if you can.

I have flown Thai 3 times, Jetstar once (never again) and Singapore once. I thought Singapore was by far the better airline. Only they don't fly direct to BKK.

At the moment Singapore are far more expensive than Thai, and I'm looking at a January flight and there are specials from anyone at the moment.

Edited by wonder6281