Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I read with interest the deals and prices all of us have to negotiate to fly to LOS.

It's not an exact science but most regular travellers are pretty good at sniffing out good deals.

What I do notice is the very few BM's from the UK seem to use BA as their prefered carrier. In fact anything but.

Mind you the last few times I used them I wasnt impressed with their customer service.

So what are the reasons BA are avoided like the plague?

Edited by ozijeff
I read with interest the deals and prices all of us have to negotiate to fly to LOS.

It's not an exact science but most regular travellers are pretty good at sniffing out good deals.

What I do notice is the very few BM's from the UK seem to use BA as their prefered carrier. In fact anything but.

Mind you the last few times I used them I wasnt impressed with their customer service.

Heathrow......

IMHO... They suck, the cabin crews suck, the ground staff sucks and the manager at JFK sucks. They also lie and don't hold up to their promises. Oh and they suck big fat donkey dick.

I actually did not show up on the final leg of a BA flight and used a voucher I had with another airline so that I never had to look the another BA employee again. Yes, stupid of me, but I was so pissed off at the time that I didn't give a fuck.

i agree ba expensive,but why do people slag off heathrow,we have had no probs there,it is better than paying £7 a pint at dubai and £6 a pint at paris charles de gaull.

Heathrow......

Nothing wrong with Heathrow IMO.

We are all just passing through nothing more ?

Whats wrong with BA is that you sit in a 31 inch seat pitch for 11/12 hours in economy and thats why I would never pay full fare on them. :D

I've travelled with BA and Quantas a 2 or 3 times when their direct flight prices have been competitive.

Each time I have asked myself why I didn't book with another airline service or even save money with a stop off somewhere.

I remember the Quantas flight was the worst. A domineering head steward I quote " You must all now recline your seats and sleep"

The last BA flight I didn't see a single female member of the cabin crew. Mind you the men all minced very prettily.

Thai aircraft may be a bit old but the service is much friendlier.

i agree ba expensive,but why do people slag off heathrow,we have had no probs there,it is better than paying £7 a pint at dubai and £6 a pint at paris charles de gaull.

I don't go to the airport based on the beer.

Heathrow may be better if you arrive from the London area, but I would need to transit from a Manchester shuttle.

Heathrow is a miserable, crowded, hotch potch of extensions and security checks staffed by people with attitude and poor English skills.

I have been delayed, held hostage on aircraft, lied to, bustled, made to stand in long lines multiple times, forced to walk miles, squashed onto little busses, had to walk in pouring rain, flight cancellations...had to collect suitcases and repeat security unnecessarily.....the jetway doesn't work, the gates are full, it is expensive and the Hopper busses suck too.

Not only my thoughts...

T5 was going to be the answer, but the BA Bangkok flights don't leave from there!

Singapore, Hong Kong, Schiphol and even Bangkok all work better.

Edited by jacko
I don't go to the airport based on the beer.

Heathrow may be better if you arrive from the London area, but I would need to transit from a Manchester shuttle.

Heathrow is a miserable, crowded, hotch potch of extensions and security checks staffed by people with attitude and poor English skills.

I have been delayed, held hostage on aircraft, lied to, bustled, made to stand in long lines multiple times, forced to walk miles, squashed onto little busses, had to walk in pouring rain, flight cancellations...had to collect suitcases and repeat security unnecessarily.....the jetway doesn't work, the gates are full, it is expensive and the Hopper busses suck too.

Not only my thoughts...

T5 was going to be the answer, but the BA Bangkok flights don't leave from there!

Singapore, Hong Kong, Schiphol and even Bangkok all work better.

Agreed, I live in Kent but getting to Heathrow by public transport is still a pig ( especially recently with the london underground direct link out of action)

Going by car is also fraught with the problems that occur occasionally n the M25. Its no fun being in a 3 hour tail back trying to make a flight check in time

we get the train from durham to kings cross £30 return.tube direct from kings cross to heathrow,very simple.as for probs at airport,we must have been very lucky.london is expensive,but not as expensive as a lot of other places,my opinion only.

we get the train from durham to kings cross £30 return.tube direct from kings cross to heathrow,very simple.as for probs at airport,we must have been very lucky.london is expensive,but not as expensive as a lot of other places,my opinion only.

And do it all again on the way back. Sounds great. :unsure:

I go from near you, but travel free on train.

Tube is easy, like you say, jump on, give it an hour or so, and you're there.

If i have a good few hours before flying i stop off at that pub just outside Kings Cross down the side of the Premier Inn and opposite Tesco. Same price beer as up here.

They have a slogon " The worlds favourite Airline" its a loads of bollocks,( maybe in the 1970s in the costa del sol tours) they want to strike because the cabin crew are going to be reduced giving an even shittier service !

By the way Continental airlines are shit also, only company with trolley dollies in their fifties and wider than the isles

i allways travel on Emirates, in flight service is good, entertainment good and now that new A380 airbus is brilliant

airbus.bmp

Edited by berettakid

I booked with BA in 2006 and flew from T4 at Heathrow I chose the Qantas flight for the outbound and have to say the service was excellent plus it was the first time I had been on a plane with VOD. They even checked my bag all the way through to Phuket. The return leg wasn't quite as good as the BA 747 was older so no VOD but everything else was great.

I only booked as I go a very good price.

T4 is a nice terminal a lot better than T3.

All my flights to Thailand have been from Heathrow and yes it can be busy but I always make sure I have plenty of time.

BA have 4 classes on their international flights. First, Business, World Traveller Plus and World Traveller. World Traveller Plus is like Eva's premium economy and is OK but too expensive. World Traveller, fourth class, is the worst cattle class I've ever experienced and I've flown on many airlines including charters. That's why I avoid BA.

That's the Heathrow Express. The premium service . I f you go from another station such as Victoria using the stanbdard tube service you will find that maintenance work has been going on for at least the last 9 months and that you have to catch a bus part of the way. Bloody awful journey

Used them once and was disgusted by the way in which I was treated. They'll never get my money again.