Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 346 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Footballers salary

Wrong, assuming you do not have a financial interest in them. It is none of your business what somebody pays someone else if you have no direct interest.

Following your local football club is something that lasts for generations. Dad takes son, son takes son..... If you happen to live near a small team like mine, it is still affordable. If your local team is in the EPL, it isn't.

I live in West London and have a few friends who used to support Chelsea, or Arsenal..... but now come to my club because it is cheaper.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Want to talk serious dosh?

Manny Pacquiao - $23,000,000 for barely breaking a sweat putting Ricky Hatton away in 5'59".

$64,066.65 per second.

Want to talk serious dosh?

Manny Pacquiao - $23,000,000 for barely breaking a sweat putting Ricky Hatton away in 5'59".

$64,066.65 per second.

And times it by what you like if he fights Mayweather.

In a way a top boxer is just like an actor. He will get paid the amount of cash the PPV generates.

Like I say I don’t blame the players, but what does get me is when a run of the mill player from Africa, Scandanavia etc etc comes over and is the 25th foreigner in the squad.

70,000 and 50,000 pound a week is ludicrous.Nobody but nobody deserves payment at that level.

Well... obviously they do, otherwise no one would pay it to them. I think the only certain statement is that you personally would not pay anyone such money, ever. Heck, neither would I, maybe. But I'd take it and I would deserve it exactly and ONLY because someone volunteered to give it to me.

Well... obviously they do, otherwise no one would pay it to them. I think the only certain statement is that you personally would not pay anyone such money, ever. Heck, neither would I, maybe. But I'd take it and I would deserve it exactly and ONLY because someone volunteered to give it to me.

Joe,

NO they don't deserve it.

The club is obliged to pay just to maintain the status quo.The players if denied an already obscene amount will just move to another club bankrolled by an individual who doesn't care about the cost but wants the prestige.

Doesn't mean the players deserve it whatsoever.

Joe,

NO they don't deserve it.

The problem here is that no one died and left you in charge of deciding who deserves stuff.

LOGICALLY speaking, I suppose you don't "deserve" happy hour or lower air fares, or higher ones either. But to me, if someone can bargain a wage or a service or any kind of discount then he deserves it. And I have the same standing to declare that as you, until the Deserve Fairy dies.

The problem here is that no one died and left you in charge of deciding who deserves stuff.

LOGICALLY speaking, I suppose you don't "deserve" happy hour or lower air fares, or higher ones either. But to me, if someone can bargain a wage or a service or any kind of discount then he deserves it. And I have the same standing to declare that as you, until the Deserve Fairy dies.

Joe,

Could you translate that into English ??

Once again the question was are footballers paid too much, and my response is yes.

Once again the question was are footballers paid too much, and my response is yes.

Once again, my response is: How come you get to decide? You're not paying, you're not playing, why should we believe you?

Once again, my response is: How come you get to decide? You're not paying, you're not playing, why should we believe you?

I will turn the question around.

Do you Joe think premiership footballers (or your yankee counterparts) deserve 100k a week for kicking a piece of leather around a field ??

Its a simple yes or no-not a debate about the fact that some Sheik from Abu Dhabi will cough up any amount of dosh for the prestige of owning a very big loss making club.

I'm with Joe. If people are stupid enough to pay..... are we really talking about football? Sounds like a gerzillion other threads on here (yes they are paid too much - especially Kieron Dyer [see OP] cos he's shite aka nearly always injured and totally ineffectual when playing.....Owen is as well, just in case we're gonna get ethnologistical like Bushcraft's having to put up with).

I think they should get 1K baht max for the first half and 1.5K baht if they play the full match. Bonuses for scoring "goals" of course. And why not for "special tackles in the box"?

Up late again

Andy Cap

Edited by capdagde
I'm with Joe. If people are stupid enough to pay..... are we really talking about football? Sounds like a gerzillion other threads on here (yes they are paid too much - especially Kieron Dyer [see OP] cos he's shite aka nearly always injured and totally ineffectual when playing.....Owen is as well, just in case we're gonna get ethnologistical like Bushcraft's having to put up with).

I think they should get 1K baht max for the first half and 1.5K baht if they play the full match. Bonuses for scoring "goals" of course. And why not for "special tackles in the box"?

Up late again

Andy Cap

FFS Andy,

You're totally missing the point-its not a question "if people are stupid enough to pay" The days of gate money on match days covering the clubs costs are well gone.Financial ruin beckons because of the greed.

The clubs have no choice but to pay ludicrous amounts (agreed Kieron Dyer) to just try and keep up with the mainstream.

They cant afford it so vast resources have to be plowed into commercial ventures and sponsorship etc to try and generate enough cash to pay these ludicrous wages.

Frank Lampard is now getting as a basic wage in just one week what David Cameron (new PM for non Brits) gets in the entire year !

FFS Andy,

You're totally missing the point-its not a question "if people are stupid enough to pay" The days of gate money on match days covering the clubs costs are well gone.Financial ruin beckons because of the greed.

The clubs have no choice but to pay ludicrous amounts (agreed Kieron Dyer) to just try and keep up with the mainstream.

They cant afford it so vast resources have to be plowed into commercial ventures and sponsorship etc to try and generate enough cash to pay these ludicrous wages.

Frank Lampard is now getting as a basic wage in just one week what David Cameron (new PM for non Brits) gets in the entire year !

FFS Chivas,

My dad (RIP) took me to Darlo every second Saturday and sometimes on evenings during the week although my mam wasn't in favour. We were TOP last year and money f*cked up everything, points deducted by the faceless mandarins, no promotion, and they had to go out onto Neasham Road on the first day of the season, stop cars and ask if anyone fancied a game. Result non-league football. Bitter? Like a lemon, my friend!

Andy

Edited by capdagde
FFS Chivas,

My dad (RIP) took me to Darlo every second Saturday and sometimes on evenings during the week although my mam wasn't in favour. We were TOP last year and money f*cked up everything, points deducted by the faceless mandarins, no promotion, and they had to go out onto Neasham Road on the first day of the season, stop cars and ask if anyone fancied a game. Result non-league football. Bitter? Like a lemon, my friend!

Andy

Well lets agree to disagree !

Whatever the true reasons of Darlingtons demise, money or lack of it was probably top of the pile.

Its a simple yes or no-not a debate about the fact that some Sheik from Abu Dhabi will cough up any amount of dosh for the prestige of owning a very big loss making club.

Simply, "yes". OF COURSE yes.

The trouble with this whole thread is weaseling. "Deserve" has nothing to do with it. So let me ask you a question that demands a simple yes-or-no answer, no debate.

Do you think you are somehow ENTITLED to look for a job and take salary into consideration as a condition for taking that job?

Well this is amusing. You missed your own point. It's not a question (YOU claim) if someone is able and willing to pay, or not. It's simply a question of whether a man able to kick footballs better than you MIGHT be paid more than you to do so.

Cameron went into the wrong business, or else he can't kick a football for spit. Or both. Hard cheese for him.

Edited by joekicker
Well lets agree to disagree !

Whatever the true reasons of Darlingtons demise, money or lack of it was probably top of the pile.

Well I'm agreeing with you then, innit? What was your question? I already replied to the OP. And if people (Emiratis or Icelanders) are daft enough to pay...

AC

Ask yourself why the Emirates has 3+ airlines - Gulf, Emirates, and Etihad - "the official airline fo the United Arab Emirates" (is there still a Sharjah Airlines?) - Qatar is not in the UAE BTW. Golf courses in the 80's, airlines in the 90's, Brit football teams in the 0's. Big boys' toys aka how big is your dick....

Edited by capdagde
Simply, "yes". OF COURSE yes.

Do you think you are somehow ENTITLED to look for a job and take salary into consideration as a condition for taking that job?

Yes - but that does not alter the fact that footballers are hugely overpaid for working on average 30 days a year.

Yes - but that does not alter the fact that footballers are hugely overpaid for working on average 30 days a year.

They don't work 30 days a year. They go to a decision-making conference 30 times a year, but they go to work every day. Not that I'm counting.

But the only actual FACT in this is that they are not overpaid any more than I am or you are. There are more than 6 billion people in this world who believe or would believe if told that I am overpaid, given what I do and what I receive to do it. But the FACT is I'm not overpaid because it's the deal I worked to get, and got. And I'm working to get more. The fact I can't kick a football for xhit is neither here nor there. It's as crazy to pick on footballers as black presidents, Brazilian arms dealers or Asian rice traders. They get what they have negotiated, nothing unfair or undeserved about it.

They don't work 30 days a year. They go to a decision-making conference 30 times a year, but they go to work every day. Not that I'm counting.

But the only actual FACT in this is that they are not overpaid any more than I am or you are. There are more than 6 billion people in this world who believe or would believe if told that I am overpaid, given what I do and what I receive to do it. But the FACT is I'm not overpaid because it's the deal I worked to get, and got. And I'm working to get more. The fact I can't kick a football for xhit is neither here nor there. It's as crazy to pick on footballers as black presidents, Brazilian arms dealers or Asian rice traders. They get what they have negotiated, nothing unfair or undeserved about it.

Yeah you're right Joe - Go and get some kip :beer Your talent is wasted on this forum.

Have you ever considered taking up a career in politics :beer

Edited by Chivas
And times it by what you like if he fights Mayweather.

In a way a top boxer is just like an actor. He will get paid the amount of cash the PPV generates.

Like I say I don’t blame the players, but what does get me is when a run of the mill player from Africa, Scandanavia etc etc comes over and is the 25th foreigner in the squad.

Kind of like Arsenal's squad a few years back-no Brit starters.

In 1930, with the Great Depression well under way, Babe Ruth made more money than then-President Herbert Hoover.

He was asked how come he made more than the Pres of the USA.

"I had a better year than he did," quoth The Babe.

Right now David Cameron is a rookie. Frank Lampard is a proven player.

If a player brings in the viewers by winning championships etc then of course he is worth it. The real problem isn't the cost of talent as one baseball exec said, "It's the high price of mediocrity." Like people no one ever heard of getting 70K quid a week.

For those who whinge how terrible it is, if you were offered 3X your present salary would you acept it or turn it down saying, "I'm not worth that much"? Of course not, your friends woudn't want to be seen with a fool.

Edited by JohnnyK

I think the top drawer players deserve top dollar ,£70-120k P/W is reasonable in my opinion.Why not ,how long does a top players career last ,12 years?

For me the likes of Gerrard,Rooney ,Torres,Messi,Xabi,are worth this sort of pay ,some of the Chelski wannabees on this kind of money are pushing it! Rio Ferdinand is way over paid.

I think the top drawer players deserve top dollar ,£70-120k P/W is reasonable in my opinion.Why not ,how long does a top players career last ,12 years?

For me the likes of Gerrard,Rooney ,Torres,Messi,Xabi,are worth this sort of pay ,some of the Chelski wannabees on this kind of money are pushing it! Rio Ferdinand is way over paid.

:rolleyes: complete BOLLOX :lol: 12 years at 70-120k per week is fuckin obscene :beer

:rolleyes: complete BOLLOX :lol: 12 years at 70-120k per week is fuckin obscene :beer

Well it's better than ripping off frail/infirm/mentally/infirm/unstable/retards for £300 for a screw on a gable end.(insert some emoticons to match here)

Now now, they do report for training you know.

It is likely a full week for them during the season. With training and behaviour restrictions... although getting the summer off is nice. :rolleyes:

Edited by jacko
although getting the summer off is nice. D

Yeah, but these days, most of these guys probably work OUT in the summer, if not precisely work. Staying in shape for 2010 pro sports is pretty much a full-time thing.