Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

What American Type Food Available?

Living in the Philippines, but coming to Pattaya on Jan 12th for first visit and was wondering what American type food is available.

Don't like the local food here, but we do have the following:

KFC

Mc Donald's

Burger King

Pizza Hut

Shakey's Pizza

Cinnabun

Krispy Kreme

TGIF

Thanks

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They don't really care what you eat, some members here just get a thrill out of taking a stab at an American. Ignore them....not worth responding to

Pathetic to want food from home? Are you serious? I call it comfort food. I often have breakfast at Tigglebitties, it being the only place in Pattaya to have a real American breakfast. Mikes is go

Posted Images

... was wondering what American type food is available.

Hi

You can find in Pattaya at least that :

- KFC

- Mc Donald's

- Burger King

- Pizza Hut

... but only Americans will call "food" what you find there... :rolleyes:

You have several Italian or French restaurants too if you want some good food... :whistling:

Plenty of americans come to pattaya and mmange to keep up their 6,000,000 calorie a day diet

Macdonalds

Pizza hut

Subway

Sizzler

KFC

Burger King

Wendys

are all here plus no shortage of Tex mex restaurants or places that will serve you meat ,fries and coke

Plenty of americans come to pattaya and mmange to keep up their 6,000,000 calorie a day diet

Macdonalds

Pizza hut

Subway

Sizzler

KFC

Burger King

Wendys

are all here plus no shortage of Tex mex restaurants or places that will serve you meat ,fries and coke

Ok, so where's the Wendy's at?

Not forgetting

AW

Mister Donut

and various local copies of American chains.

All pretty dire and well over-priced, except the Sizzler salad bar which I quite like and which doesn't taste at all American. I never have the main courses though.

:banghead is it just me??????? like when Reginald and Beryl went to Spain and looked for fish and chips and jellied eels.

How about going to an exotic country with some of the most exciting food in the world, shagging beautiful exotic girls and finishing it all off with a burger, apple pie and ice cream and a root beer ^_^ If you are brave enough to fuck something under 200 pounds in weight, how about forsaking chips, burgers and icecream for a few days and experience something else a bit new.

I think the OP would be better off asking for the locations and availability of "American fast food chain food", which is, thankfully, not the same thing as American food in general.

Subs N Suds (Soi Yamato?) has a great menu of American style "fast" foods too...things like meatball subs, patty melts, Philly cheese steaks.

I've lived here permanently for over 6 years, and I can count the number of times I have been to any of the above-mentioned food outlets on my fingers.

Living in the Philippines, but coming to Pattaya on Jan 12th for first visit and was wondering what American type food is available.

Don't like the local food here, but we do have the following:

KFC

Mc Donald's

Burger King

Pizza Hut

Shakey's Pizza

Cinnabun

Krispy Kreme

TGIF

Thanks

If that's what you call food then I feel real sorry for you.

Some posters missed the point that I am living in the Philippines. I am NOT coming from the States. Sorry, I miss American type food, even the food from the fast food places.

I wasn't criticizing what others eat; so, why criticize what I like to eat.

I have never understood why some people like to attack the Poster. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it.

BTW, being from Texas, I love Tex-Mex food. Someone mentioned tex-mex places. Please tell me the names and locations.

Some posters missed the point that I am living in the Philippines. I am NOT coming from the States. Sorry, I miss American type food, even the food from the fast food places.

I have never understood why some people like to attack the Poster. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it.

BTW, being from Texas, I love Tex-Mex food. Someone mentioned tex-mex places. Please tell me the names and locations.

Tex Mex....Sam's in Jomtien, Mike's Jomtien, and Tequila Reef, Pattaya Soi 7

So you are saying there are no KFC's, Mc Donald's, Burger King's and Pizza Hut's in Philippines? :banghead

Subs N Suds (Soi Yamato?) has a great menu of American style "fast" foods too...things like meatball subs, patty melts, Philly cheese steaks.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but unless they just moved, they are closed down. Tried going a couple times a couple weeks ago and they were closed up tight. :/

Frosty

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but unless they just moved, they are closed down. Tried going a couple times a couple weeks ago and they were closed up tight. :/

Frosty

Oh, that is bad news.

They don't really care what you eat, some members here just get a thrill out of taking a stab at an American. Ignore them....not worth responding to :banghead

• Downvote 1

Eat what you like, but if this is your first visit to Thailand, you've got to at least try a few Thai dishes. I'm sure you will find a few things you will like.

So you are saying there are no KFC's, Mc Donald's, Burger King's and Pizza Hut's in Philippines? :banghead

Alf, he misses the USA cooking, don't you miss Aussie cooking at times... :clueless

Alf, he misses the USA cooking, don't you miss Aussie cooking at times... :banghead

Not really.

However, from his post he gives the impression that coming from the Philippines he is missing "American type food" and that none of the food outlets he's enquiring about are available to him in the Philippines .................

"Some posters missed the point that I am living in the Philippines. I am NOT coming from the States. Sorry, I miss American type food, even the food from the fast food places."

They don't really care what you eat, some members here just get a thrill out of taking a stab at an American. Ignore them....not worth responding to :banghead

dont cast me in that role i just think it's pathetic to live overseas and hanker for home food, for most its called growing up.

I'm surprised. I spent a lot of time in Manila 20 - 30 years ago and I found the food to be heavily americanized even then. I admit that wasn't necessarily a bad thing because local Pinoy dishes generally didnt have the flavour that Thai food has.

You certainly wont be disappointed in Pattaya as there is absolutely no shortage of American style food and even so-called "international" things tend to be more American than anything else (bread with sugar and milk powder in, very sweet soft drinks and juices, sweet BBQ sauces, ham and weiners for breakfast).

Best ribs in town...IMHO...Cafe New Orleans...think it's on soi 13/3...across from Palmers and next to the most dire bar in town the Shamrock...steaks fab as well...great baked potatos too.... a bit pricey though...ribs and flank steak platter will run you approx 500b with drink...tip xtra...but when you just have to have it...this is the place :banghead