Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Well I did it last year in Pattaya and had a blast. Love Songkran and I think Pattay is at the top of the list for Songkran.

Can't beat buying the blocks of ice and such and it's drive up service...Now that being said I avoided

Soi2 thru Soi13 and Walking Streat and Beach Road....I stayed well away from all those areas. Ventured only once on beach road

and took forever to get anywhere... Stay away from those areas during the day time

and I think you will have a good time..

It is utterly infantile and selfish.... truly Thai exaggerated by farang imbeciles.

Worst 10 days in Patts.

This will be my 1st Songkran in the 8 years that i have been visiting Thailand ,I understand April 19th Bell Travel will not operate that day due to songkran Holiday in Pattaya, I was just wondering how out of control is it, and is it a good time to fly to Philippians which i also have not yet visited or head to issan Knon Kean.
Songkran is meant to run for a fews days in most parts of Thailand.. But in Pattaya is worse as it runs well over a week, mainly a tourist thing. It's all about money. It can be dangerous on the road, getting infected by dirty water is not good, laptops, cameras & phones need to be protected to avoid water damage, being attacked by drunken locals & tourists alike and some shops are closed over this period...It's neverending even at night they still thow water at you.. I know a few locals who get out od Dodge at this time of year. Nevertheless the last day is the best as they closed Beach Road just to party.. It can be a good time, it's up to you..Once is enough for me..

dont think so ................ slightly different culture/local belifes where some district have them the main day on 18,19 or 20th.

I have to agree with everything posted so far.

I will add that Bangkok is a bit less crazy and there seems to be more respect shown after dark, although it is possible to get wet, depends on where you go.

Taxi Meter is cheap and dry transportation. It's possible to exit your hotel into a taxi and pull up in front of an indoor bar or restaurant and not get wet, or just get sprayed a little.

As long as you stay out of the Falang dominated areas you MIGHT find that if you ask someone not to get you wet they will go easy on you, then again it's up to them.

If you want to take part in or watch shirtless male Falangs trying to kill each other with putrid water just head over to Nana.

Kao San Road is also pretty entertaining and the festivities go on all night... be prepared for a crowd, and I mean a big one. Even though it's nuts, there is a bit more respect, even from Falangs.

Songkran in Bangkok will be shut down by day 4, most of it over by the end of day 3 (if memory serves me...).

Some parts of the city are very quiet as many locals head to the countryside to visit family and wash grandma's feet.

Remember one thing if you go, YOU WILL GET WET and if that's going to bother you, change your plans. Even though Falangs have ruined it, it's still the Thai tradition to throw water and have lots of fun.

If you want to take part in or watch shirtless male Falangs trying to kill each other with putrid water just head over to Nana.

Kao San Road is also pretty entertaining and the festivities go on all night... be prepared for a crowd, and I mean a big one. Even though it's nuts, there is a bit more respect, even from Falangs.

If you want to see songkran down kao san .......get your place in the bar early , you will soon lose it ......if only going for a piss .....it gets mobed down that soi .

Used to be my fave .....but i am an old kunty now :clueless

Kao San is amazing , well it was before i became serious .........have fun like i did , its fookin amazin guys , i well recommend :D

For me Songkran is the worst time of the year in Pattaya. I always do what many Pattaya expats do during Songkran and head for Angeles City in the Philippines. One year one of the AC bars even had a huge banner out front that read, "Welcome Songkran Refugees" :kissing .

1 day is enough. Never again for me.

I lasted 2 days before deciding that enough was enough. I now flee to elsewhere in SE Asia during Pattaya Songkran. It's a great time to explore where the wanker tourists are not.

For me Songkran is the worst time of the year in Pattaya. I always do what many Pattaya expats do during Songkran and head for Angeles City in the Philippines. One year one of the AC bars even had a huge banner out front that read, "Welcome Songkran Refugees" :thumbup .

When I get old and grumpy I will probably do the same. But I will not go to A.C. Although it could use a good Songkran wash down.

Jack