Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Does anyone know what the going rate for a meter Taxi from Airport to Pattaya is now?

I havent used a meter taxi from bkk-patts for a few years, last time i think it was 1300 baht. there is other options, you can book a taxi and it cost 1000-1100 or you can book the bus which is 200 baht and they drop you off at your hotel.

The advertised price is 1,500 Baht but there's nothing to prevent you agreeing whatever price takes your fancy with one of the scores of drivers lined up on the other side of the payment lanes. As long as the despatchers get their 50 Baht airport fee, they couldn't care less what you pay. It's usually better to target the guys with a decent green/yellow taxi as they are owner/drivers, rather than guys hiring out from one of the taxi cooperatives.

Edited by CheshireTom

From the rank outside the airport, I last paid 1500 baht. I think that included tolls and the 50 baht rank surcharge.

It is a bit of a gamble as one week, the girl on the desk may offer the 'fixed price'... another day they try it on.

Generally the meter is turned off.

My information may be dated as the last 3 or 4 trips I have booked Toom for 1200 baht.

Does anyone know what the going rate for a meter Taxi from Airport to Pattaya is now?

The Limo Pattaya

085-739-4949

The_limopattaya@yahoo.com

Email Eve and she will organise everything. Used them for years and will never try anything different.

B1200 each way. New cars, reliable, good drivers

• 2 weeks later...

I have taken to taking metered taxis (fixed price 1500b) rather than having a pickup scheduled. It's just so much easier than going around looking for my driver, then trudging to the parking garage.

I'll try to get a lower rate than 1500b next time...but I'm usually so tired, I just want to get moving.