Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 302 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

After quite some time and consideration, I've decided to advertise my regular driver's services on this board; she has been complaining for a long time about how slow business is and I asked her when I was there if she'd like me to find her some more customers via my internet contacts, and she agreed.

We - a small circle of friends and I - have been using her for years and she has never let us down. She works out of the airport and makes regular runs to Pattaya and often Hua Hin as well, in addition to taxi service into Bangkok. She drives a late model Camry, speaks passable english and is lots of fun to chat with along the way. Her boss, Nicky, has a few cars and only employs women to drive them, so if Ann cannot make it she will ensure Nicky or one of the other girls will; I've had Nicky pick me up a couple of times and he is a really nice guy. Ann has never been late, in fact she is often much too early and I've often had to make her wait while I packed up and checked out! She knows her way around BKK and Pattaya both quite well and doesn't play the kind of games that the taxi drivers do.

Anyway, here is her contact info and a photo as well - I'm not going to quote prices as I always give her a healthy tip because she has served me so well, so you can discuss pricing with her but I am sure you will find it competitive. I generally e-mail her before I come and she is always there in the airport @Gate 3 meeting area to pick me up.

AnnCard.jpg

800_Ewesilverdollar_jpg.jpg

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll give her service a try when I'm back in LOS.

Then whats the point :P

Every time someone mentions a firm price for anything on this board, every cheap charlie has to chip in with their views on why it's too much, or how much cheaper they can get it, etc etc etc...e-mail her yourself and ask her - better yet, I'll do it and ask her what her rock-bottom price is as that usually seems to be all that anyone is interested in anyway.

Camry=limousine? :grin

She has a "car/taxi" service.You need a limousine for limousine service.

A figure of speech, old boy - just trying to make the point that it is a regular car and not a taxi. In all my trips to Pattaya I have only ever seen one genuine stretched limousine there.

A figure of speech, old boy - just trying to make the point that it is a regular car and not a taxi. In all my trips to Pattaya I have only ever seen one genuine stretched limousine there.

So what is the difference between (a) a regular car, (b ) a taxi, and (c ) a limousine?

I do not know. My guess is that a regular car used as a taxi can be referred to as a taxi. If the car happens to be a top-end model, then it can be referred to as a limousine. So a limousine is just an up-market taxi.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Bazle
So what is the difference between (a) a regular car, (b ) a taxi, and (c ) a limousine?

I do not know. My guess is that a regular car used as a taxi can be referred to as a taxi. If the car happens to be a top-end model, then it can be referred to as a limousine. So a limousine is just an up-market taxi.

Any thoughts?

Over there, I'd say that's an accurate assessment - if I were hiring a big Mercedes or BMW I'd consider it to be a limousine. I guess I should have just said "car for hire" in the original post.

As mentioned, I've only ever seen one real stretched limousine over there, and I can't imagine trying to manoeuver it or park it on some of the tighter sois.

She got right back to me with prices, which are:

Airport to Pattaya - 1000b

BKK to Pattaya or vice versa - 1000b, or 1900 for round trip

BKK to Hua Hin - 2200b

She pays the tolls.

Edited by snowbird

Just to let you all know about a really good taxi service from BKK to Pattaya.

www.pukynovamirage.com I used this site and it is the best I have come across. The attention they give you is first class. The driver has good english and he will stop at a shop for you without any problem not like England and Ireland.

He looked after me in Pattaya when I ever needed a taxi.

Well done to Puky. If I ever go back he's the man to get.

Just to let you all know about a really good taxi service from BKK to Pattaya.

www.pukynovamirage.com I used this site and it is the best I have come across. The attention they give you is first class. The driver has good english and he will stop at a shop for you without any problem not like England and Ireland.

He looked after me in Pattaya when I ever needed a taxi.

Well done to Puky. If I ever go back he's the man to get.

Jebus for 1550baht from swampy to patts the driver would wont to be offering a blowjob as well, how is the deposit actually paid. does one send it regular mail or registered express ?

From Bangkok airport to any where in Pattaya 1550 baht,

equivalent to €38, £30, $54

A deposit of €3.50 is required which we allow 150 baht deductable of the fare.

1,550 baht Total fare.

--150 baht Deposite.

_________

1400 baht You pay the taxi driver.

Jebus for 1550baht from swampy to patts the driver would wont to be offering a blowjob as well,

Considering the vehicle offered at that price is a Fortuner, it's a fairly decent deal, particularly if there are a couple of you with decent sized bags. A smaller "taxi" is offered at 1150 Baht.

http://www.pukynovamirage.com/excuitive_car.html

• Downvote 1

Jebus for 1550baht from swampy to patts the driver would wont to be offering a blowjob as well, how is the deposit actually paid. does one send it regular mail or registered express ?

AFTER YOU FILL OUT YOUR FLIGHT DETAILS IT WILL BRING YOU IN TO THE PAY SECTION. AT LEAST YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOUR GETTING. tHE LAST THING YOU WANT IS TO GET OF A LONG HAUL FLIGHT AND GET INTO A CRAP CAR FOR AN HOUR AND A HALF.

• 1 month later...

Personally I don't mind paying more. If the driver is on time. The car is a late model car with decent tires and looks to be well maintained.

Personally I don't mind paying more. If the driver is on time. The car is a late model car with decent tires and looks to be well maintained.

Yeah I normally get the driver to pop the bonnet while I check the liquid levels and look the service logbook over too. :whistling:
  • 3 weeks later...

Between my wingmen and I we had the pleasure of using Ann's services 6 times in the past month. No one reported any problems with her.

My Thai Air flight arrived 1 hour early from LAX and I was surprised to see Ann waiting for me as promised in waiting area 3. Needed to top off my 1-2 Sim so a quick stop at the 7-11 at the airport and we were off to Pattaya. For my return to the airport Ann was at my hotel 15 minutes before the set time.

Very nice to be able to contact her via email or by phone. Prices are stated earlier in the thread. I highly recommend her car service.

Ishtar

Yeah I normally get the driver to pop the bonnet while I check the liquid levels and look the service logbook over too. whistling

I always carry one of these. It's simple, and you never know when one of these lazy drivers will let the pressure drop below the acceptable threshold, eh?

tyregauge.jpg

I always carry one of these. It's simple, and you never know when one of these lazy drivers will let the pressure drop below the acceptable threshold, eh?

tyregauge.jpg

Yes one of those, with an up-to-date calibration sticker on it and a coin with any date on it to check the tread depth.