Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Hi guys will I have write down streets for the taxi drivers? Do they speak some English?  On the bus will I have to do the same? Is communication easy, hard? Just wandering how it will be..from reading it is hit and miss with the girls, I don't know what to expect with traveling on public trans. restaurants ect.  Thank you for any help!!

Ramster, you will have no problem getting around.  Find a map on a Pattaya website and print it.  The people in the tourist industry will speak some english, writing down stuff in english may not help you out, as the Thai people read and write thai.  The street signs are in english.

The restaurants menus are written english, and have pictures, you will certainly not starve.

The baht bus is the form of public transportation, catch a bus that is pointing in the direction that you are going to and just say the name of the place ex: mike mall and they will take you there, for 10 baht.

Sorry, but bar girl discussion is not OK on this part of the forum, join the members side.  ;) M_H

Get a free map from your hotel. Ask for a business card from your hotel that has the address in Thai. Make sure the driver turns the meter on.

" the signs are in english"

Yes, in most of Pattaya and parts of bkk the signs are in English, particularly the Sukumvik area (the falang guetto) but get yourself a good map if you plan to wander afar without a pooying along to keep the taxi meter pointed right.  And don't count on the young & inexperienced girls to know shit about the streets.  Some never wander far from their route between their squalid apartment and the bar/go-go.  

bk,

Your experinece is much different than mine.  Many thai who have an eduation can read and write english much better than speak it.

-- Steve

• 6 years later...

There is no need to worry at all as there are many peoples who do speak english and even the street name and restaurant menu are in english too, so you won't find that much difficulty with that. The best thing in Pattaya is , that you will find best taxi service which will make you reach your destination very easily.

Whatever a rond is I want to get one too

:clueless

I just bought another one, I lost the first, I left it lying arond.

Whatever a rond is I want to get one too

;)

A ROND is so out of fashion nowadays, i had one back in December 2003, got one for Christmas when they were all the rage...

Got rid of it a few years back!!

:thumbup

Edited by farman