Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Hi There

looking for a flight brom Manchester to Bangkok in either September or Octrober, ethiad seem the cheapest but nexver flown with them before, what are they like would prefer Emirates or Quatar but they are far more expensive, anyone on got any cheaper flight sources hidden away anywhere ?

Would be grateful for any current information as the last time I ent to the LOS was 2004.

Many thanks in anticipation of your help.

Pat

Hi There

looking for a flight brom Manchester to Bangkok in either September or Octrober, ethiad seem the cheapest but nexver flown with them before, what are they like would prefer Emirates or Quatar but they are far more expensive, anyone on got any cheaper flight sources hidden away anywhere ?

Would be grateful for any current information as the last time I ent to the LOS was 2004.

Many thanks in anticipation of your help.

Pat

I always use Etihad and from Man to BKK excellent airline better than Quatar or Emirates in my opinnion I booked a couple of weeks ago for nov and they were the best value.

Go with the cheapest between Emirates, Ethiad and Qatar.

They are all good airlines.

The alternatives (BA yeauch, Heathrow, KLM, AF, China Airlines, Scandanavian, Lufthansa etc aren't as good and to be honest I like the break about halfway). Beware of poor connections where you get stuck in Dubai/Abu Dhabi or Doha for over 3 hours as in economy it is a bit of a drag.

Be aware that Ramadan ends (Eid al Fitr starts) August 30th, and Eid al Adhr starts Nov 6th. These Islamic holidays will affect availability and price about then.

I did a quick search and if price is your most important consideration AF showed £478 with a nasty layover in Paris outward of over 10hours. (Opodo)

Edited by jacko

:rolleyes:

Etihad is fine,their connecting times are good,and Abu Dhabi has expanded and perfectly o.k. for a short stopover.If prices were similar I would choose Emirates,but as Etihad/Qatar are usually much cheaper,I go with either of them these days,

I have flown with Emirates and Etihad from Manchester, and I must say I prefer Emirates but on my last trip Etihad were the cheaper option, so went with them.

I have been keeping an eye on the airfares, and there seems to be all sorts of prices, many with long lie-overs en-route.

I found this flight, and thought it was a good all round deal.

Manchester (UK), to BKK, via Abu Dhabai, and return, with a 2-1/2 hour lie-over each way.

Dep Man 1st Nov 2011, 830pm, arr BKK 630pm

R'tn 24th April 2012. 830pm, arr MAN 730am.

It's with Etihad, and cost £520, all inclusive.

I got it via this search engine,

www.momodo.com

Which took me to the flight agent,

www.BudgetAir.co.uk

Well worth looking at if you after flights

• Upvote 1

I have been keeping an eye on the airfares, and there seems to be all sorts of prices, many with long lie-overs en-route.

I found this flight, and thought it was a good all round deal.

Manchester (UK), to BKK, via Abu Dhabai, and return, with a 2-1/2 hour lie-over each way.

Dep Man 1st Nov 2011, 830pm, arr BKK 630pm

R'tn 24th April 2012. 830pm, arr MAN 730am.

www.momodo.com

www.BudgetAir.co.uk

Thats a couple of good links there thank you. My friend and I booked through Eithad claiming airmiles we had appx 40000 and the fare was £504 each along with that!

www.momodo.com

www.BudgetAir.co.uk

Thanks for the link to Budget Air. I had a browse through the site and came across one of it's sister sites, Cheaptickets (Thailand).

Chucked in dates for November and it returned Etihad for less than 27k Baht which is a great price from Thailand.

• Upvote 1

I have flown with Emirates and Etihad from Manchester, and I must say I prefer Emirates but on my last trip Etihad were the cheaper option, so went with them.

I'm with the Fiend on this one, I also prefer Emirates, I thought the legroom on Etihad was far tighter than Emirates and could not get comfy with that bloody footrest either up or down.

Anybody used http://www.skyscanner.net/ they are coming up with some reasonable prices ??

Regards

You can`t go far wrong with either of the Arab airlines, just check your changover times in between as some do longer stop overs.

Etihad are excellent with a new terminal now at Abhu Dhabi, although there`s a fair walk between gates. They`ve also put their prices up since last year

As far as October time from Manchester for you, last month I booked Qatar Airways via Doha October 18th and rtn dep Bangkok Nov 3rd was £478.

That was booked through www.travelup.co.uk

I think that`s a bargain, it`s a while since I flew with them but they were ok before.

Usually I fly Etihad or Eva Air from London so shop around. Good luck