Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Thanksgiving Dinner

I know Tequila Reef has or had a Thanksgiving dinner buffet and Bob's BBQ use to have one, but alas, Bob's BBQ is no more. I'm also told a restaurant on Soi 17 off 3rd road called Tigglebitties has a dinner (not a buffet).

I would like to know of any other restaurants doing a really nice Thanksgiving buffet. I prefer a buffet over a dinner. Also, please give your opinion of the buffet; taste, variety, etc.

The one year I ate at Tequila Reef they got cheap by not offering up their pumpkin pie as part of the buffet. Getting cheap on the pumpkin pie just stuck in my craw and I've never forgotten it. Everyone only got one piece of pie. Other than that I felt their buffet was good. I missed out on Thanksgiving dinner last year because I waited too long to make my reservations.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Randy

I would also like to know this.

We had a great dinner at Tigglebitties last year - but I am a very picky eater... and would be better served by a buffet.

Tho... perhaps early in the day. Can do a big lunch at a buffet then still have dinner with friends at tigglebitties. That sounds like a plan :D

Tigglebitties is the number one place to go for Thanksgiving Dinner. You need to make reservations as they do and will run out of food. It is that good. :rolleyes:

It was nice meeting you Eddie and thanks for all the info. I'm thinking that Tigglebitties will be the place and we will probably try that BBQ this Monday.

Look for my email I sent to you.

• 2 months later...

It was nice meeting you Eddie and thanks for all the info. I'm thinking that Tigglebitties will be the place and we will probably try that BBQ this Monday.

Look for my email I sent to you.

The BBQ is good, however if you want good BBQ, Kinnaree on soi 4 off Pratumnak has maybe the best BBQ in Pattaya Saturday afternoons.

Thanksgiving at Tigglebitties is still the best. You can't beet Newy's holiday cooking. Or the price for that matter.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Shennanagins (sp) has a thanksgiving buffet from 2-11pm

haven't eaten it before and it's 695thb per

It's on second road across from soi 13 on the upper level of the Avenue complex

Edited by rb

Another option is at approximately the same price is Dicey Rileys, the faux Irish place in front of the JW Marriott. Not a recommendatio--I will have to see whether it's any good, but it's the one I came across when I was looking

Another option is at approximately the same price is Dicey Rileys, the faux Irish place in front of the JW Marriott. Not a recommendatio--I will have to see whether it's any good, but it's the one I came across when I was looking

Dicey Rileys in front of the Marriott ... didn't that place used to have a different name? 'Had some chow in there last year (and can't even remember what it was - must've been something less than blue ribbon).

I did Shennanagins my first Thanksgiving in Pattaya. What I found was, the Irish know noting of what Americans eat during Thanksgiving. Nor do the Irish cook the same as Americans, even when doing the same dish. Dinner was unrecognizable, It looked and tasted like what a Irishman would think an American would want to eat, and then instruction a Thai to cook it. Oh wait, that is exactly what happened.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Dicey Rileys in front of the Marriott ...  didn't that place used to have a different name?  'Had some chow in there last year (and can't even remember what it was - must've been something less than blue ribbon).

It used to be where Shennanigan's was located before it moved across the street.

It used to be where Shennanigan's was located before it moved across the street.

And wasn't there another name in between too? Edited by jacko

To follow up, it was quite good. Appears the restaurant is operated by the J.W. Marriott. One of the staff who dropped by the table to ask if the food was good sounded like he was American and had a shirt saying "Executive Chef." Probably helped to have somebody with an idea of what the food was supposed to taste like as roast turkey and ham aren't common menu items in Thailand.

Other than having Guiness on tap, the Irish aspects of the establishment are not very noticeable. The highly decorative hostess in a Heineken mini-dress (hey, it was green) was greatly appreciated.

The signage said it was established in 2009. Pretty sure that Shennagins had moved out well before that.

Edited by nkped