Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

New First Class Bus Khon Kaen to Pattaya

Pattaya Sep 2011 rugby week end 028.jpgMy trip to Pattaya from Khon Kaen last week .

We used the new s class bus with Chan tours.

Fantastic reclimbing seats ,only 3 seats in a row instead of the 4.

Own TV monitors,many english movies ,internet access ,ect,ect,

I watched 2 movies had 4 hours sleep ,made the 9 hour journey very easy and very relaxing.

Price 550 bhts.

Pattaya Sep 2011 rugby week end 024.jpg

Pattaya Sep 2011 rugby week end 026.jpg

Pattaya Sep 2011 rugby week end 027.jpg

Pattaya Sep 2011 rugby week end 030.jpg

Pattaya Sep 2011 rugby week end 031.jpg

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the info Mick, that looks like a good deal for the comfort provided. Will you be here again next weekend? Didn't see you much last time unfortunately.

Excellent info Mick. Thank you. The price is absolutely reasonable. The lady I'm with is from Khon Kaen and just told me the regular bus was around bt.200. Same 9 hour trip. I wouldn't think twice about paying the extra bt.350 for a relaxing and pleasant trip as opposed to one that just served the basic purpose.

Can you please explain a little about the internet connection? bring your own cable or is there WiFi?

Thanks for the info Mick, that looks like a good deal for the comfort provided. Will you be here again next weekend? Didn't see you much last time unfortunately.

Next planned trip is when rugby quarter finale is on

Excellent info Mick. Thank you. The price is absolutely reasonable. The lady I'm with is from Khon Kaen and just told me the regular bus was around bt.200. Same 9 hour trip. I wouldn't think twice about paying the extra bt.350 for a relaxing and pleasant trip as opposed to one that just served the basic purpose.

Can you please explain a little about the internet connection? bring your own cable or is there WiFi?

Plug sockets near the seats ,also WiFi ,I think

You be a wise man not to use bus service costing 200 bhts,

Next planned trip is when rugby quarter finale is on

Thanks for the further update on the Khon Kaen transport.

Looks like I'll miss you for the rugby then, I arrive this weekend for the last two group games. Pity.

Glyn.

Hi Mick,

Nice looking bus indeed, you don't know if that passes through or stops at Chaiyaphum on the way to Pattaya for more passengers?

Also is that one at night time?

CHeers,

Kev

Hi Mick,

Nice looking bus indeed, you don't know if that passes through or stops at Chaiyaphum on the way to Pattaya for more passengers?

Also is that one at night time?

CHeers,

Kev

Kev my lady tell me this bus does not go to Chaiyaphun

The bus run at 9am and about 9pm

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Can you fly to Udon Thani and get a bus down to Khon Kaen

You can fly direct to Khon Kaen with Thai Air ,but not cheap ,but in July Thai Air is planned to launch Thai Smile ,new budget airline which will fly to Khon Kaen ,well this is Thailand we will have to waite to see.

About your question ,you can fly to Udon with air asia ,great offers at the moment.

Then many buses every day from Undon to Khon Kaen.

But if you can catch one of the vip bus ,like chan tours from Undon far better and time takes about 1 1/2 hours.

Also trains from Undon to Khon Kaen ,i take the 3rd class about 30 bhts haha

If you need any more info just pm me

If you are planning couple days in Undon ,good idea to fly there first.

But if its just a time factor ,you dont save too much time maybe 2/3 hours taking this into account

Taxi to BKK from Pattaya 1 1/2 hours

waiting time at bbk airport 1 hour

Flight to Undon about 1 hour

Taxi to undon centre 1/2

Wiate for bus to Khon Kaen 1/2

Bus from Undon to Khon Kaen 1 1/2 hours

So time about 6 hours compare to about 8 1/2 hours using bus from Pattaya to Khon Kaen

Also you would get more rest/sleep using the bus.

So this is why Me and Lin use the bus ,we have tried both.

But fly direct to Khon Kaen is good as airport is only 20 mins from city centre,but like i said before Thia Air is expensive ,I think about 6000 bhts return trip ,compare to bus which is 1000 bhts return trip

Edited by Dr Mick

You can fly direct to Khon Kaen with Thai Air ,but not cheap ,but in July Thai Air is planned to launch Thai Smile ,new budget airline which will fly to Khon Kaen ,well this is Thailand we will have to waite to see.

About your question ,you can fly to Udon with air asia ,great offers at the moment.

Then many buses every day from Undon to Khon Kaen.

But if you can catch one of the vip bus ,like chan tours from Undon far better and time takes about 1 1/2 hours.

Also trains from Undon to Khon Kaen ,i take the 3rd class about 30 bhts haha

If you need any more info just pm me

If you are planning couple days in Undon ,good idea to fly there first.

But if its just a time factor ,you dont save too much time maybe 2/3 hours taking this into account

Taxi to BKK from Pattaya 1 1/2 hours

waiting time at bbk airport 1 hour

Flight to Undon about 1 hour

Taxi to undon centre 1/2

Wiate for bus to Khon Kaen 1/2

Bus from Undon to Khon Kaen 1 1/2 hours

So time about 6 hours compare to about 8 1/2 hours using bus from Pattaya to Khon Kaen

Also you would get more rest/sleep using the bus.

So this is why Me and Lin use the bus ,we have tried both.

But fly direct to Khon Kaen is good as airport is only 20 mins from city centre,but like i said before Thia Air is expensive ,I think about 6000 bhts return trip ,compare to bus which is 1000 bhts return trip

Good post and excellent information.

Thanks we will see you in February one way or another

Near date let me know plans ,not 1 day before haha ,i go out at week ends here

Just tell me what type of hotel you want and id give you my rec.

Also let me know what night life you will be looking for ,i will try to arrange lol

This club is great on a Fri or Sat night

http://www.whereinkhonkaen.com/reviews/nightlife/clubs/harem-club/

Edited by Dr Mick
  • 10 months later...