Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Tat Ton waterfall - Chaiyaphum.

I loved this place, its a great place to chill out for the day, enjoy some food, and have a laugh in the water rapids at the waterfall.

ThailandApril2009713.jpg

ThailandApril2009717.jpg

ThailandApril2009718.jpg

ThailandApril2009719.jpg

ThailandApril2009720.jpg

ThailandApril2009721.jpg

ThailandApril2009723.jpg

ThailandApril2009725.jpg

ThailandApril2009726.jpg

ThailandApril2009727.jpg

ThailandApril2009792.jpg

• Upvote 1

Its about a 20min drive north of Chaiyaphum. You would be looking at some drive, just so you could swim in the water.

Have been to exactly the same spot several times and yes an excellent place to chill out with a few beers and a bit of food.

Yep a bit of a drive from Pattaya, about a 7 hour bus ride.

At a 7 hour drive from Pattaya it sounds like it would have to end up being a two day trip from.

So I would end up spending the night in Chaiyaphum. Any night life to speak of there? Or is one better off taking a loved one from Patts?

• Upvote 1

no nightlife so to speak in Chaiyaphum and I definately wouldn't travel all the way from Pattaya to see the water falls!

Good place to chill out if you already happen to be in Chaiyaphum for some other reason.

Thanks for posting. Brings back some memories.

The best time to visit Chaiyaphum is when they have their special flower bloom. Krajows I think they are called.

Really lovely and the views into the valley are wonderful. All pink.

Boring place for nightlife. Every falang I met there was on heroin. Think I'd probably go the same way if I had to live there.

It looks great whereabouts is it. How far from Pattaya?

Pretty far. About 480 km.

But there are some good waterfalls at Nam Tok Krathing, Khao Khitchakut Chanthaburi. about 180km.

There is also some ancient temple near there too worth a visit.

If you get to the top of the waterfall take some pictures, I turned back!

DSC00520.jpg

Edited by jacko

Chaiyaphum center has 2 places for night life and I have always had a blast in both places. One is a live music place close to Big C named Duang Dang.....I am sure I butcherd the spelling.....and Oasis Disco in a hotel about 5 mins from the live music place. There are also several Thai Karaokes if you like. I have always been welcomed at all these places and as there are not to many, if any farangs at these venues you can certainly get alot of attention.

Chaiyaphum center has 2 places for night life and I have always had a blast in both places. One is a live music place close to Big C named Duang Dang.....I am sure I butcherd the spelling.....

Do you mean Tawan Daeng?

There's one in nSurin also. Great for picking up 'Good' TGs.

I love going to Tat Ton with the kids and extended family.

Will be in the Chaiyaphum area for Christmas and seeing these photos has put a big smile on my face and got me a little more excited. Strangely it was the photo coming out of Chaiyaphum with the road sign for Nong Bua Daeng that pleased me most.