Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

The Funny Habits of a Thai live in......or wife...

You can take the Thai out of Thailand, etc etc, but I actually think you shouldn't. They seem much happier here and sure as hell Thailand is more agreeable to me than Greater Manchester.

But the Topic, well it has been done before but I think we can beat a bit more out of it.

What funny habits does your wife/TGF/live in have that remind you that she is Thai and you are falang and some things have different priorities. My subject is her ability to put objects anyplace, leave things lying around, and when questioned on it reply tangentially to make it seem like it is my fault. Like, 'where are the scissors we keep in this drawer?' After hunting around for 10 minutes.

'On the microwave'

'Why?'

'My phone rang'

'When was that?'

'Yesterday or day before'

'So when are we thinking of putting them in the drawer again so I can find them?'

'I have to go to school'

Mine just came out as I was coming into the house, and I glanced around and said...

'Why have you got 5 pairs of shoes positioned all around the door?'

'This pair for in house'

'I know, but you appear to still have only 2 feet so don't need 10 shoes at once'...

'Grumpy old man'

'Shall I throw this large shoe cupboard behind the door out then, apparently we don't need it'

'That for your shoe'

'Yes, apart from one pair all mine are in there'

'Grumpy Old Man'

And don't get me started on what you can find at the rear of the fridge! :yikes: :soapbox: :yikes:

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 2
You can take the Thai out of Thailand, etc etc, but I actually think you shouldn't. They seem much happier here and sure as hell Thailand is more agreeable to me than Greater Manchester. But the Topic, well it has been done before but I think we can beat a bit more out of it. What funny habits does your wife/TGF/live in have that remind you that she is Thai and you are falang and some things have different priorities. My subject is her ability to put objects anyplace, leave things lying around, and when questioned on it reply tangentially to make it seem like it is my fault. Like, 'where are the scissors we keep in this drawer?' After hunting around for 10 minutes. 'On the microwave' 'Why?' 'My phone rang' 'When was that?' 'Yesterday or day before' 'So when are we thinking of putting them in the drawer again so I can find them?' 'I have to go to school' Mine just came out as I was coming into the house, and I glanced around and said... 'Why have you got 5 pairs of shoes positioned all around the door?' 'This pair for in house' 'I know, but you appear to still have only 2 feet so don't need 10 shoes at once'... 'Grumpy old man' 'Shall I throw this large shoe cupboard behind the door out then, apparently we don't need it' 'That for your shoe' 'Yes, apart from one pair all mine are in there' 'Grumpy Old Man' And don't get me started on what you can find at the rear of the fridge! :yikes: :soapbox: :yikes:

Seems like you've landed yourself a real good girl there, Jacko - a great sense of humour and incredibly observant. Well done, mate! :thumbup

We used to have some problems such as I throw good stuff away and I cut her herbs and spices with the weed whacker. It actually irritated me that I'm not permitted to take out the trash or cut weeds. I'm also not permitted to touch her washing machine because she spent a lot of time programming it to do exactly what she wants.

After I thought about it for a while, I decided that I am the one who has the far better end of the deal. As long as I do absolutely nothing, she is quite happy.

On finding a pair of her shorts on the ground at the back door I picked them up and left them on top of the nearby washing machine, good deed done.

No No you don't understand they are old shorts and are for wiping you're feet on before entering the house, okay, but what about the many many door mats we have purchased over the years, still waiting for a reasonable answer.

Still got to love em !!

Regards

Sorry but I have to bite, what do you find behind the fridge :clueless

Not behind, inside at the back.

I think the fridge is regarded like a cupboard for those things you don't want to throw away and to forget about.

Just had a good laugh.... I though she had found a snake but it was a caterpillar the size of a gorilla's finger, a lime green thing. I wasn't too keen on handling it myself.

Certain times of her month she cannot cut the basil leaf, not cut hair/nails on Wednesdays.

Certain times of her month she cannot cut the basil leaf, not cut hair/nails on Wednesdays.

And those are the days you want to put your shoes on the kitchen table and open the umbrella indoors, I suppose!

Never mind. Throw a bit of salt over your left shoulder, you'll forget it all

Edited by joekicker

Just had a good laugh.... I though she had found a snake but it was a caterpillar the size of a gorilla's finger, a lime green thing. I wasn't too keen on handling it myself.

No haircuts on Wednesday is the norm ... :clueless

And those are the days you want to put your shoes on the kitchen table and open the umbrella indoors, I suppose!

Never mind. Throw a bit of salt over your left shoulder, you'll forget it all

Joe, you can be a tiresome twat at times.....normally between 12.01 and just before noon.

Look up the OP, get light, and join in.

I see no reason to open an umbrella indoors nor do I wear shoes indoors (here).

• Upvote 1

I got the "please don't touch laundry even if I am working". Thought I was helping.

The quirkiest was when I was working in the garage one weekend day with the door open and started hearing popping sounds. She was whipping old hot dog rolls out onto the pavement from a balcony. I live in a well-maintained and landscaped semi-gated circular community and people that live here often jog and stroll about, and she's whippig the hot dog rolls out. Her reason - she sees a lot of animals in the woods and wanted to feed them. :clueless

Joe, you can be a tiresome twat at times.....normally between 12.01 and just before noon.

Lighten up jacko. Every country/culture/group has superstitions.

Thais don't get hair cut on Wednesday. Knock on wood.

Her reason - she sees a lot of animals in the woods and wanted to feed them.

Make merit, yep. One thing you'll always hear from the Buddhists and half the non-Buddhists, have to make merit.

Edited by joekicker
  • Downvote 1

Lighten up jacko. Every country/culture/group has superstitions.

Thank you for the enlightenment, my grandmother could use some help regarding the methodology of applying a vacuum to eggs.

Perhaps you need to lighten up, I was discussing the funny habits of a Thai wife/partner etc, those of the farang are in a thread in London Live, a forum for Thais living in the UK.

Jeez, ever since MM put you in your place today you have been quite the hound.

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 1

Perhaps you need to lighten up, I was discussing the funny habits of a Thai wife/partner etc, those of the farang are in a thread in London Live, a forum for Thais living in the UK.

I thought the funny part was that the expat partner felt the need to interrogate the poor Thai bird as to WHY she put the scissors on the microwave. It reminded me of a line straight out of the excellent, 'Culture Shock! Thailand'.

51JFFRZZBCL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

We went to a friends for dinner he went to get the beer out of the fridge and they weren't there, on asking his Thai partner she replied there in the cupboard Why? they where in the way. Then last time we went he open the fridge and the beer was gone on asking where they were she replied in the chiller, not because the beers would be cold only because its to cold for the produce in there.

We went to a friends for dinner he went to get the beer out of the fridge and they weren't there, on asking his Thai partner she replied there in the cupboard Why? they where in the way. Then last time we went he open the fridge and the beer was gone on asking where they were she replied in the chiller, not because the beers would be cold only because its to cold for the produce in there.

Multiple fridges..........

Although as we eat Thai at home, which is brought daily from the market, not much need for her.

Just those little bowls of mysterious sauces lurking at the back.

Edited by jacko

Me, from afar, when away at work: "Have a nice day at school then hon, please ride safe and wear your crash helmet"

Her: "Yes ok hon, thank you"

Me: "Coz you know I don't want you to have accident and then I have to sleep alone" :P

Her: "You can come sleep with me in hospital!"

Cheeky mare's got an answer for everything!

Besides pets, I have a western attitude about any foreign living thing in our living space - pests. She believes if they do not bite or are not harmful, then why kill them (Buddhism). I grew up a buddhist too, but a convenient westernized version :) Except for the gecko in the patio of our old apt (who I knew ate intruders), I like our condo sterile of other living things. Since I dislike and have allergic reactions to pesticides, I spray them with liquid soaps.

Otherwise, she cooks, cleans, keeps order, shops, etc...exactly as I like which is a major change from living with my ex-wife.

P.s. I am still not OCD like some of my expats friends, but I do carry hand sanitizer alcohol with me everywhere. Maybe, I'll graduate someday :)

Besides pets, I have a western attitude about any foreign living thing in our living space - pests. She believes if they do not bite or are not harmful, then why kill them (Buddhism). I grew up a buddhist too, but a convenient westernized version :) Except for the gecko in the patio of our old apt (who I knew ate intruders), I like our condo sterile of other living things. Since I dislike and have allergic reactions to pesticides, I spray them with liquid soaps.

Otherwise, she cooks, cleans, keeps order, shops, etc...exactly as I like which is a major change from living with my ex-wife.

P.s. I am still not OCD like some of my expats friends, but I do carry hand sanitizer alcohol with me everywhere. Maybe, I'll graduate someday :)

I must admit I have got more relaxed about keeping the home perfectly tidy (as I see with farang wife's home) and there are certain areas I deem hers.

I fell over a pair of shoes going out yesterday and was puzzled by the fact that they were mine....

As I had nagged regarding the profusion of her shoes lying about, she had worn mine. :clueless