Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Ladyboys on Sky TV Sereis

An episode from this series is being shown tonight (1 September 9:00pm) on Pick TV, UK Freeview Channel 11.

So any cheapskates (like myself) who don’t have Sky TV can see:

Episode 4 “An exploration of the ladyboy shows in Pattaya, a once sleepy Thai fishing village that is now the ladyboy capital of the world. Plus, a behind-the-scenes look at the running of Alcazar, a popular transgender cabaret venue, to which acts flock in search of fame and fortune.”

Personally, I think ladyboys can leave a nasty taste in the mouth.

just thought i'd say thanks. i saw your post about 10 mins before it started so had a watch. nothing new in it. bloke from NE articulates well. I did laugh at his photoshop penis comment, though. Something like he sometimes imagines his LBs cock has been photoshopped on. Er no and it can't be PS'd off either(:

Lecturer i suspect is an emotional wreck - falling love after a few days? and his way to identify LB's made me laugh. he was pointing out features as they walked past [adam's apple etc] and missed the fact that they were mostly tall and manly.

I take it this will be on same time same channel each week? [i rarely watch tv]

[[edit to change the word dame, in line above, to same!!!!]]

Edited by monochromeman

Apparently it is on again next Sunday at 9pm.

Last nights episode wasn’t the one advertised on the Pick TV web site which I mentioned in my post, however the electronic programme guide got it right – it was ‘Men who love ladyboys’. Pity, as I was really looking forward to seeing Pattaya, a once sleepy Thai fishing village. Although it has to be said, you can still experience the smell of fish to this very day.

I liked David’s comment at the beginning of the programme, “I defy any man to look at a ladyboy and not feel attracted”. Please form an orderly queue.

It is possible he said, “I defy any man to look at a ladyboy and not feel attractive”. I have to admit that I feel very attractive when I look at most of Pattaya's ladyboys – I’m gorgeous by comparison.

Next Sunday it is (allegedly) going back to the first of the six programmes made.

• Upvote 1

I watched last night's program with interest. Did anyone notice him being offered an insect to eat and the woman in the background putting her hand to a mouth saying "good".

I always find it a dilemma to visit a Thai family and being offered the delicacy of a live insect.

posted from my Samsung using Tapatalk 2.

Edited by Severn

And another thing!

More September 2013 broadcasts on Pick TV (UK Freeview channel 11) of the Sky TV series Ladyboys:

Tue 3 10:00pm

Fri 6 9.00pm

Sun 8 0:00am (midnight Saturday)

Sun 8 9:00pm

Tue 10 10:00pm

Fri 13 9:00pm

Enjoy!

Edited by DrPat

"The Ladyboy capital of the World" it says here in the TV Mag,Pattaya Thailand.starts in 15 mins on11 free view.i'll watch it and give you my 2p's worth.

Enjoyed it more than I thought I would.Set in Bangers and Korat,the two English guys came over as decent enough blokes.Made last year by Sky the guy up in Korat Name of Scott said he and his LB were moving to Pats next year and buying a bar.Anyone know if thats happened if so where is it.

Enjoyed it more than I thought I would.Set in Bangers and Korat,the two English guys came over as decent enough blokes.Made last year by Sky the guy up in Korat Name of Scott said he and his LB were moving to Pats next year and buying a bar.Anyone know if thats happened if so where is it.

Read Jamie's current trip report and all shall be revealed.

Yes, it's happened. Our very own Jamie recounted his experiences there in his last trip report.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

• 2 weeks later...

watched sunday's episode on pick tv. does alcazar *really* take £300 000 a year? I missed what was said leading upto that figure.

I very much doubt it , these scumbag journalists / roving reporters will make up all kinds of shit to get a story.....!

watched sunday's episode on pick tv. does alcazar *really* take £300 000 a year? I missed what was said leading upto that figure.

I bet Mimosa is biting into their profits... it is only 50 baht for Thais.

• Upvote 1

I would have thought that they take more than that. The place is invariably full, with mostly bussed in tourist parties. I would have thought that £300K would be more like a conservative "annual profit".

Edited by Fatboyfat
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1