Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Areca Lodge, construction noise next door.

The piece of land on the east side of the Areca Lodge has been cleared and as of yesterday, 18th June 2012, they have started on the foundations of the condo blocks that will be built there.

The piling machine is now in full swing and it was pretty noisy in the Bai Mai Kitchen at breakfast this morning.

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The piece of land on the east side of the Areca Lodge has been cleared and as of yesterday, 18th June 2012, they have started on the foundations of the condo blocks that will be built there.   The p

The amount of building and constrution work at this location in recent years has been quite phenomenal   I have personally stayed their 3 times and each time there was building work being carried ou

The one time I stayed at the Areca that lot had a rooster which started crowing long before dawn and kept it up all day.   The rooster appears gone and the construction will end.

Posted Images

Areca management have now issued a notice saying this disturbance may continue for a few MONTHS.

The hours of operation appear to be 0900 - 1800.

Edit in : The site is not being developed by the Areca lodge company, so they have no control over the duration of the work. Their notice does state this.

Edited by The_Fat_Controller

I stayed in Arecas Corona wing, while the newest Evergreen wing was being built, there was no sleeping late, it went on longer than 1800 hours, I only stayed a few days, would not suggest it to anyone that likes peace and quiet.

Guest jjprodigy

The amount of building and constrution work at this location in recent years has been quite phenomenal

I have personally stayed their 3 times and each time there was building work being carried out.

In 2003 It was the culmination in the building of the second swimming pool.

Secondly in 2007 The Condo Complex to the west of the of the Areca Lodge was at the second fix stage

Finally in 2009 the Evagreen extention to the Areca Lodge was being built.

Aside from the noise I always found it fascinating to watch each of these additions being constructed

Health and Saftey rules regarding these Construction projects seemed to be virtually non-existent from my viewpoint.

To actually witness these Thai laborer's consistently risk their lives on a daily basis was astonishing yet compulsive morning viewing from the balcony.

Edited by jjprodigy
  • Upvote 1

I am in a Pool View room at the Areca building, but getting daily updates from 3 couples who are in rooms directly overlooking the site on floors 4 and 5.

You will be glad to know that Health and Safety standards are being maintained, flip-flops on feet, a couple of naked kids running around the site, workers living in a small tent village and even some caged fighting chickens back on site.

Guest jjprodigy

I am in a Pool View room at the Areca building, but getting daily updates from 3 couples who are in rooms directly overlooking the site on floors 4 and 5.

You will be glad to know that Health and Safety standards are being maintained, flip-flops on feet, a couple of naked kids running around the site, workers living in a small tent village and even some caged fighting chickens back on site.

:llaugh :llaugh

Only in Thailand

edit in : I can't take credit for taking the below video,

[media=]

[/media] Edited by jjprodigy

Pattaya_Mad, there is no way I could offer an expert opinion as to what progress they will have made by September, however I do not think the Evergreen rooms will suffer too much disturbance.

Unless you are paying the monthly rate which requires full payment on arrival, just come and see for yourself what is happening and move if it disturbs you too much.

• 2 weeks later...

"A few months" is disconcertingly vague. I am due to arrive Oct 27th and have booked a room facing the site. Even if the pile driving is finished I am still face to face with a building site. Think I will change to a pool facing room

• 3 weeks later...

arrived on Friday, staying in the Evergreen wing. no noise in the hotel, its by the pool you become aware of it. no where near as bad as when they used to drive in loads of piles, maybe thats finished now.

arrived on Friday, staying in the Evergreen wing. no noise in the hotel, its by the pool you become aware of it. no where near as bad as when they used to drive in loads of piles, maybe thats finished now.

Thats very good news, I am staying there in September :thumbup

• 2 weeks later...

OK only a slight thread fuck. This some Thai OH&S I witnessed on a building site next to where I stayed in 2009. And yes it was extreamly noisy.

IMG_0389 (Small).JPG

Soi AR just off Klang

• 1 month later...

Arrivining in 11 days can someone give me any updates please?

I'm 5 days behind you. staying Areca the 26th through October 10th so would also like to have an update.

I stayed there a few days in July, and I was in the old building overlooking the front pool and the noise at the time couldn't be heard in the room.

LeoTex

Just an update on this thread, there is going to be a large hotel developement starting mid October on the ground behind the PBR, looks like an area to be avoided at all cost right now.

Edited by pattaya_mad

Hmmmm, the PBR is starting construction in front of the hotel in October, is this another one? If so, anyone at the PBR is going to be hit from both sides.

probably the same one. its on the waste land next to PBR, I definately want a room facing the pool at the evergreen.

thank you pattaya mad. i'll look forward to your post. i'm a month away from my next trip to pattaya and want to know how bad it is, if at all. i have reservations there, but may request a room at the front poolside versus the other side.

thanks again.