Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Areca Lodge, construction noise next door.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The piece of land on the east side of the Areca Lodge has been cleared and as of yesterday, 18th June 2012, they have started on the foundations of the condo blocks that will be built there.   The p

The amount of building and constrution work at this location in recent years has been quite phenomenal   I have personally stayed their 3 times and each time there was building work being carried ou

The one time I stayed at the Areca that lot had a rooster which started crowing long before dawn and kept it up all day.   The rooster appears gone and the construction will end.

Posted Images

Last day in Pattaya.

Just taken a walk along Soi 15.

Lots of heavy trucks moving dirt out and concrete in to the two sites behind the Areca Lodge and Pattaya Bay Resort.

It was VERY dusty and this is noticeable at the Areca pool too.

Water is being continuously pumped out of the site behind the Areca into the drains on Soi 15.

Not much noise disturbance right now, but I certainly would not want to be in a room overlooking the site myself.

Last day in Pattaya.

Just taken a walk along Soi 15.

Lots of heavy trucks moving dirt out and concrete in to the two sites behind the Areca Lodge and Pattaya Bay Resort.

It was VERY dusty and this is noticeable at the Areca pool too.

Water is being continuously pumped out of the site behind the Areca into the drains on Soi 15.

Not much noise disturbance right now, but I certainly would not want to be in a room overlooking the site myself.

'Was just by there 30mins ago. It did rain some last night, but most of the dust seems to a matter of LOTS of dirt being tracked out from the construction sites onto the entire soi behind Areca by the heavy trucks, which normal traffic along the soi then keeps stirred up. Some of it even out on Soi Bukhao. Coming actually from the soi like that, it pretty much affects the whole surrounding area as much as it affects Areca. ('Course the noise factor will be highest at Areca though.) 'Doesn't seem to be affecting Areca's occupancy much. 'Couldn't get a room for more than 2 days at a time when I checked early last week.

'Was just by there 30mins ago. It did rain some last night, but most of the dust seems to a matter of LOTS of dirt being tracked out from the construction sites onto the entire soi behind Areca by the heavy trucks, which normal traffic along the soi then keeps stirred up. Some of it even out on Soi Bukhao. Coming actually from the soi like that, it pretty much affects the whole surrounding area as much as it affects Areca. ('Course the noise factor will be highest at Areca though.) 'Doesn't seem to be affecting Areca's occupancy much. 'Couldn't get a room for more than 2 days at a time when I checked early last week.

Yeah I got held up coming down that road by a large truck belching fumes in my face... couldn't get past the damned thing and another one wanted to come back the other way. Traffic snarl-ups, dust (or muck if rainy) noise and pollution for a while down Soi 15 and Buakhao.
  • 2 weeks later...

As I arrived at The Mercure for The Expats Club meeting (10am), the sound of a pile driver from the back area greeted me.

Damned heathens, it was a Sunday.

• 3 weeks later...

As I arrived at The Mercure for The Expats Club meeting (10am), the sound of a pile driver from the back area greeted me.

Damned heathens, it was a Sunday.

I notice that in Thailand , you just never know when a construction site will be active. No matter the time of day or day of the week. I know that I would not be able to stay at a hotel very long with a pile driver or insane construction noise rattling my brain :wacko:

• 2 months later...

The building work behind the rooms in the Areca has now reached Floor 4 level, so no view apart from construction workers, there are 8 floors planned.

The building next to the Evergreen is now 7 floors high and there is a big screen fence up by the Blue Ocean pool.

Noise is not too bad according to friends who overlook the site.

• 2 weeks later...

Any idea when the works are due to end.

Just booked our flights got Feb 14. We always stay at Areca but will have to consider alternatives if this is still ongoing.

The only saving grace is that this development will ensure all sides of the Areca which were not developed when the hotel first opened will see no more available land and no more hassle

The sign in the lift said due to negotiation with the company about limiting the noise it will extend into a December finish date.

from memory

Makes u wonder how they have full occupancy with all that noise and dust flying around, especially as there is plenty of other optiions. Perhaps they are giving cheaper deals to those who ask to leave?

Edited by Albez

Occupancy in June was nowhere near 100%, some days it was less than 70%.

Most of the repeat customers, like myself, are fully aware of what is going on regarding the construction and I did not get any special discount and I did not hear of any being given to others.

Edited by The_Fat_Controller
  • 1 month later...

That is surprising.

I was at the back of the Mercure last week and there was an infernal amount of noise on a Sunday morning.

It was construction towards the Areca.

• 4 weeks later...

Spent 2 weeks at Areca . Check out 1 September. Stayed in the Corona building.

Some noise after 8 am but not too bad. Was not an issue for me.

Two nice pools and a small gym. Good 4* hotel.