Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

the market is on 2 days per week...Tuesday and Friday

Sanya apartments is a reasonable distance from most of the market as it is in the middle between 2 streets used for the market

Fah and I had a bar named Chanpen right next door to this place. By all accounts the rooms are very nice, a good bar and sitting area, clean and tidy. The owner is a Dutch curmudgeon who seems to get on with nobody, but that needn't bother guests as his Thai lady is quite amenable.

The twice-weekly market will only bother you if you're motorised, i.e. access to the hotel is practically impossible on wheels during those 2 days. It means a short walk from Soi Buakhouw, that's all. Good place to stay I reckon. Big hug for you and Paul.

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed at Sanya Apartments a couple years ago. I had the AC on and when I woke up and opened the curtains, I was shocked to see a market had appeared overnight where there had been nothing but an open field. So, if there was any noise, I didn't hear it.

I will check it out in Sept and probably book a week February.