Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

How the Pharmacist next to Tim’s ruined the last days of my trip

this can't be serious!

there certainly are a few naive people in this thread.

I will leave it to the Oz guys here to educate us all on NSW people! :D

Slightly off to one side but I carry with me old receipts for medications and dose size that I know will work. I have never used them but at least would have something to trot into the pharmacy if something went wrong. I am worried as hell about getting the wrong meds as I am alergic to pe.nacillin.

Slightly off to one side but I carry with me old receipts for medications and dose size that I know will work. I have never used them but at least would have something to trot into the pharmacy if something went wrong. I am worried as hell about getting the wrong meds as I am alergic to pe.nacillin.

Yeah, that must be a concern. Often wonder if you are in an accident and unable to respond whether they would pump some in you as a standard measure.

If you're allergic to the point of an anaphylactic reaction which can be fatal you should be wearing a medic alert bracelet or necklace.

And taking old receipts for old medicines prescribed for specific infections is not a good way to know what to buy if you get a new infection.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, that must be a concern. Often wonder if you are in an accident and unable to respond whether they would pump some in you as a standard measure.

Ancef (Cefazolin) is what is normally used for injury where doctors think there is a big risk of infection, vs. penicillins which are not likely to be of help and until allergies are known or not, quite dangerous to give without confirmation. Pretty much seen now for respiratory problems and syphilis.

Every episode of ER you would hear them call for a gram of Ancef. Cephalosporins still retain the "core" of how penicillins work with less adverse reactions and a broader spectrum.

If one was to carry a few antibiotics for routine infections like an infected cut or scratch, Keflex would be better than penicillins, plus Cipro for traveller's diarrhoea, and maybe a sulfa for urinary tract problems.

Ancef (Cefazolin) is what is normally used for injury where doctors think there is a big risk of infection, vs. penicillins which are not likely to be of help and until allergies are known or not, quite dangerous to give without confirmation. Pretty much seen now for respiratory problems and syphilis.

Every episode of ER you would hear them call for a gram of Ancef. Cephalosporins still retain the "core" of how penicillins work with less adverse reactions and a broader spectrum.

If one was to carry a few antibiotics for routine infections like an infected cut or scratch, Keflex would be better than penicillins, plus Cipro for traveller's diarrhoea, and maybe a sulfa for urinary tract problems.

Thanks Doc.... :D :thumbup

Can I put my pants on now........?

Edited by jacko

Lucky man. I have zits that date from the Reagan administration. I name them after craters on the moon.

It's a documented fact his face was used as a test lunar landing site during the Apollo program. :bhappy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well I was into the last couple of days in LOS when I woke with a small pimple just under my lip, didn’t think anything of it but by evening it was noticeable when looking in a mirror, anyway was in Tim’s on second road having a good time and upon visiting the toilets again could see my little pimple, having had a cut from eating prawns when the shell nicked my thumb that looked like it was getting a minor infection as well I decided to pop next door to the pharmacy and get some antiseptic cream for that and thought I would put some on the pimple as well.

Anyway I walk in the pharmacy and ask the guy for antiseptic cream and gestured to my thumb and lip, he looked at me shook his head and said “You have Herpes, maybe from pussy” im like WHAT THE FUCK, anyway he gives me some cream and as there is few other people in the store I leave, I then read the cream label and its for Genital Herpes, now I know a cold sore is a form of herpes but not the same as Genital or type 2 herpes, so im outside Tim’s thinking what the fuck is going on here, then I think maybe this guy sees a lot of herpes so he’s right my pussy eating has cost me, anyway I sit down at a bar and think about things and eventually come to terms with what ive been told, its not going to kill me but any relationship back home is now going to need an honest explanation that I have this virus in my system and its going to be there for life, then having to explain how I got it !, anyway I then think fuck it, you only live once and carry on enjoying myself although its still at the back of my mind, a few lovelies are getting keen for the BF and some action but I then think how can I BF knowing I may have this highly infectious disease and the last thing I want to do is pass it on to a farmer daughter from Issan, so I pass and end up sleeping alone.

Next morning im up early on the PC reading about Herpes after a few hours I know quite a bit about it and particularly how easy it is to infect another person when you have an outbreak, so that’s that the last few days I will have to stay celibate.

Anyway, get back home yesterday and straight off to the Doctor, explain everything to him, he then asks me a few questions all of which I say no too except the shagging and pussy eating, he then takes a close look and says “Thanks for telling me all about your exploits in Thailand it been a real eye opener but that pimple just under your lip looks to me to be what is commonly known as a ZIT and not a cold sore or type 2 herpes ”, I then get a lecture on the risks of Oral sex and in particular with hookers, fair enough I think, im very relieved but also very pissed at that idiot in the Pharmacy next to Tim’s, so if your in the area do me a favour and pop in and tell the older guy in the that he’s a CUNT.

Maybe in hindsight I should have seeked further advice as the guy was fair distance from me when I gestured to my lip but I figured being in the middle of Pattaya and being old and wise he knew his stuff.

Feel a bit of a fool but Be carful out there………………………..

YOU WOULD DEFINATLY KNOW IF YOU HAD HERPES, totally different to having a zit !!