Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Shuttle Bus Service - BKK-DMK-BKK

Cheers Tom for the link, I have to do a transfer from DMK - BKK on the 3rd October around 21.00 hrs so I might give it a try. I have five hours to kill between airports so no rush, will report back if no one else does so before hand.

Regards

In regards to this service, as it looks like they haven't accomplished much in the "flood control department", I suspect this service will run until DM is under water again. Sad state of affairs, but I really do believe that DM will be inundated until after the rainy season; AGAIN!

CB

I wish Ol' Somchai would extend the hours to 12 MN.How many int's flights arrive after 9PM with connections at DMG,either that evening or early the following morning.Also,how many will arrive at DMG for a late BKK flight.He also didn't include what the travel time would be-an aid in planning a connection.But all in all,good news.

Edited by bigdelta

I see that Air Asia, Nok Air, and 1-2-Go are or will be at DM as of 1 OCT. 'Also I think Orient Thai. Apparently Tiger & Cebu Pacific. Does anyone have a list of all the airlines that will be moving there: the release above says 14.

I see that Air Asia, Nok Air, and 1-2-Go are or will be at DM as of 1 OCT. 'Also I think Orient Thai. Apparently Tiger & Cebu Pacific. Does anyone have a list of all the airlines that will be moving there: the release above says 14.

1-2-Go ceased to exist a while back - it operates as Orient Thai nowadays.

On channel 3 news last night they said the bus would take approximately one hour for the journey and would be free for passengers with a onward flight ticket. Timing sounds about right, taxis take around the 30-40 minute mark.

I will miss the last bus on the 3rd October as Nok Air have altered my flight time slightly and I don't arrive in DMK until 22.25 hrs now, so back to a taxi for myself.

Regards

I posted this elswhere yesterday.

In response to a couple of questions yesterday, I got this email back from Mr T and am posting it as I believe that its good general interest information.

Hi,

From Donmaung to Pattaya 1200 Baht

and 1700 Baht for round trip Pattaya to Suvannaphum Airport

Regards,

Mr.T

I will miss the last bus on the 3rd October as Nok Air have altered my flight time slightly and I don't arrive in DMK until 22.25 hrs now, so back to a taxi for myself.

Sam,

Keep in mind a lot of flights arrive at Don Meuang late on, but very few depart - the taxi queue can be a bit slow and you don't really have the option of nipping upstairs to catch one at Departures.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update, I had read conflicting reports about the time that the shuttle bus would stop i.e 22.00hrs and midnight.

I arrived at Don Muang tonight at 22.05hrs from Nakhon Phanom, exited Terminal one about 22.20 hrs after waiting for my bags. When you exit Terminal one the shuttle bus stand is on your left past the Taxi stand about 50meters, I could not see any booth or table there for getting onto the buses, only two really old buses with hand written signs on them in darkness with no signs of any life or drivers around. Not sure if they had stopped for the night or not, so I jumped in a taxi, cost was 310 baht on the meter for 47.9 kilometers, I payed the tollways an extra 130 baht, also factor in your 50 baht fee for Airport surcharge, time was around the 30 minutes in really light traffic. Plenty of Taxis available at the Airport.

So still not sure whether they run until midnight or stop at 10.00 pm, will be doing the reverse journey next month so will try and find out then if nobody else reports first.

Regards

Edited by Fireman Sam

Thanks for that update as I was hoping for 12MN bus.

Just a quick update, I had read conflicting reports about the time that the shuttle bus would stop i.e 22.00hrs and midnight.

I arrived at Don Muang tonight at 22.05hrs from Nakhon Phanom, exited Terminal one about 22.20 hrs after waiting for my bags. When you exit Terminal one the shuttle bus stand is on your left past the Taxi stand about 50meters, I could not see any booth or table there for getting onto the buses, only two really old buses with hand written signs on them in darkness with no signs of any life or drivers around. Not sure if they had stopped for the night or not, so I jumped in a taxi, cost was 310 baht on the meter for 47.9 kilometers, I payed the tollways an extra 130 baht, also factor in your 50 baht fee for Airport surcharge, time was around the 30 minutes in really light traffic. Plenty of Taxis available at the Airport.

So still not sure whether they run until midnight or stop at 10.00 pm, will be doing the reverse journey next month so will try and find out then if nobody else reports first.

Regards

• Upvote 1

Excellent-a 12MN departure-hopefully I can rush through Immig & Customs.Thanks FS for the link.

edit:Wishful thinking-my flight arrives at 1145p.

Edited by bigdelta
  • 2 months later...

Just a quick update on the shuttle bus service. I have used the free shuttle bus three times recently, twice from Swampy to Don Muang and once in the other direction.

Each journey was around the 50 minute mark, that included a journey during evening rush hour, they use the tollways and the driving was pretty steady, ie safe. They leave from outside gate number 3 at Swampy on the arrival levels, level 2. At Don Muang, they drop you off for some reason on the arrival level as well instead of the departures level.

Only once was the bus really busy a 11.00 am departure from Swampy. They run on Thai time so the 11.00 am departure left around 11.20 ish. Be aware that there is no under-seat compartment storage available so all the luggage is stored within the seating area on the bus.

Pretty good service really, especially if the bus isn't too full. Runs in both directions from 05.00 hrs until midnight.

P1010223_2_2.jpg

Just an aside, if you don't want to pay airport food prices at Don Muang then check out the Magic Food Point food court which is located opposite the underground car-park on the way in. Works the same way as any food court in Thailand. Good cheap Thai food, but more importantly some lovely eye candy from Nok Air and Air Asia's grab a bite to eat in there.

P1010559.jpg

Regards

• Upvote 4

Thank you for your update. It means that using the budget carriers is once again viable from Pattaya at low transfer costs using the various buses, although it looks as if the travel times with average connections will be around 3 hours.

Unless there is a bus service from Pattaya to Don Muang direct?

Thank you for your update. It means that using the budget carriers is once again viable from Pattaya at low transfer costs using the various buses, although it looks as if the travel times with average connections will be around 3 hours.

Just incase you missed it.

http://www.pattayatalk.com/forums/topic/59579-bell-travel-tofrom-don-muang/

Regards

another alternative from pattaya is to get a bus from pattaya north bus station to Mor Chit bus station (134 baht about 2 to 2 and a half hours) then get a taxi from bus station to DMK (125 baht, 20 mins). There are taxis waiting right where you get off the Mor Chit bus.

the bus to Mor Chit leaves pattaya every 40 minutes

To be honest it has put me off Air Asia and the like. I would mostly get a taxi to the airport or drive myself as I don't live central. Re-introducing the uncertainty of how long it will take to traverse Bangkok is like going back to the 80's.

As to faffing around via Moe chit, it isn't going to happen for me......

I agree that its a lot of f....g around and I did get spoiled with travel to Swampy. However, I can get a return to australia (two single tickets) for around $5-600, if I keep an eye out for their promos. I do this twice a year and the major airlines want $800 for a one way ticket or upto to $1500 for a return ticket valid for six months. I will wear the slight inconvenience to save that sort of ST money !!