Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I am preparing for a trip to Thailand (for 8 weeks) in January, and as an Australian I believe a return air tkt with a Valid Passport only allows me to stay for a maximum 1 month. Is there a easier way of staying longer without leaving the country, (border crossing) to stay longer ??

I am preparing for a trip to Thailand (for 8 weeks) in January, and as an Australian I believe a return air tkt with a Valid Passport only allows me to stay for a maximum 1 month. Is there a easier way of staying longer without leaving the country, (border crossing) to stay longer ??

Get a tourist visa from your nearest Thai Embassy/Consulate. Valid for 60 days and can be extended in-country for a further thirty days.

• Upvote 1

Get a tourist visa from your nearest Thai Embassy/Consulate. Valid for 60 days and can be extended in-country for a further thirty days.

+1

you can get a tourist visa by mail in Aus but you do have to send your passport to them so make sure you register the article - it is virtually a same day service once it gets to the emabassy/consulate and you'll have you passport with visa back within the week.

When you arrive in LOS you will get a 30 day stamp, you can then do a border run and get another 30 days. Border runs cost around 2500 baht from places like the Queen Victoria in Soi 6. Look at the cost of the tourist visa versus a border run. It may be cheaper for your 56 day stay in LOS

When you arrive in LOS you will get a 30 day stamp, you can then do a border run and get another 30 days. Border runs cost around 2500 baht from places like the Queen Victoria in Soi 6. Look at the cost of the tourist visa versus a border run. It may be cheaper for your 56 day stay in LOS

Hi Mick, I think Aussies still only get a 15 day extension when doing a border run, after arriving in Thailand with a 30 day without a visa stamp.

• Upvote 1

Thai immigration is granting 30 days at all border crossings regardless of land or air now. For visa exemption class, not visa on demand class.

A tourist visa makes more sense than a border run unless there is a point to the run, e.g. a flight to Siem Reap a few days from U-Tapao airport near Pattaya which now has flights there.

The OP needs 60 days, so a single entry visa will do the job, though 59 days might be more accurate.

Edited by Grandpollo

Thai immigration is granting 30 days at all border crossings regardless of land or air now.

No.

This affirmation is false, and I think the OP would only get 15 days.

Edited by Idefix

Thai immigration is granting 30 days at all border crossings regardless of land or air now. For visa exemption class, not visa on demand class.

At present, the increase from 15 to 30 days only applies to citizens of the G7 countries. From Thai Visa ...

At present, the increase from 15 to 30 days only applies to citizens of the G7 countries. From Thai Visa ...

attachicon.gifvisa.jpg

There's the problem then. Australia needs to boot someone out of the G7 and take their place, then it will work.