Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

My thai girlfriend will be visiting me in june , the first time she came to the uk was in 2012 she booked a flight from a travel agent in pattaya the cost about 50,000 baht eva air (return).

Looking at the price of flights for june , eva air is coming in at about 60,000 baht ish (return) .I always book my flights online for the best price ,British Airways price 36,000 baht £675:00 ish as my girl doesn't have a credit card she cannot book online.

My question is can I book the flight for her online and then email her all the paper work eticket conformation ect

it will work out a lot cheaper for me to do.

I do know I will need all the correct info about her full name/ address/passport detail ect is it doable ?

She is not confident with a stopover so will fly direct to heathrow uk ,any advice please ? . Steve

Yes it is possible. I have done it a few times now to fly my girl to Australia.

First contact the airline regarding the use of the credit card. Sometimes they want to see the card used for purchase at the check in counter. This does not happen often but it's worth doing.

Perhaps this can be avoided if the website accepts payment via Paypal.

Also ask them about what currency they accept on the plane in case she needs to buy something.

Just make sure that you have all the current details and add both your and her phone number in case the flight is delayed and the airline tries to contact you. I also check delays and flight online as she is about to leave home and then again at departing time.

Also make sure that her passport is valid for at least six month after her arrival date.

Email her the itinerary so she can print it.

Then I usually go over the travel time on a Skype call just to make sure. Some departure times can be confusing, i.e. depart at 00.45 on a Friday, means she has to be on route to the airport on Thursday night to check inn at 22.00.

Pick her up at the airport with a hug, kiss and a slap on the ass. ;-)

Just curious. What airline flies direct from Bkk to Heathrow?

C.

Edited by chameleonic

C.

Thai Airways

C.

Thai Airways

+ EVA and BA. Edited by firth1974

Steve i have done this before and offer the following.

A uk visa application is more complex if you pay for the flight as you have to prove your income is sufficient.

A flight booked direct with british airways will require a credit card confirmation at Bangkok, but booked through an agent website will not.

Think about finding a website yourself and telling her to book with her credit card. You can always reimburse her if you want.

PM me if you want more information.

posted from my Samsung using Tapatalk 2.

Where is she now located?

If it is Pattaya or Bangkok area surely she could turn up at a travel agent with the details and price details you have already researched for her.

Then it is simply a matter of getting the money to her...... ie transfer it into her account.

Try Massic travel, currently their website shows..

BA UK & EURO 1 22500 V YR TILL 14 JUNE

Where is she now located?

If it is Pattaya or Bangkok area surely she could turn up at a travel agent with the details and price details you have already researched for her.

Then it is simply a matter of getting the money to her...... ie transfer it into her account.

Try Massic travel, currently their website shows..

BA UK & EURO 1 22500 V YR TILL 14 JUNE

Jacko is massic travel on second road just past pattaya klang on the right traveling north ? if it is that's the one she usually goes too

My thai girlfriend will be visiting me in june , the first time she came to the uk was in 2012 she booked a flight from a travel agent in pattaya the cost about 50,000 baht eva air (return).

Looking at the price of flights for june , eva air is coming in at about 60,000 baht ish (return) .I always book my flights online for the best price ,British Airways price 36,000 baht £675:00 ish as my girl doesn't have a credit card she cannot book online.

My question is can I book the flight for her online and then email her all the paper work eticket conformation ect

I do know I will need all the correct info about her full name/ address/passport detail ect is it doable ?

She is not confident with a stopover so will fly direct to heathrow uk ,any advice please ? . Steve

It's perfectly doable, all you need is her info, that is correct, only some airlines want verification if the card holder is not the passenger.

only some airlines want verification if the card holder is not the passenger.

Particularly Thai airways who always want the traveller to be the credit card holder, or for the credit card holder to have visited a Thai air office with proof of identity to obtain a disclaimer.

Plus BA if booked directly through them.

Not sure about EVA so won't comment about them.

Jacko is massic travel on second road just past pattaya klang on the right traveling north ? if it is that's the one she usually goes too

It used to be just before soi 6/ Bangkok bank, but has moved further down close to Nua and the Dolphin now.

It is in the Pattaya Bazaar now.

Website

I once paid for a ticket by walking to the Bangkok Bank and making a transfer to their account.

Edited by jacko

Update ,

Re- credit card show at the airport, Severn was right , looks like if you book direct with a airline they can ask you to show the

card you booked the flight with if you book though a booking agent you do not I just had it confirmed with netflights via travelsupermarket.com .

will update again when everything booked. Steve

Edited by surry

Update ,

Re- credit card show at the airport, Severn was right , looks like if you book direct with a airline they can ask you to show the

card you booked the flight with if you book though a booking agent you do not I just had it confirmed with netflights via travelsupermarket.com .

will update again when everything booked. Steve

Good luck, but don't forget that if you pay for airline you will need to give her a copy of your bank statement to submit with her UK visa application.

Can you let the forum know the prices you manage to obtain please.